Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

300,000 Lose Insurance in Florida

joc

Thousands Of Consumers Get Insurance Cancellation Notices Due To Health Law Changes

Health plans are sending hundreds of thousands of cancellation letters to people who buy their own coverage, frustrating some consumers who want to keep what they have and forcing others to buy more costly policies.

The main reason insurers offer is that the policies fall short of what the Affordable Care Act requires starting Jan. 1. Most are ending policies sold after the law passed in March 2010. At least a few are cancelling plans sold to people with pre-existing medical conditions.

Sigh What part of this did we 'Tea Partiers' say was going to happen...every part!

• Like 5

Sure, you may have said it happened but from what I read, none of it seems negative. The article even stated they would be automatically enrolled in a new plan anyways. If costs are what worry them, why not just enroll in a plan that costs less? I'm sure a simple health care plan from the government wouldn't be any more costly than what they had.

These stories may be happening to people, but it seems like some who are completely against the ACA, just cherry pick from these stories and are against it just out of a "I told you so" attitude. Sure it happened, but where are all the dead people piling up?

Edited by andy4
  • Like 1

Sure, you may have said it happened but from what I read, none of it seems negative. The article even stated they would be automatically enrolled in a new plan anyways. If costs are what worry them, why not just enroll in a plan that costs less? I'm sure a simple health care plan from the government wouldn't be any more costly than what they had.

These stories may be happening to people, but it seems like some who are completely against the ACA, just cherry pick from these stories and are against it just out of a "I told you so" attitude. Sure it happened, but where are all the dead people piling up?

Did you even read the article? 300,000 in Florida...160,000 in California...Dude! The Health Care providers are cancelling their Insurance.

Never mind...there are none so blind as those who WILL not see.

• Like 7

His point is that Obamacare was a lie from the the start. Many people supported this expecting they could keep their insurance, as they were told over and over they would be allowed to do. They essentially got trolled.

• Like 5

His point is that Obamacare was a lie from the the start. Many people supported this expecting they could keep their insurance, as they were told over and over they would be allowed to do. They essentially got trolled.

And as an added bonus America becomes an economy of part time workers. What's not to love?
  • Like 4

You think Obamacare is garbage...well these plans were cancelled because they were worse than Obamacare. These are the so called "catastrophic" health care plans that insurance companies love. They provide a HUGE profit to the insurance companies because less than 2% of the people that pay for it use it.

yea, i guess 300k should be happy their policy was canceled. they had insurance, may not be best, but they had it, now they don't. now they have to pay more. obamacare=scam

• Like 1

They provide a HUGE profit to the insurance companies because less than 2% of the people that pay for it use it.

and now they'll make even more profit,. since same ppl will have to buy more expencive policy, that they will use as often as the old one.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

You think Obamacare is garbage...

yes i do, show me 1 peice of evidence, REAL evidence, it is not.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

If Obamas lips are moving, he is lying.

ObamaCare will implode. 20 something Americans are getting sticker shock.

Obamas Pants On Fire

• Like 1

Yes, most people are losing their insurance, because their policies don't comply with ACA standards....because a 50 year old menopausal woman, has to pay for maternity care, or a single man, has to pay for children's dental....you don't need it, but are required to have it, and pay for it.... :no:

• Like 3

You think Obamacare is garbage...well these plans were cancelled because they were worse than Obamacare. These are the so called "catastrophic" health care plans that insurance companies love. They provide a HUGE profit to the insurance companies because less than 2% of the people that pay for it use it.

“Worse than Obamacare”? Maybe, maybe not. But at least it was the coverage they wanted. They didn’t get to keep it. My company transitioned to be compatible with Obamacare last year. We have a slightly smaller premium, no copay but it is well made up in deductible. We went from $400 apiece to $4000 for the both. We usually only spend about $2000 a year for healthcare. So basically, all we have now *IS* catastrophic. Someone is making a huge profit off of us.

I’m in my fifties and so I’ve recently had “routine” exams done. They said that these would be covered as preventative. They were not. Now I have about 7 different bills. Any one bill is not a killer but with all of them together is an annoyance as I can’t take care of them all up front and we get harassed by people looking for their money. Cash flow is tight and I can only do $25 to $50 a month on each. After all is said and done, this still doesn’t meet the deductible but it takes money away from putting back into the house (i.e. we need new garage doors – we have to put that off another year). But next year will be the same. There will be some other routine medical expenses.

What good is paying the premium if we can’t use it? We are both pretty healthy. We take an active role in taking care of ourselves with diet and exercise. I’m very competitive in baseball and volleyball. In fact my travelling “senior” volleyball team played in the Senior Olympics in Cleveland earlier this year and we won the Silver Medal. I’ve had my bone density tested just last week and it was at 1.3. Something like .8 is where most 20 somethings are at. But still because of my age, I need to be more watchful of my health. I can’t afford to ignore it like most 20 somethings can but I’m getting dinged because I’m healthy for my age and probably better than most of those 20 somethings. Obamacare is not working out very well for me.

• Like 3

"Worse than Obamacare"? Maybe, maybe not. But at least it was the coverage they wanted. They didn't get to keep it. My company transitioned to be compatible with Obamacare last year. We have a slightly smaller premium, no copay but it is well made up in deductible. We went from $400 apiece to $4000 for the both. We usually only spend about $2000 a year for healthcare. So basically, all we have now *IS* catastrophic. Someone is making a huge profit off of us.

