Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Grim Reaper caught on cam

seeder

How would you react if you saw the symbol of death heading in your direction?

Joggers and walkers in Louisville, Kentucky, were left running scared after a prankster spooked them with a remote-controlled skeleton. With Halloween just around the corner, American joker Tom Mabe used his squawking Flying Reaper to swoop down and stalk his victims.

‘We have had a lot of fun making this. It’s taken some work to make it happen, but it’s great fun,’ he explained. ‘It flies with the help of a remote control helicopter but you rig it up in a really brilliant way. It has to be quiet so people don’t hear it.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/24/video-flying-grim-reaper-stars-in-epic-halloween-prank-4160011/

• Like 6

"we had great fun, and then someone died of a heart attack!"

"We had great fun, until someone shot the prop, AND US!"

• Like 3

I saw this earlier and in the spirit of the whole thing, thought it was funny as hades. Upon some reflection I didn't think it so funny given some scenarios.

Bet it would make a great prop for outdoor commercial haunts- these guys could make a killing. And I seriously want one for my yard :)

• Like 1

I saw this earlier and in the spirit of the whole thing, thought it was funny as hades. Upon some reflection I didn't think it so funny given some scenarios.

Bet it would make a great prop for outdoor commercial haunts- these guys could make a killing. And I seriously want one for my yard :)

Check this one :lol: Thats perhaps just traumatised those kids for life.. My nephew still remembers a robot gorilla shaking bars in a spooky themed walk thru 'fairground' ghost house.. scaring him silly and getting under my jacket for protection..20 years ago!

[media=]

[/media] Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

I'm surprised there are not laws governing pranks like this (not that I am in favor of yet more laws). As stated before you could cause a heart attack, or have someone run in panic in front of a car, etcetera. Wait until a hungry lawyer gets a hold of this, that prank could get very expensive!

A decade ago this would have been described as a remarkably novel act, but now a litigious act .. trick or treat or trial. Yet, the daylight event, proximity to halloween, and the stereotypical skull mask make this an obvious trick. Might have been disarming and funny too, if it dropped a few treats as it passed by.

Would of been better if he done it at night time or at like 5am when people go for a jog, imagine just jogging through a park at 5am when its pitch black and that's behind you, I don't care how hard you think you are, you would shiz yourself lol

• Like 1

I seriously don't understand what people could get so up in arms about. Its bloody October! This kind of thing should be expected. Of course there is the extremely off chance of something happening, but lets face it, the only point in time with no risk is death.

• Like 2

That's great! I love it.

• Like 1

Any connection between this man and the Flying Humanoids phenomenon?

I think he might be the same Tom Mabe(not sure though) that does hilarious pranks on telemarketers. It's on YouTube.

• Like 1

I think he might be the same Tom Mabe(not sure though) that does hilarious pranks on telemarketers. It's on YouTube.

Same guy, He is also a regular on the BoB and Tom radio program.
  • Like 2

Same guy, He is also a regular on the BoB and Tom radio program.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4

My first instinct would be to swat it with my shoe... maybe punch it or start throwing karate chops. Basically to kill it. lol

• Like 1

Even something like this would scare some people to death these days.

• Like 2

If this came towards me i'd either hug it or pull of its costume :)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!! :D ...seriously, that's one of the funniest gimmicks i've seen for some time! if only the video came with a "how-to..."

• Like 2

[media=]

[/media]

He would also do a bit called Telemarketers Revenge that was funny as hell also. That's the best way to handle these pricks when they call and waste your time, Incredibly funny stuff.
  • Like 3

My first instinct would be to swat it with my shoe... maybe punch it or start throwing karate chops. Basically to kill it. lol

Just think give it a Norm MacDonald voice and you could be in a real-life Family Guy episode!!!!!!
  • Like 2

That s awesome. They need to fly it around a retirement home.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I'm gonna say this, but in the spirit of Halloween...

318,432,568spooky636,865,136me