Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare phone operator fired

supervike

http://news.yahoo.co...-010931794.html

I don't really care for Sean Hannity's brand of politics. While I don't disagree with everything he says, I do disagree with the one sided viewpoint he has.

However, Hannity did the right thing here, and offered some serious compensation. So, he deserves some kudos here. He felt that he caused the trouble, took responsibilty and tried to fix it. It's too bad this firm didn't decide to just slap the gal with a reprimand.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 2

I don't really care for Sean Hannity's brand of politics. While I don't disagree with everything he says, I do disagree with the one sided viewpoint he has.

However, Hannity did the right thing here, and offered some serious compensation. So, he deserves some kudos here. He felt that he caused the trouble, took responsibilty and tried to fix it. It's too bad this firm didn't decide to just slap the gal with a reprimand.

Yeah, was watching that interview when he first spoke to Davis, the customer service operator.

My first thought was "she's going to get fired for not directing him to PR representatives".

Good for Hannity to take responsibility.

• Like 2

But wait, didn't the President tell people to call the 1-800 number if they had questions?

So now I'm concerned that if I call and ask questions I might get someone fired.

• Like 1

Apparently...Don't ask, Don't tell...has morphed itself into the Mode of Operations for ObamaScare...

• Like 1

What a joke! After all of obama's and his administrations f-ups (IRS targeting, Bengazi cover up, Fast and Furious scam, obamascare disaster just to name a few) without anyone at all being held accountable or even reprimanded, they fire a working person who was just trying to be honest, helpful and do her job the best she could.

Sadly all I can do is shake my head and try not to think of the knot in my belly caused by paying attention to obama's reign of tyranny.

And if you don't agree that thats what it is, then IMO you just don't pay enough attention or you just don't care.

• Like 4

You people realize that Obama did not fire this person.

The contracting company did so.

It was apparently a violation for this gal to speak to the media concerning their work, as LOTS of companies prohibit employees from doing. Mine does as well.

Obama didn't take a personal interest in this and have that gal booted.....but I suppose any chance to throw crap is what lots of people live for. A sad but true fact of life.

• Like 3

Here is the Video / Audio.

BTW, her name is Earline Davis.

Sean Hannity gave her $26,000 Tax Free and a new job.

It was apparently a violation for this gal to speak to the media concerning their work, as LOTS of companies prohibit employees from doing. Mine does as well.

Obama didn't take a personal interest in this and have that gal booted.....but I suppose any chance to throw crap is what lots of people live for. A sad but true fact of life.

But didn't Obama say recently that these guys aren't "real" journalists?

So are they "the media" or not?

Possible Wrongful Termination Suit ?

Good News : Hannity Gave Earline Davis $26,000 Tax Free and a job.

The media and journalism have very little do to with each other, but yeah, I see your point!

What exactly is wrong with throwing crap at a bald faced liar? You can keep the insurance you already have...LIE You can keep the doctor you have had...LIE A YouTube movie is responsible for the attacks in Bengazi...LIE and on and on and on...ready aim CRAP @ Obama

• Like 2

Possible Wrongful Termination Suit ?

Good News : Hannity Gave Earline Davis $26,000 Tax Free and a job.

If Hannity gave her a job, why'd he give her $26,000?

In case he wasn't able to give her a job or find her a job. He promised to pay her a year's salary tax free regardless and he stayed true to his word.

Hannity is a Millionaire. The IRS Tax Code allows a maximum amount of $14,000 Gift --- Tax Free as of June 2013.

He gave a $13,000 gift check to her and a $13,000 gift check to her son after consulting his accountant. :tu:

BTW, the job offer is to be a phone call screener at the local Fox News affiliate TV Station in Florida. :clap:

During this entire ObamaCare Debacle, the only person fired was ObamaCare Operator Earline Davis !

She talked to Sean Hannity.

When ObamaCare fires you HannityCare takes over.

I think Earline Davis ALSO got paid a fee for just appearing on his show - Hannity -.

She is a celebrity now!

I like how she called this whole episode a "Blessing from God." :tu:

• Like 1

A construction worker at a power house I was working at a decade or so back met a new paper reporter in a bar. He mentioned how his company was bouncing checks and how crappy it was to work there and was more than willing to give an interview about it.

The next day, the paper came out and in the article nothing was mentioned about his company or the bounced checks or anything of that nature. What was mentioned was the fact that the power plant was delayed by a few months because a feedwater pump was damaged because of a lightning strike and human error.

No big deal, eh?

Well, unfortunately it was. My company was there doing a 2 million dollar repair on said pump system and the power plant was paying for it with an insurance claim. An insurance claim that is invalid if it is due to human error......

