Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you like your plan, you can keep it - NOPE

Rafterman

Seems like this whole house of cards that is Obamacare was built on nothing more than lies, spin, and broken promises.

From CBS Evening News:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57609224/arrival-of-obamacare-forcing-insurers-to-drop-customers-with-low-coverage/

The Affordable Care Act was signed by President Obama in 2010 and since then he has repeated one reassuring phrase: "If you like your insurance plan you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you. It hasn't happened yet. It won't happen in the future."

But it is happening. The president's health care law raises the standards for insurance policies, which many consider to be a good thing. But hundreds of thousands of Americans whose policies don't meet the new standards are being told that their health plans are being cancelled.

"I was completely happy with the insurance I had before," Willes said.

So she was surprised when she tried to renew her policy. What did she find out?

"That my insurance was going to be completely different, and they were going to be replaced with 10 new plans that were going to fall under the regulations of the Affordable Care Act," she said.

Her insurer, Kaiser Permanente, is terminating policies for 160,000 people in California and presenting them with new plans that comply with the healthcare law.

"Before I had a plan that I had a $1,500 deductible," she said. "I paid $199 dollars a month. The most similar plan that I would have available to me would be $278 a month. My deductible would be $6,500 dollars, and all of my care after that point would only be covered 70 percent."

• Like 3

American people across the nation are getting their policies terminated.

Then they get hit with - sticker shock -.

----------

You see that's why the ObamaCare Website asks for your vital information 1st.

If people browse and see the premiums, they flee the website.

----------

People who call the 1 -800 # are told to go back to the DEAD Website.

post-142056-0-64082900-1382711667_thumb.

I have a Taft-Hartley plan through my Union. We were looking at ways to take that money and see about using the health exchanges for cheaper rates but found out that we were unable to. One idea was possibly putting it into a health savings account and letting members shop around. So for us Obamacare will mean that we will definitely keep our plan, whether we want to or not. It's not a bad plan overall and is considered a "Cadillac" plan, but a little overkill for a healthy single guy making 12$ an hour.