Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 military us projects we know off..

qxcontinuum

It is interesting to note that the rise in sightings of triangular shaped craft coincidences pretty nicely with the development and testing of the F117 and B2.

Up until then, UFOs were pretty much cigar-shaped and saucers.

• Like 3

It is interesting to note that the rise in sightings of triangular shaped craft coincidences pretty nicely with the development and testing of the F117 and B2.

although a majority of reports also have the craft at a much much bigger size, slow in flight/hovering, silent adn the ability to suddenly whizz off at a rate of knots.

We cant ignore these aspects of the reports and just focus on the shape alone.

If we look at a recent thread posted by 1963, there is not one part of the witness description that would fit the F117 or the B2. I also know of triangle reports dating back to at least the early 1970s.

Not that old wives tale again.

The Stealth aircraft are a poor man's UFO.

Look at the characteristics of the triangular UFO's.

They hover, are extremely fast, unusual lighting, huge................in short nothing like a tin can stealth bomber.

but where are these pics? where can i see them truly in their 10 mega pixels splendor ...

• Like 1

although a majority of reports also have the craft at a much much bigger size, slow in flight/hovering, silent adn the ability to suddenly whizz off at a rate of knots.

We cant ignore these aspects of the reports and just focus on the shape alone.

If we look at a recent thread posted by 1963, there is not one part of the witness description that would fit the F117 or the B2. I also know of triangle reports dating back to at least the early 1970s.

Well those dates would be consistent with the development of the F117 platform. Not to mention that "flying wing" aircraft have been around since 1915.

As for the other aspects, most of these sightings are at night right? We all know how difficult it is to determine the size of flying objects without reference points. Add to that the night time aspects of the sightings and the other claims can be mistaken as well. Then, of course, there is the issue of people lying.

And as Continuum asked, where are the photos from all of these sightings?

Not that old wives tale again.

The Stealth aircraft are a poor man's UFO.

Look at the characteristics of the triangular UFO's.

They hover, are extremely fast, unusual lighting, huge................in short nothing like a tin can stealth bomber.

And the photos of all of these are where exactly?

• Like 1

Found this web site online.

Food for thought.

http://listverse.com...gence-projects/

Roswell was a cracker, IMO they needed the UFO story to grasp hold of people, and they knew it would, because they did not want people to know what was actually going on behind closed doors (and open skies), and nothing has changed much since.

Well those dates would be consistent with the development of the F117 platform. Not to mention that "flying wing" aircraft have been around since 1915.

As for the other aspects, most of these sightings are at night right? We all know how difficult it is to determine the size of flying objects without reference points. Add to that the night time aspects of the sightings and the other claims can be mistaken as well. Then, of course, there is the issue of people lying.

And as Continuum asked, where are the photos from all of these sightings?

And the photos of all of these are where exactly?

I thought the F117 was early 1980's, my mistake if it was early 70's.

I am not sure if most are at night but lets say they are for the purpose of this discussion. Firstly people lying, we can exclude those as we are talking about misidentifications here not the validity of the testimony. So people claim very large in size, hovering, incredible speeds and manouvers and traingular in shape. What I am struggling with is why we can accept the fact that people are able to determine the shape but are mistaken about everything else. The shape may be the hardest part to establish if the F117 was flying 10,000ft up at night, I dont see how people would see a low flying extremely large triangle that hovers and takes off at speed and mistake this for the F117.

Of course there will have been misidentifications of the F117 as a UFO, but it cannot be the cause of some of these triangle sightings because it doesnt make sense or meet any of the criteria apart from a vague resemblance to a triangle, which as mentioned would be very difficult to fathom at night and at over 10,000ft.

I think if you look at some of these cases and the sequence of events and people involved, coupled with their reactions I do not find a lack of photos strange but in line with the storys events as described.

Lets take the case posted by 1963 about the patrolman, the two truckers and the lady, I dont see who and at what time could have been (reasonably) expected to take a photo.

The Phoenix lights however (the earlier event not the lights/flares) of a huge triangular craft moving across the state, for this event I would have expected photos....

the Lockheed Have Blue ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Have_Blue ), Prototype of the F-117, really dates back to the mid-/ late 70's, and the concept for the B2 is even older. To me it's totally plausible though that one can see a rise in "Triangle"-sightings that coincides with those two planes being introduced publicly. Both plane concepts are rather unusual and in the case of the F-117 unseen before, so there's plenty of room for people misidentifying or widely exaggerating their first glimpses of those planes in the sky.

I hesitate a bit though to attribute ALL Triangle sightings just to these two plane types.

My uncle used to live in Eupen, Belgium, and when the UFO flap hit Belgium in the late 80s/early 90s, he told us the most amazing stories he got out of the newspapers or in one occasion heard first hand. A thing those stories had in common was indeed the total absence of sound when people spotted these craft. I've never seen one of the airplanes mentioned above myself, but i figure that you can hear them pretty well, even though they're stealth.

Maybe the F-117 and B-2 were the ones revealed to the public, while a third type of airplane was REALLY kept secret up to this day? Well, who knows....

the Lockheed Have Blue ( http://de.wikipedia....kheed_Have_Blue ), Prototype of the F-117, really dates back to the mid-/ late 70's, and the concept for the B2 is even older. To me it's totally plausible though that one can see a rise in "Triangle"-sightings that coincides with those two planes being introduced publicly. Both plane concepts are rather unusual and in the case of the F-117 unseen before, so there's plenty of room for people misidentifying or widely exaggerating their first glimpses of those planes in the sky.

I hesitate a bit though to attribute ALL Triangle sightings just to these two plane types.

