Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Image analysis experts welcome, UFO pics

seeder

It's easy to mistake these illumination effects for UFO's. After a while it gets easier to discern a genuine UFO from an illusion. It just takes practice.

I think that is the most delusional thing I have ever read.

Anyone seen this nonsense topped?

• Like 5

The only thing I think that equals it is when people are told they can develop or improve their 'psy' powers by practicing. That kind of delusion is not only self serving but perpetuates the delusion in others.

• Like 1

When the preacher, no matter the faith or fantasy, says, "I can tell you have an open mind."

• Like 1

When the preacher, no matter the faith or fantasy, says, "I can tell you have an open mind."

In that context (similar to UFOlogy I might add) "I can tell you have an open mind" is code for "I can tell you'll buy what I'm selling". :whistle:

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 3

The only thing I think that equals it is when people are told they can develop or improve their 'psy' powers by practicing. That kind of delusion is not only self serving but perpetuates the delusion in others.

Now that you mention it...........

It is indeed up there with that, and that reminds me of the people who "ask the universe to provide".

One would have to want that delusion just a bit at least I think? Maybe people who are very unsatisfied with their existence do this to convince themselves they are not mundane and like everyone else? It seems more likely than a person actually being that stupid?

• Like 1

Now that you mention it...........

It is indeed up there with that, and that reminds me of the people who "ask the universe to provide".

One would have to want that delusion just a bit at least I think? Maybe people who are very unsatisfied with their existence do this to convince themselves they are not mundane and like everyone else? It seems more likely than a person actually being that stupid?

There do seem to be psychological underpinnings to belief, although to be honest that could be said about most things, even skepticism. Skepticism, or more precisely, critical thought at least tries to minimize the interference and/or influence therein.

• Like 1

There do seem to be psychological underpinnings to belief, although to be honest that could be said about most things, even skepticism. Skepticism, or more precisely, critical thought at least tries to minimize the interference and/or influence therein.

Minimisation is rational, however, are people really that stupid though? I wonder if some actually believe they can move things with their minds if they really believe deeply enough? It has to be self delusion, surely deep down they must know what a pile of horse hockey it is? Can people actually be that gullible to themselves?

:tu: Not so far no... he is a real treasure isnt he? Should have buried him years ago :lol:

• Like 1

Oh damn I wish I hadn't read that, I just ordered Uri Gellers 'Professional Psy Development' kit of Ebay ...it was only £49.99, PLUS it came with 3 free tea spoons :lol:

• Like 2