Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Repeated sightings?

Farmer77

I am watching a documentary about an italian filmographer named Urzi who has had a ton of repeated supposed sightings which he caught on video. I don't know or really care about him or the veracity of his videos but his multiple sightings did get me thinking:

The first 30ish years of my life I had zero "ufo" experiences. Since moving to the desert however I have had numerous UFO sightings along with at least 3 unidentified aircraft experiences - all backed up with multiple other witnesses, in about 4 years. Why am i so lucky?

Of those of you who have had experiences with UFO phenomenon how many have had multiple sightings? If you have were you looking for them?

Just curious!

• Like 1

I am watching a documentary about an italian filmographer named Urzi who has had a ton of repeated supposed sightings which he caught on video. I don't know or really care about him or the veracity of his videos but his multiple sightings did get me thinking:

The first 30ish years of my life I had zero "ufo" experiences. Since moving to the desert however I have had numerous UFO sightings along with at least 3 unidentified aircraft experiences - all backed up with multiple other witnesses, in about 4 years. Why am i so lucky?

Of those of you who have had experiences with UFO phenomenon how many have had multiple sightings? If you have were you looking for them?

Just curious!

In regards to Urzi....it was debunked long long ago, he placed stuff on an attic window, thats all. Only some people fall for the story that one man, yes ONE MAN, consistently saw and filmed clear metallic ufos :w00t:

watch this to the end!!!

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by seeder

The reason you might be so "lucky" is your location (next to an airport)(military test range, etc, etc,) Or it could be that to you, every little light and flying craft that you cant imediately identify is translated by your brain to be something extraordinary, like an alien craft?

• Like 1

I think anyone has more chance of sighting a ufo if they are looking for them, moreso than if they just walk along and hope to stumble upon one.

Just curious!

What desert? I've had multiple sightings and only two of them was I deliberately looking for them.

The reason you might be so "lucky" is your location (next to an airport)(military test range, etc, etc,) Or it could be that to you, every little light and flying craft that you cant imediately identify is translated by your brain to be something extraordinary, like an alien craft?

Yeah i get why you'd think that but im an FAA licensed aircraft disatcher and trained ATP with 15 years aviation experience.

What desert? I've had multiple sightings and only two of them was I deliberately looking for them.

The Sonoran. Honestly only once was I looking for them. The unidentified aircraft are the ones which I can put my foot down and say NO that is not normal! LOL I have seen other lights and fireballs which could have astronomical or terrestrial explanations but I really don't know alot about comets, planets etc.

Aviaton however

Yeah i get why you'd think that but im an FAA licensed aircraft disatcher and trained ATP with 15 years aviation experience.

It would have been prudent to mention that a little earlier, however, now that you have, what do you feel differs what you have seen from conventional aircraft?

I have had a couple of sightings, but I was not looking for anything specific at the time.

Parts of the Sonoran Desert happen to be a hotspot for UAP, just as Hessdalen, Norway is. That would explain why you've seen more than one since you've moved there several years ago.

• Like 4

Just curious!

Lots of airbases in the southwestern deserts. :) The air is clean and clear and there is not a lot of light pollution.

• Like 2

Hello DB, where exactly did the farmer claim to have seen alien craft? He was merely stating he had seen UFOs, so please dont accuse his brain of converting this to ET when there is nothing to indicate this is the conclusion he reached.

Your suggestion of location (near military or airport) or LS's suggestion of a UAP hotspot are fine and may well explain the 'repeated' sightings of UFOs, it was just the last part I thought was inappropriate and inaccurate.

:tu:

• Like 2

Just curious!

Perhaps it has more to do with the fact that you can see much more of the sky now that you live in the desert? That's also the location of most aircraft test ranges in the US.

It's called Big Sky Country for a reason.

Hello DB, where exactly did the farmer claim to have seen alien craft? He was merely stating he had seen UFOs, so please dont accuse his brain of converting this to ET when there is nothing to indicate this is the conclusion he reached.

Your suggestion of location (near military or airport) or LS's suggestion of a UAP hotspot are fine and may well explain the 'repeated' sightings of UFOs, it was just the last part I thought was inappropriate and inaccurate.

:tu:

Can we all agree to not play that game?

The site is called Unexplained Mysteries. The post is in the Extraterrestrial Life & UFO Phenomenon section. There are 1000s of pages about ETs, Roswell Aliens, Men in Black, alien spacecraft, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

We're not talking about misidentified C130s here. I'm sure there are a multitude of aviation forums where such things can be discussed.

Edited by Rafterman

Can we all agree to not play that game?

The site is called Unexplained Mysteries. The post is in the Extraterrestrial Life & UFO Phenomenon section. There are 1000s of pages about ETs, Roswell Aliens, Men in Black, alien spacecraft, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

We're not talking about misidentified C130s here. I'm sure there are a multitude of aviation forums where such things can be discussed.

no game being played, you are right the section is titled 'Extraterrestrial Life & UFO Phenomenon' for me the clue is in the '&' indicating that there could well be a phenomenon at play here we know little about and is seperate to ET.

Why is it either misidentifiations of 'aircraft' or 'ET' is there no other possibilities?

and yes the site is called unexplained mysteries.....if all we are talking about is misidentified aircraft then there is no unexplained mystery, we can put the phenomenon down to misidentifications and be done with it, right?

Edited by quillius

You live near an air force testing ground where new aircraft are being developed.

You live near an air force testing ground where new aircraft are being developed.

Well, I guess we can go home now. Mike has solved the problem without even seeing or being there! It's so cool he can do that, considering Farmer is nothing more than a FAA licensed aircraft dispatcher and trained ATP with 15 years aviation experience.

Just curious!

There was another guy that allegedly experienced many sightings in England. I tried to locate the links earlier with no success. What the final conclusion about him was I don't know. Did he live in Portsmouth somewhere?

I'll try and track him again.

Perhaps it has more to do with the fact that you can see much more of the sky now that you live in the desert? That's also the location of most aircraft test ranges in the US.

It's called Big Sky Country for a reason.

I think you are on to something there. I am now definitely always looking up at night, i think in hindsight i probably have since i moved down here. I lived in Alaska previously nestled in between two military bases but we never had such beautiful night skies.

I think you are on to something there. I am now definitely always looking up at night, i think in hindsight i probably have since i moved down here. I lived in Alaska previously nestled in between two military bases but we never had such beautiful night skies.

Alaska has some of the most beautiful night skies in the world.

Alaska has some of the most beautiful night skies in the world.

When they can be seen LOL. I've been thinking about this and in AK its cloudy ALOT and in the summer its always daylight and in the winter its COLDEST when the skies are clear.