Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope suspends German 'luxury bishop'

questionmark

Bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Elst of Limburg ordered to leave his diocese amid scandal over his alleged lavish spending

Pope Francis has ordered the German Roman Catholic prelate known as the "luxury bishop" for spending €31m(£26m) on a residence to leave his diocese for an unspecified period.

Read more

Wow this Pope is a throwback to the middle-ages lol love it!

Wow this Pope is a throwback to the middle-ages lol love it!

What, he's put his kids in charge of everything and is referring to himself in the third person? :P

• Like 3

This Pope could be the salvation of the Catholic religion.

He certainly seems to be saying and doing the right things.

Pope Francis

Servus Dei :innocent:

Edited by Star of the Sea

Limburg is not far from where I live, and yes, tempers are running high here. The decision Pope Francis has made was the only right thing he could do, at least in my opinion. It wouldn't be a good idea for Tebartz-van Elst to return to Limburg over the next couple of weeks or months. German newspapers report that the bishop's family have even received threats on their lives and are thinking about emigrating... Obviously, people are taking this whole affair quite seriously. Especially Catholics seem to sense that this man has damaged the reputation of the Catholic Church. More and more people are leaving the Church due to this scandal. As I'm not affected too much I'll just lean back and see what happens. ;)

Edit: Thought I'd share this pic with you:

HBd9iZmJ_Pxgen_r_Ax541.JPG

Source: http://www.focus.de/fotos/snoop-goddy-god-der-bischof-als-protziger-rapper_mid_1399897.html

Edited by Strigoaica