My uncle used to live in Eupen, Belgium, and when the UFO flap hit Belgium in the late 80s/early 90s, he told us the most amazing stories he got out of the newspapers or in one occasion heard first hand. A thing those stories had in common was indeed the total absence of sound when people spotted these craft. I've never seen one of the airplanes mentioned above myself, but i figure that you can hear them pretty well, even though they're stealth.

Maybe the F-117 and B-2 were the ones revealed to the public, while a third type of airplane was REALLY kept secret up to this day? Well, who knows....

Hey JT, I just struggle to see how people can firstly see a triangle shape of this craft when they fly at night over 10,000ft up in the sky. Ok granted exaggerations happen but hovering, 1000ft in size, takes of at immense speed doesnt coinicide with you basic exaggeration....its either made up completely or not the same thing IMO.

Hey JT, I just struggle to see how people can firstly see a triangle shape of this craft when they fly at night over 10,000ft up in the sky. Ok granted exaggerations happen but hovering, 1000ft in size, takes of at immense speed doesnt coinicide with you basic exaggeration....its either made up completely or not the same thing IMO.

hey Quillius, you're right with that, and what i was trying to get across with my post was going into the same direction, but it seems this attempt crashed down like a badly designed experimental plane

Let me try to sum up what i meant:

I acknowledge the fact that sightings of triangle shaped craft (or say UFOs in general) rose when these stealth planes were introduced to the public, due to their radical design concept.

BUT: from what i read or was told about the Belgium UFO wave, there is no way that those stealth planes could be held responsible for all of those sightings. The Belgium triangles were credited with attributes like total silence, the ability to hover in place and being overall really really huge. The Neither the F-117 nor the B-2 shows all of these attributes.

Better now? ;)

• Like 1

hey Quillius, you're right with that, and what i was trying to get across with my post was going into the same direction, but it seems this attempt crashed down like a badly designed experimental plane

Let me try to sum up what i meant:

I acknowledge the fact that sightings of triangle shaped craft (or say UFOs in general) rose when these stealth planes were introduced to the public, due to their radical design concept.

BUT: from what i read or was told about the Belgium UFO wave, there is no way that those stealth planes could be held responsible for all of those sightings. The Belgium triangles were credited with attributes like total silence, the ability to hover in place and being overall really really huge. The Neither the F-117 nor the B-2 shows all of these attributes.

Better now? ;)

Perfect!!!

:tu:

• Like 1

some early delta wing craft factoids!!

"The first practical uses of delta wing came in the form of so-called "tailless delta", i.e. without the horizontal tailplane. In fact the designs were at the same time also the first flying wings.

It could be argued if 1924 Cheranovsky designs, having one-of-a-kind parabolic planform,[5] fit the category of delta wings. Nevertheless, a triangular wing was pioneered especially by Alexander Lippisch in Germany.

He was first to fly tailless delta aircraft in 1931, followed by four improved designs. None of these was easy in handling at slow speeds, and none saw widespread service. During the war Lippisch studied a number of ramjet powered (sometimes coal-fueled) delta-wing interceptor aircraft, one progressing as far as a glider prototype.[10] Another pioneering design was the 1934 delta-wing Sigma 4 Interceptor, designed by Aleksandr Moskalyev in the Soviet Union.

more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_wing

And...

The Mirage III is a supersonic fighter aircraft designed by Dassault Aviation during the mid-1950s, and manufactured both in France and a number of other countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_III

170px-Mirage_III_MG_1487.jpg

some early delta wing craft factoids!!

"The first practical uses of delta wing came in the form of so-called "tailless delta", i.e. without the horizontal tailplane. In fact the designs were at the same time also the first flying wings.

It could be argued if 1924 Cheranovsky designs, having one-of-a-kind parabolic planform,[5] fit the category of delta wings. Nevertheless, a triangular wing was pioneered especially by Alexander Lippisch in Germany.

He was first to fly tailless delta aircraft in 1931, followed by four improved designs. None of these was easy in handling at slow speeds, and none saw widespread service. During the war Lippisch studied a number of ramjet powered (sometimes coal-fueled) delta-wing interceptor aircraft, one progressing as far as a glider prototype.[10] Another pioneering design was the 1934 delta-wing Sigma 4 Interceptor, designed by Aleksandr Moskalyev in the Soviet Union.

more

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Delta_wing

And...

The Mirage III is a supersonic fighter aircraft designed by Dassault Aviation during the mid-1950s, and manufactured both in France and a number of other countries.

http://en.wikipedia....ault_Mirage_III

170px-Mirage_III_MG_1487.jpg

so is this an argument against the increase in triangle sightings coinciding with earthly traingle shaped aircraft :) ?

nice one seeder

so is this an argument against the increase in triangle sightings coinciding with earthly traingle shaped aircraft :) ?

nice one seeder

Good heavens - no its not an argument, but...you said.. "I also know of triangle reports dating back to at least the early 1970s", which then led me to look into triangular shaped craft - before that date.

Good heavens - no its not an argument, but...you said.. "I also know of triangle reports dating back to at least the early 1970s", which then led me to look into triangular shaped craft - before that date.

my bad, shouldnt tease. :)

on a serious note, has anyone shown the numbers of triangle sightings over the years and reconciled them with the number of terrestrial craft in action per year?

until this is done, any coincidence is speculative at best IMO.

then we would still have the problem of night time sightings- how would one make out a triangle at night at over 10000ft?

(then after that we can introduce the otehr elements size, hovering, sound etc)

Those damn Germans!

23triangle.jpg?resize=400%2C444