Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Bad were Things Before Obama?

Yamato

*Due to an outbreak of republicans, I have to spray this room down*

I have to ask this question because I don't think any of you republicans have a clue. We're so myopic. Everything is Obama this and Obama that. What were the Republicans saying about our health care system in the years leading up to where we are now? That it was imperative we got the drugs to the old people. It was a "Just Say Yes" to drugs campaign. And they won a lot of votes for it too from the 50+ year-old bloc. And then proceeded to spend the money and make government even bigger, supervising the greatest growth in the US federal government since Lyndon Johnson.

Republicans, the problems only began to you when Obama became President. "LMAO" says Merc14, when he hears an amount like a hundred trillion dollars. The only thing you have to complain about is "Obamacare" when everything else Obama is doing was either started by you or handed off to you already. Obamacare is the only obvious partisan red meat available to play with right now because it's a predominantly democrat/Obama-supported law. And that's the reason why you republicans care. Kicking Obama and his policies out of office is the end of your rainbow.

I'd rather save the future of America from becoming a very dark and shameful place. Unfortunately, saving this republic can't be done by following the partisan peanuts carefully chosen for me to consume by the media and blogosphere.

Republicans and Democrats: Obama IS wrong to push this insurance-by-force, this latest growth of federal health care that already couldn't afford itself, and the reason he's wrong is because you're wrong. You paved the road that Obama is driving down. Puppet Obama is way, way down on the list of names to blame for the health care crisis we face in this country.

So what's the answer to the question? How bad were things before Obama?

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Yamato
  • Like 7

This will go down in the history books as accidental. .. human evolution. ...BS.... it will go down as a robbery.

• Like 3

Yamato: "a hundred trillion dollars"

Merc14: "LMFAO!"

US unfunded liabilities now stand at $126 trillion dollars, Merc. The numbers get ahead of me, they're growing so fast. They're obviously way ahead of you.

Medicare liability is now over $87.5 trillion.

Back in the olden days before prescription drugs became an entitlement, the mighty republicans warded off Hillarycare in the 1990s, to do what? To come up with their own pile of health care garbage, and run it through on us!

So we have to give very special thanks and consideration to our illustrious Republicans of 2001 for slapping another $22 trillion monstrosity onto the thighs of America.

87.5 + 22 = ______

It equals $126 trillion minus Social Security.

We have no political chance of ever paying the US national debt owed by the public. Numbers this big? Puleez.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Youre right we're basically enslaved as a nation to the Federal Reserve. It kills me how people still buy the left right paradigm. Its become blatantly obvious that our elected leaders have been bought by "special interests" and there is no way to change the system. YET people still scream at each other as if the political party of their choice gives them some moral superiority.

• Like 7

I think it's time we dump both parties and have real reform.

I really wish there was real hope in breaking the gridlock and the stranglehold both parties have put us into....But, we as a society seem more worried about if it's 'our guy' in office. It is just a sport to spectate at. As long as our team is winning the game, we love it.

That has to change.

• Like 8

According to what I heard on fox this week if we limit our spending growth to 2% a year we would have a balanced budget in three years. But the demos would call that a cut and reps. wanting to starve children.

As for obamacare at best it will destroy hs nation in ten years.

• Like 1

According to what I heard on fox this week if we limit our spending growth to 2% a year we would have a balanced budget in three years. But the demos would call that a cut and reps. wanting to starve children.

As for obamacare at best it will destroy hs nation in ten years.

You've missed the entire point of this thread.

• Like 1

Youre right we're basically enslaved as a nation to the Federal Reserve. It kills me how people still buy the left right paradigm. Its become blatantly obvious that our elected leaders have been bought by "special interests" and there is no way to change the system. YET people still scream at each other as if the political party of their choice gives them some moral superiority.

The ObamaCare Transformation is beginning to crumble and lose credibility. Democrat Kirsten Powers has seen the light.

