Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Rogan Podcast w/ Jeff Meldrum

PlanB

Joe had a show that ran on SyFy called Joe Rogan Questions everything and recorded podcast sessions specifically for the purpose of being edited into the show. One of the topics was Bigfoot and this was the hour-and-a-half podcast for which they culled maybe 2 minutes.

I thought it was more informative than the actual TV episode itself. They discuss the usual BF topics like the PGF, Ketchum, Goodall, native legends, etc. If you're a skeptic, it won't do anything to change your mind, but it's a fun listen.

http://podcasts.joer...duncan-trussell

JRQE2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, PlanB! Great interview. You’re right, it didn’t sway my skepticism, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

A couple tidbits from the interview:

--Meldrum stated there is an archetype for sasquatch hair, a gold standard

--As an anthropologist, some of the insights he (Meldrum) has gained from studying sasquatch footprints have fueled new interpretations for him of other hominid evidence

--Julie Davis’ bigfoot encounter in the Denver Post- Meldrum used this as an example of a “compelling encounter”, as he had gotten to know her and considered her a friend. http://www.freerepub...ws/820483/posts

--Meldrum stated some counties have Safe-Haven Sasquatch laws. He mentioned a Vanette County (NO idea if that name is even close, but what it sounded like NO idea what state it is in).

--Meldrum's opinion of Melba Ketchum's DNA study is at the end

Edited by QuiteContrary

QC? I hope you realize that no one here is trying to "convert" you. Right?

QC? I hope you realize that no one here is trying to "convert" you. Right?

PlanB brought it up "If you're a skeptic, it won't do anything to change your mind, but it's a fun listen. " I only agreed with him. So not sure what you mean.

Yes, but the way you said made it sound like some here were trying to make a believer out of you. I'm a skeptic but open to the idea that they might exist, but that doesn't make me a Cryptid version of a Jehovah's Witness.

Keninsc, you made my day. This Halloween I'm going to be a "Cryptid Jehovah's Witness!

:w00t::clap::w00t:

Yes, but the way you said made it sound like some here were trying to make a believer out of you. I'm a skeptic but open to the idea that they might exist, but that doesn't make me a Cryptid version of a Jehovah's Witness.

Oh ken. I'll try to leave my skepticism outside of the church, so as not to upset anyone.

Or be accused of questioning/challenging Meldrum's proselytizing of an unknown animal.

Edited by QuiteContrary