Needless to say, the owners of the power plant were severely displeased at said individual.

But, basically, situations like this is why company's have a policy that fires employees for talking to media without authorization. This gal is just lucky that Hannity took care of her afterwards. The poor construction worker got nothing from the newpaper reporter except a bad reputation that hurt his employability till the day he died.

A construction worker at a power house I was working at a decade or so back met a new paper reporter in a bar. He mentioned how his company was bouncing checks and how crappy it was to work there and was more than willing to give an interview about it.

The next day, the paper came out and in the article nothing was mentioned about his company or the bounced checks or anything of that nature. What was mentioned was the fact that the power plant was delayed by a few months because a feedwater pump was damaged because of a lightning strike and human error.

No big deal, eh?

Well, unfortunately it was. My company was there doing a 2 million dollar repair on said pump system and the power plant was paying for it with an insurance claim. An insurance claim that is invalid if it is due to human error......

Needless to say, the owners of the power plant were severely displeased at said individual.

But, basically, situations like this is why company's have a policy that fires employees for talking to media without authorization. This gal is just lucky that Hannity took care of her afterwards. The poor construction worker got nothing from the newpaper reporter except a bad reputation that hurt his employability till the day he died.

In all actuality they were attempting to commit insurance fraud. No reason to be mad at that worker unless that is what they were attempting.

It really was a lightning strike however. It burnt out the feedwater pump and damaged the whole system before the operators could shut it off. His comments were misconstrued ("Lightning hit the pump and they were too dumb to shut it off in time.") by the reporter as human error and that it how it was reported. Further all the information he had about the incident was second-hand construction worker gossip. His company wasn't even involved in the repair of that system. But because of his beef with his company and his first amendment rights, he felt it within his power to give the reporter at the bar the interview.

The worst part about it was that he told everyone that he did the interview and that they should read the paper the following day. He was "disappointed" to put it mildly when he read paper the next day and saw that the article had nothing to do with his beefs at all.

I agree, good on Hannity for doing right by the lady.

I wonder if it was David Letterman, or Alec Baldwin, or George Cloony, or Bill Maher, calling, if she would have been fired, or if it would be considered a PR victory?

• Like 1

It really was a lightning strike however. It burnt out the feedwater pump and damaged the whole system before the operators could shut it off. His comments were misconstrued ("Lightning hit the pump and they were too dumb to shut it off in time.") by the reporter as human error and that it how it was reported. Further all the information he had about the incident was second-hand construction worker gossip. His company wasn't even involved in the repair of that system. But because of his beef with his company and his first amendment rights, he felt it within his power to give the reporter at the bar the interview.

The worst part about it was that he told everyone that he did the interview and that they should read the paper the following day. He was "disappointed" to put it mildly when he read paper the next day and saw that the article had nothing to do with his beefs at all.

The difference here though is huge. She wasn't bad mouthing her company...she was answering questions about ObamaCare...NOT about her company per se. She didn't even bad mouth ObamaCare ....she just answered questions. Last time I checked...the Constitution still had that little Freedom of Speech thing in there...anyway...screw Obama and his 'care'. Besides all that ...Hannity isn't a liar and neither is this chick...but Obama is the King of Liars...I mean...he even makes Clinton look like an amatuer.

The difference here though is huge. She wasn't bad mouthing her company...she was answering questions about ObamaCare...NOT about her company per se. She didn't even bad mouth ObamaCare ....she just answered questions. Last time I checked...the Constitution still had that little Freedom of Speech thing in there...anyway...screw Obama and his 'care'. Besides all that ...Hannity isn't a liar and neither is this chick...but Obama is the King of Liars...I mean...he even makes Clinton look like an amatuer.

Although I mostly agree with you, I want you to understand something very clear.

Davis was at the time employees with a contractor that was hired by Obamacare. She is an employee, thus a representative of the company she works for including the contractor "obamacare".

Her opinions may not reflect the same opinions of the company she works for, therefore she shouldn't have been knowingly talking to Hannity on the radio.

There is a reason why any place of employment advises all employees to direct news/media to a public relations agent or someone in the company who is able to speak publicly on the behalf of the employer.

She violated that. Fortunately, Hannity more than made up for it, even though he did nothing wrong and clearly told her who he was and she was on air on his radio talk show.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence. When I told him talking to the reporter was a bad idea, he pretty much said the same thing about the constitution and free speech as you did, Joc. Almost word for word. The next day, the construction worker's reputation was so badly damaged because of this incident that he only worked three projects, since. And during the last project he was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away shortly after.