Apparently I need more subtle bait to hook Merc14 through the gums. His silence is deafening too; facts this big don't suit his partisan agenda and that's exactly why I brought him up. He needs to come out of his comfort zone before he starts to figure out there is no partisan shaped solution to our real problem in this country. Back to whining about a website he goes.

Apparently I need more subtle bait to hook Merc14 through the gums. His silence is deafening too; facts this big don't suit his partisan agenda and that's exactly why I brought him up. He needs to come out of his comfort zone before he starts to figure out there is no partisan shaped solution to our real problem in this country. Back to whining about a website he goes.

That's very true, the two sides fight over everything now and accomplish nothing. I say let the citezebs vote on every issue pertaining to themselves and take the politicians out of it. They will still be there, but for issues such as abortion, healthcare, or gun rights etc, should be left for the people to vote on. Politicians have their own personal beliefs which come into play when laws get voted on. That is unfair, and it's representing yourself at that point and not the people. Sure they may agree with some, but a politicians personal beliefs should be completely irrelevant.

• Like 1

That's very true, the two sides fight over everything now and accomplish nothing. I say let the citezebs vote on every issue pertaining to themselves and take the politicians out of it. They will still be there, but for issues such as abortion, healthcare, or gun rights etc, should be left for the people to vote on. Politicians have their own personal beliefs which come into play when laws get voted on. That is unfair, and it's representing yourself at that point and not the people. Sure they may agree with some, but a politicians personal beliefs should be completely irrelevant.

I wish they could. As we know, as soon as Sarah Palin had a "special needs child", she started handing out special needs campaign candies to her prospective voters. Suddenly that deserved federal treatment as soon as she got afflicted with it herself. I thought that was tacky and in poor taste. But it is through our politicians' personal beliefs that policies are set and laws are made. What you're asking for here is a lot more radical than you might think.

The ObamaCare Transformation is beginning to crumble and lose credibility. Democrat Kirsten Powers has seen the light.

Yeah the words "Order out of Chaos" might be old school conspiracy theory wacko stuff but damn its hard not to think this whole fiasco is being manipulated for some goal.

• Like 2

Yeah the words "Order out of Chaos" might be old school conspiracy theory wacko stuff but damn its hard not to think this whole fiasco is being manipulated for some goal.

Goal : Create an environment where the American people will grab on to the Canadian Public Option

Carrot and Stick - " If you say yes, then the 30 hour a week ObamaCare Requirement disappears!"

"What do ya say America? Yes or No ?"

"BTW, the Single Payer System is really easy to understand and FREE !!!"

• Like 3

We still have one option, it is spelt out in the decleration of independents. When a government no longer holds the people in high regard said people have the right to change that government, by what ever means needed.

• Like 4

Thinking that repealing Obamacare is the end-all of our health care crisis, and dragging in a tidal wave of partisan talking points to that end, isn't going to change anything much less the govt. The inconvenient truth is, the prescription drug liability which began in 2001 is now bigger than Social Security started by FDR in the 1930s. Little wonder why republicans are avoiding this thread like the plague. It is the plague. It's the republicans.

When democrats are this stupid, republicans have some kind of presumption of innocence, an entitlement complex to a righteousness they don't deserve. Their myopia of their own problems they've created prove themselves incompetent and incapable of solving the one great problem this country faces.

• Like 2

Thinking that repealing Obamacare is the end-all of our health care crisis, and dragging in a tidal wave of partisan talking points to that end, isn't going to change anything much less the govt. The inconvenient truth is, the prescription drug liability which began in 2001 is now bigger than Social Security started by FDR in the 1930s. Little wonder why republicans are avoiding this thread like the plague. It is the plague. It's the republicans.

When democrats are this stupid, republicans have some kind of presumption of innocence, an entitlement complex to a righteousness they don't deserve. Their myopia of their own problems they've created prove themselves incompetent and incapable of solving the one great problem this country faces.

