Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sandy Hook School to be Demolished

Dark_Grey

http://news.yahoo.com/confidentiality-required-sandy-hook-school-demolition-crews-183504644.html

BOSTON (Reuters) - Workers tearing down Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, site of one of Americas worst school shootings, have been required by the town to sign confidentiality agreements barring them from discussing or photographing the site.

Sandy Hook is now a taboo topic. Let's just build a new school over top of the old one and in one short generation this tragedy will have been all but forgotten...

Photography is prohibited, ma'am. Move along.

• Like 1

$50 million (estimated) demolition costs. Quite the unnecessary cost considered the dire state of the economy

• Like 3

I don't see why anyone would think this was anything but normal. The community wants to put it behind them and what better way to do that than tearing it down and starting over.

• Like 4

I don't see why anyone would think this was anything but normal. The community wants to put it behind them and what better way to do that than tearing it down and starting over.

Have any other schools been torn down to help get over a tragedy? Just playing devil's ad, here. It's no secret that Sandy Hook drew a lot of attention from "truthers"...I remember following it since day one. The fact that it's being torn down is one thing, but gag-orders aren't necessary if there's nothing incriminating to hide.

• Like 2

sheep.jpg

• Like 3

I don't really understand the non-disclosure part, but I do understand wanting to move on. Seems like a tremendous amount of money to do that. Couldn't they have just done major renovations to make it look different and saved the rest for hiring more teachers or something?

• Like 1

@shrine Builder....Is that really necessary?

Necessary? No.

Did I feel like doing it, and gain self-gratification from it? Yes.

Edited by Shrine Builder
  • Like 5

sheep.jpg

Just remember..whatever ideas you have, you too got them from someone else. You are just a sheep following a different shepherd.

• Like 1

Just remember..whatever ideas you have, you too got them from someone else. You are just a sheep following a different shepherd.

It's unhealthy to inject your insecurities into other people, friend.

I apologize (not really) for any discomfort I caused with my horrendous labeling of someone's opinion. I am extremely touchy when it comes to the Sandy Hook incident.

Not touchy as in tinfoil hat, basement conspiracy theorist...but...rather "suspicious" in regarding the majority of the facts and unanswered questions regarding the situation in its entirety.

• Like 3

This is an elementary school where small children will likely be more traumatized by the events that took place there. I understand a gag order. I can imagine some unscrupulous employee taking pictures of bullet ridden, blood stained walls and floors selling them on ebay.

• Like 6

I apologize (not really) for any discomfort I caused with my horrendous labeling of someone's opinion. I am extremely touchy when it comes to the Sandy Hook incident.

Not touchy as in tinfoil hat, basement conspiracy theorist...but...rather "suspicious" in regarding the majority of the facts and unanswered questions regarding the situation in its entirety.

Trust me, no insecurities here, just speaking the absolute truth. And judging by your attempt at an actual response instead of replying with a cute little picture, I'm guessing it touched a nerve.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the non-disclosure part, but I do understand wanting to move on. Seems like a tremendous amount of money to do that. Couldn't they have just done major renovations to make it look different and saved the rest for hiring more teachers or something?

I get the non-disclosure part. It's to prevent the workers from selling pictures of blood stained rooms to morbid web-sites and magazines and taking the chance that a family member will one day see it.
  • Like 6

This is an elementary school where small children will likely be more traumatized by the events that took place there.

Like Sweetpumper mentioned, has the Aurora Theatre been torn down? How about Columbine from years ago? So many traumatized people...

• Like 3

Trust me, no insecurities here, just speaking the absolute truth. And judging by your attempt at an actual response instead of replying with a cute little picture, I'm guessing it touched a nerve.

Now you're flirting with me?

I can reply with cute animal pictures all day.

animalangry.jpg

****, wait...

• Like 3

just speaking the absolute truth. .

lmao, what a slogan, if a had a dollar for everytime i heard someone said it, and was actually speaking the truth, i'd owe 37,5c.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Like Sweetpumper mentioned, has the Aurora Theatre been torn down? How about Columbine from years ago? So many traumatized people...

:gun:

• Like 2

Those are not places specifically geared towards small children who may not be able to deal with it as well as an adult.

It is a community decision. Do all women that get pregnant from rapes get abortions? Do some husbands that lose their wives remarry? It is THEIR decision to get rid of the building. The Aurora theatre? Really? A businessman is not going to tear down his business. I don't think insurance OR the state would cover that.

How dare you question what the idiot box tells you? Your supposed to believe everything they tell you! If you don't your a bat s*** crazy conspiracy theorist, who hates children and puppies! ;)

Just messing with you....

Honestly, they should call it Sandy "Hook, line, and sinker."

• Like 3