Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chicago moms' group not easily spooked

Brian Topp

Most moms' groups meet in someone's living room, maybe at a restaurant. Even the library. But this night, Christie Chaidez, Liz Mason and Theresa Ban are sitting in a dark hallway of an abandoned building. Peeling paint hangs from the ceiling like it's melting off a hot surface, and a musty smell hangs in the cement corridor.

read more: http://www.chicagoparent.com/magazines/chicago-parent/2013-october/feature/ghosthunters

• Like 2

Whats with the "moms" group thing? I am sure some of the men ghost hunters out there also have children....they do not advertise themselves as " paranormal fathers".

If they want to go on a girly night out hunting ghosts, fine, but the gimmicks are silly.

• Like 2

Whats with the "moms" group thing? I am sure some of the men ghost hunters out there also have children....they do not advertise themselves as " paranormal fathers".

If they want to go on a girly night out hunting ghosts, fine, but the gimmicks are silly.

I tried to do a all hamster ghost hunters but they ran away while i was showing them how to use the ghost radar app. Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

The meter moved! Priceless. I'd be more surprised if it didn't.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

What are "variations in electric energy" that their device detects?

What aren't they is more like it.

Any kind of radio signals

RADAR

Live wiring

Transformers

Electrical storms

Cosmic radiation

Magnetosphere

Microwave ovens

Solar activity

Generators

Ignition systems

Computers

People

Anything that has electrical flow or a magnetic field will make the meter move. There are quite literally thousands more sources. Any of which could do it.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

Except, I suppose, ghosts? I don't see ghosts going around causing electrical discharges. If so that's a new one to me.

Except, I suppose, ghosts? I don't see ghosts going around causing electrical discharges. If so that's a new one to me.

We get claims and stories being posted here from time to time about ghost hunting expeditions that couldn't get any photos or video of ghosts because ghosts electromagnetic fields drain the batteries from electronic devices.

We get claims and stories being posted here from time to time about ghost hunting expeditions that couldn't get any photos or video of ghosts because ghosts electromagnetic fields drain the batteries from electronic devices.

I normally class as forgetfulness or buy faultly batteries. I got customers who don't realize that batteries wear down and dont hold a charge for long. Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Last time a ghost hovered over my bedside my hair may have stood on end but it wasn't static electricity.

• Like 1

Well, first you have to control out all of those other sources which is difficult. The average EMF meter wielding, fumbling around in the dark, clod is not going to have the necessary tools much less the knowledge of how to use them.

Ghost believers in the same breath will tell you that science is not advanced enough to quantify ghosts but then insist their cheap EMF meters can detect them.

We live in an electrical world; how on earth could one ever be sure of a pure signal? I guess that is what you are saying.

• Like 1

We live in an electrical world; how on earth could one ever be sure of a pure signal? I guess that is what you are saying.

Fine question! The answer is they absolutely cannot. They ask questions then look at the meter and wait for the tiniest flicker and call it a response. They lead themselves to believe they are in touch with an entity from the other side when it is more likely the guy down the street just opened his garage door. Random magnetic flux happens everywhere on earth every day. Assigning meaning to any of it is silly without doing a crap-load of work to isolate, quantify, and qualify the fields. The sweaty dude with the $20 EMF meter crawling around in your attic will accomplish nothing beyond pushing himself closer to the intellectual dark ages.

• Like 1