Obamacare is the symptom, not the disease that has infested America....The Republicans and the Democrats both have gotten us into the debt problem we have now. One example of our out of control spending problem, is the new F-35 Lightning 2 which just completed its first bombing exercise a few days ago....

The cost of each next-generation F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) aircraft has ballooned from $50 million per craft in 2001 to more than $113 million in 2010.

Link: http://www.dailytech.com/F35+Lightning+II+Cost+has+Doubled+F136+Engine+Completes+Afterburner+Test/article17944.htm

Now, why do we need new jet fighters? Really? :(

• Like 3

Obamacare is the symptom, not the disease that has infested America...

It's another symptom of the disease that's a great way to put it.

• Like 2

Obamacare is the symptom, not the disease that has infested America....The Republicans and the Democrats both have gotten us into the debt problem we have now. One example of our out of control spending problem, is the new F-35 Lightning 2 which just completed its first bombing exercise a few days ago....

Link: http://www.dailytech.com/F35+Lightning+II+Cost+has+Doubled+F136+Engine+Completes+Afterburner+Test/article17944.htm

Now, why do we need new jet fighters? Really? :(

Mainly because our current ones needed to be replaced ten years ago.

But, I agree while we are in recession we shouldn't be buying anything.

As I keep saying you don't get out of a recession by having the government spend.

• Like 3

We still have one option, it is spelt out in the decleration of independents. When a government no longer holds the people in high regard said people have the right to change that government, by what ever means needed.

Yeah, we'd all just be killed.

Mainly because our current ones needed to be replaced ten years ago.

But, I agree while we are in recession we shouldn't be buying anything.

As I keep saying you don't get out of a recession by having the government spend.

Sometimes the best way to move forward is by stepping two steps back first.

• Like 1

What were the Republicans saying about our health care system in the years leading up to where we are now? That it was imperative we got the drugs to the old people. It was a "Just Say Yes" to drugs campaign. And they won a lot of votes for it too from the 50+ year-old bloc. And then proceeded to spend the money and make government even bigger, supervising the greatest growth in the US federal government since Lyndon Johnson.

And is generally considered to be a disaster by most Republicans (Especially Tea Party Republicans) and by most Democrats.

US unfunded liabilities now stand at $126 trillion dollars, Merc. The numbers get ahead of me, they're growing so fast. They're obviously way ahead of you.

Link please? Perhaps you are going over a 100 year span?

Medicare liability is now over $87.5 trillion.

87.5 + 22 = ______

It equals $126 trillion minus Social Security.

We have no political chance of ever paying the US national debt owed by the public. Numbers this big? Puleez.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I think you're going to need a better link then the Debt Clock. Debt clocks says Medicare is at 800 billion, not even a trillion.

This says 40 Trillion in unfunded over the next 75 years...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/medicare-faces-unfunded-liability-386t-or-328404-each-us-household

And the link says that those numbers will reflect 4% of the GDP.

So, you think paying/cutting back 4% of the GDP is impossible???

Debt clocks says Medicare is at 800 billion, not even a trillion.

No it doesn't. Medicare is at $87.5 trillion like I said.

The growth rate of Medicare liability is accelerating. We have gone exponential so links like yours that are frozen in time from 18 months ago are obviously not going to be correct today.

• Like 1

So, you think paying/cutting back 4% of the GDP is impossible???

Do you think making the US taxpayers pay off the $17 trillion national debt is possible? How? We're not paying that back dude. We're flat ****g broke. We can't afford to pay for the crap we've bought already.

You think that "debt ceiling" partisan political nonsense means a thing? There is no debt ceiling because these crooks will keep piling up the debt as long as they can borrow and not a day earlier. We are at the MERCY of the world to keep lending us money. The only ceiling we need worry about is the lending ceiling, and once we hit that, this party full of fat liberals and greasy conservatives is coming to an end.

• Like 1