Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Birth Mark

Dreamer

Hello,

This is my first post here. I was curious if anyone on this forum had any knowledge on birthmark lore, and perhaps what symbols a birthmark could mean. I have a rather unique birthmark on my neck. Is is in the shape of a perfect 7 only backwards. So when I look in a mirror, it looks like a normal 7. It starts at the top of my neck and runs down all the way to the bottom of my neck. The reason that I ask is that a long long time ago, one of my grandmother's friends told me a story about birth marks meaning something, and that a backwards 7 was a special symbol. I was trying to remember what it could mean. If anyone else has an interesting birthmark, or story about one, I would be happy to hear it. happy.gif

I have one its above my lip it looks like a hole i did research on it and i found i antenint pharaoh had one JUST LIKE MINE

Edited by the duel master

Birthmarks quite often are something like pigment distributed unevenly. It happens in nature all the time, that random things like this form some shapes that we regonize and we're fooled to think it means something "supernatural".

Nevertheless I'm one of these fools who thinks that just because something has a natural explanation, doesn't exclude the possibility that it means something more too.

Seven backwards, I don't know. Maybe it means more that you see it the right way, when you look at the mirror. 7 is a lucky and magical number in more than one culuture, and over all considered as something good.

Have you heard about the prophecies that make themselves true? Believing that the birthmark makes you lucky and succesful might be what it takes to make you lucky and succesful grin2.gif

Here are a few examples of the number seven that I could find on the web.

Religious Significance

The number seven is a key symbol in many Muslim cultural productions, both secular and religious, including art, architecture, folklore, literature, and ritual practices. There are approximately twenty-five references made to the number seven in the Qur'an the sacred text of Muslims. These references usually concern the seven heavens, the seven periods of creation, seven groups of things, or seven individuals, such as the Seven Sleepers of Ephesus. An allusion made to the number seven in the Qur'an typically includes references to God as the all-powerful creator. Thus, the number seven is directly linked to the power of the divine and has great symbolic value as an expression of Muslim belief and the miracles of God.

Comparisons to Other Religions

The importance of the number seven can be seen in numerous cultural and religious traditions worldwide, such as the near-ubiquitous seven-day week which comes from the ancient Near East and has been spread throughout the world by the three Abrahamic religions.. In Judaism and Christianity, there are the seven days of creation, and in Christianity seven deadly sins and seven cardinal virtues. In Judaism, the Sabbath, or seventh day of the week, is considered a sacred day, and seven is also a key number in Jewish mysticism. The number seven is also important for Zoroastrians because it is seen as the perfect union between man and woman and the spiritual and material (the number three in reference to the masculine tri-part spiritual-soul, body, mind-and the number four in reference to the feminine material elements--earth, air, fire and water).

Seven corresponds to the seven days of the week, the seven planets, seven rungs of perfection, seven spheres of celestial stairs, the seven petals of the rose, the seven branches of the shaman's cosmic tree and so on. Seven denotes the fullness of the planetary orders, the fullness of the energies and principles in spiritual order. Seven was the Ancient Egyptian symbol of eternal life, and symbolizes the dynamic perfection of a completed cycle. Seven conveys the fresh start after a cycle has been completed and of positive regeneration. Seven occurs in countless Ancient Greek traditions and legends-the seven gates of Thebes, Niobe's seven sons and seven daughters, the seven strings of the lyre, the seven spheres, etc. There are seven emblems of the Buddha and seven primary chakras in the subtle energy system.

The Number 7

Another number which I believe is widely misinterpreted is the number seven. Many Theologians say that the number seven illustrates perfection. I have studied this conclusion and I must say that I fail to find sufficient biblical justification for this interpretation. If anyone knows of any sound Biblical explanation, I'd be delighted to read about it, but I have received no strong Biblical references concerning it.

While it is true that perfection can be represented in completeness (1st Corinthians 13:9-10), it is not consistently represented that way. I believe it is the other way around. When the completion is come, then that which is in part (partial knowledge and prophecy) will be done away with. In other words, the number seven rather than representing the perfection is often numerical symbology illustrating the 'totality or completeness' of whatever is in view. It is the 'all inclusiveness' of a thing. For example, the seven Churches of Asia (Revelation 1-3) represent the 'totality' of God's congregations (nothing to do with dispensationalism). This can be clearly seen as God says Christ stands in the midst of the seven candlesticks. This signifies that Christ stands in the midst of all Churches 'which are represented by these seven Churches' of Asia. Likewise, they are called seven golden candlesticks signifying that they are to be what the Old Testament called the [tamiyd], the 'Continual' or the 'Daily.' They are to be the light of the world shinning continually. This can also be seen in the seven stars of the seven candlesticks (Churches) which are the seven messengers of the Churches, and they are in God's right hand. These are all the messengers of the Churches whom God holds securely and who do His will (the right hand). The truth is, when God talks to these seven Churches, He is not talking to just those, He is talking to all believers and to all Churches. The totality of them which spans throughout time. We today are part of the seven (totality) Churches to whom God gives these warnings and encouragements.