I'm in my fifties and so I've recently had "routine" exams done. They said that these would be covered as preventative. They were not. Now I have about 7 different bills. Any one bill is not a killer but with all of them together is an annoyance as I can't take care of them all up front and we get harassed by people looking for their money. Cash flow is tight and I can only do $25 to $50 a month on each. After all is said and done, this still doesn't meet the deductible but it takes money away from putting back into the house (i.e. we need new garage doors – we have to put that off another year). But next year will be the same. There will be some other routine medical expenses.

What good is paying the premium if we can't use it? We are both pretty healthy. We take an active role in taking care of ourselves with diet and exercise. I'm very competitive in baseball and volleyball. In fact my travelling "senior" volleyball team played in the Senior Olympics in Cleveland earlier this year and we won the Silver Medal. I've had my bone density tested just last week and it was at 1.3. Something like .8 is where most 20 somethings are at. But still because of my age, I need to be more watchful of my health. I can't afford to ignore it like most 20 somethings can but I'm getting dinged because I'm healthy for my age and probably better than most of those 20 somethings. Obamacare is not working out very well for me.

ObamaCare = Just Another Tax on the American People

90% of Americans were satisfied with the old system. Lets just switch back and add Tort Reform. :tu:

• Like 2

I have trouble understanding why anyone would honestly support obama's ACA. Affordable? Really? My rate has increased 38% already and my employer believes it will increase even more.

When I read comments like those made by Andy4 I wonder what kind of plan he has that would enable him to support obamascare and condemn those that stand against a piece of legislation that I believe is sure to cause great harm to our country.

It seems to me that if the government does something it gets worse and more expensive as time goes on, If the private sector does something it usually gets better and less expensive in time.

I'm at the point now where I can't stand to even think about whats going on in the government, it literally makes me sick. Sadest thing is that obamacare is only the tip of a much larger, and well hidden agenda against america as we know it, excuse me, as I know it.

• Like 1

I have trouble understanding why anyone would honestly support obama's ACA. Affordable? Really? My rate has increased 38% already and my employer believes it will increase even more.

When I read comments like those made by Andy4 I wonder what kind of plan he has that would enable him to support obamascare and condemn those that stand against a piece of legislation that I believe is sure to cause great harm to our country.

It seems to me that if the government does something it gets worse and more expensive as time goes on, If the private sector does something it usually gets better and less expensive in time.

I'm at the point now where I can't stand to even think about whats going on in the government, it literally makes me sick. Sadest thing is that obamacare is only the tip of a much larger, and well hidden agenda against america as we know it, excuse me, as I know it.

It appears Ann Coulter agrees with you.

So your rate when up before Obamacare took affect, and yet you say it is the reason?

So your rate when up before Obamacare took affect, and yet you say it is the reason?

Do you understand that many insurance companies (in order to compete in) and other businesses (in order to be compliant with) took a proactive stance prior to Obamacare taking effect to transition into the new model?

• Like 2

Do you understand that many insurance companies (in order to compete in) and other businesses (in order to be compliant with) took a proactive stance prior to Obamacare taking effect to transition into the new model?

Exactly the point that came to my mind . It sounds like many many people will be forced to give up policies that they now have because, as joc posted , " the policies fall short of what the Affordable Care Act requires starting Jan. 1."

So, the afford mentioned insurance companies which took " a proactive stance" will be the beneficiaries of all of those who will be forced to join "the PLAN".

That makes it even more obvious to me that the act was primarily enacted to benefit a select group of Insurance companies? Hello?

• Like 3

Exactly the point that came to my mind . It sounds like many many people will be forced to give up policies that they now have because, as joc posted , " the policies fall short of what the Affordable Care Act requires starting Jan. 1."

So, the afford mentioned insurance companies which took " a proactive stance" will be the beneficiaries of all of those who will be forced to join "the PLAN".

That makes it even more obvious to me that the act was primarily enacted to benefit a select group of Insurance companies? Hello?

It looks like Blue Cross Blue Shield is disgusted with the entire ObamaCare nightmare.

The news keeps getting worse everyday!

By Friday i think the democrats in the U.S. Senate will join Senator Marco Rubio and drop kick ObamaCare for 1 year with or without

the consent of the White House.

We ALL got a heads up from Sen. Max Baucus a long time ago. "It's a Train Wreck."

Well, duh....A lot of smaller insurance companies have gone under because of the ACA....

Well, duh....A lot of smaller insurance companies have gone under because of the ACA....

Insurance Monopolies have been created.

We have less freedom.

• Like 1

It will cause great harm to our country? I'm sure all the people that are sick who will now be covered will disagree with you on that one.

The ACA will be different than the private sector, no doubt, but that's why we have it. Too many people getting couldnt get coverage because the private companies charged too much for, and to certain people.

The ACA isn't some part of any "hidden agenda", it's simply there to help those who need it. What could the larger agenda possibly be? I'd really like to know.

Insurance Monopolies have been created.

We have less freedom.

You mean the insurance monopolies that were there before anyways? I bet some would say they have more freedom, because they can now purchase health insurance for the first time in their life, and don't have to stress over the what ifs anymore.

Nobody has less freedom due to this, you'd just love for it to be that way however.

Edited by andy4