Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Good Life' couple who lived in shed

Commander CMG

• Couple built the two-bedroom cabin in their field four years ago
  • Daniel and Lora Newman have now demolished the 5m x 6m cabin
  • The couple are going to move to France with their two children

arrow3.gifView: Read more

It's because we're way too overpopulated for everyone to do that. Ain't gonna be no nature left to peace from human habitat. I think the for demolishing order are wrong though, not according to the current laws but they ought to consider whether the couple's life was more of a detriment or a benefit to the surrounding nature at large. If it was on the side of a farming field and since the land owners didn't mind, then I'd see no reason for this, except upholding the current law which is a ****ty reason because law's just an abstract. Real reasons are real reasons.

The council ordered it demolished because they can't tax them for services they don't use.

• Like 2

Vyvyan: No! No! NO! We're not watching the bloody Good Life! Bloody bloody bloody! I hate it! It's so bloody nice! Felicity "Treacle" Kendall and Richard "Sugar-Flavored-Snot" Briars! What do they do now? Chocolate bloody Button ads, that's what! They're just a couple of reactionary stereotypes, confirming the myth that everyone in Britain is a lovable, middle-class eccentric - and I - HATE - THEM!
  • Like 2

Sorry, no way is that an eco home. You can not just put a dressed up name onto a shed.

Daniel, 37, and Lora, 32, built the two-bedroom wooden cabin in their field in Carharrack in 2009 on a three-quarters of an acre site they bought to live a self-sufficient life.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2474874/Daniel-Lora-Newman-ordered-tear-home-built-permission.html#ixzz2ilwvkjku

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

surely they should have checked when they bought the land if they would get planning permission?

• Like 1