Revelation 2:7

• "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the Churches: To Him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of Life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

God is talking to us, and that is why these things found themselves recorded on pages to become scripture. To think that these messages were only to the seven Churches of that literal place in asia is foolish. They are directed to 'he who hath an ear to hear.' That is all true believers. The totality or complete Church throughout time. And the number seven signifies this totality. It is a Blessing to the faithful Church, and a warning to the unfaithful church. Overcome, and live, forsake God, and He will remove your Candlestick out of it's place. The seven Churches of Asia stand to represent all the Churches. The complete Church from then until our day.

Another place to see this symbolism is in the episode of the seven baskets full of fragments that was taken up when Jesus did His miracles.

Matthew 15:37

• "And they did eat, and were filled, and they took up of the broken that was left, seven baskets full."

This is not the perfection of baskets taken up, it is the totality of baskets taken up. The number seven illustrates that these baskets were 'completely' full. Upon careful consideration of the example it illustrates there was still enough left over for the totality of all who are to eat of the leftover crumbs of bread. The baskets left were still totally full. Sufficient to the task. This of course is the spiritual 'signification' that there is enough crumbs left over for the Gentiles also. Remember the parable of the dogs eating the crumbs from their master's table?

Mark 7:28

• "And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs".

..it is enough! The crumbs from the children's (Jews) table is enough to feed the 'totality' of the dogs (gentiles) who come after. The seven baskets of crumbs signify that totality. i.e., the miracle of Christ feeding Israel was both enough for them, and enough crumbs left over for the totality of those Gentiles who would eat the leftovers. It would feed both the First, and the Last. This is just part of the magnificient spiritual pictures that God incorporates into His Holy Word. The number seven signified the completeness of what is being spoken about.

Likewise, we can see the exact same application of the number seven in the opposite of Christ. As in the totality of authority in the kingdom of Satan. This is illustrated in the seven heads of the dragon as revealed in Revelation chapter twelve.

Revelation 12:3

• "And there appeared another Wonder in Heaven, and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads."

The seven heads are seven mountains (revelation 17:9) which are symbolic of kingdoms. Seven equals the totality of authority (heads) of this dragon and of his rule throught time. The crowns signify that it is a kingdom, and the seven his complere rule throughout time in it. Thus we see in this symbolism a picture of the totality of the dragon's (satan's) rule. That is why it says (revelation 17:10) that five of the heads of this beast had already fallen at the time of the writing of Revelation. Those rules of Satan were over. It said, one is, and one is yet to come, and there was a final 8th (which was part of the seven). i.e., it's part of 'this totality,' and he would rule a short time near the end of the world when Satan is loosed. The Seven illustrates the totality of the time of rule of this beast. God uses this number in this way to show us certain Spiritual truths. It's not the perfection of Satan, but illustrates the totality of his authority (heads) and rule. He is the prince of the power of the air. When the seventh king falls, that will be the end of him, the finish of the totality of his rule and authority.

Related to this is the ten horns of this Beast that signifies a rule for 'a short time.' The number ten here illustrates the fullness of time while not being the complete (totality of) time (more on this in the study of the number 10). So we see seven as the totality of his time, and the number ten as a short period he reign in within the totality. The very context and content of Revelation Chapter seventeen also confirms this. As the ten kings had received no kingdom as yet, but would reign later, one hour with this beast.

Earlier in this number study we looked at the number six and we saw that it was the number of work. In looking at that number we also saw that the number seven was the Sabbath of rest. Even in that, we see that number 'clearly' illustrated as the totality of the week. It signified the completeness of time as it relates to coming to the Sabbath of Rest. Seven is the complete (finished) week. This is the same principle with this number.

The whole Bible is replete with the numerical symbology of the number seven. There were seven seals to the book that is opened by the Lamb, which were indicating that it is completely or totally secure in these seals. No one could open it but God. Likewise, the seven trumpets are indicating the totality of God's judgments. From start to finish, when we reach seven, it is finished. Or in the seven vials which are the totality of the Wrath of God that is to be poured out upon the earth. All these things show this spiritual signification of the number. Even when Mary Magdalene was healed:

luke 8:2

• "And certain woman, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called magdalene, out of whom went Seven Devils."

Mark 16:9

• "Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, He appeared unto mary Magdalene, out of whom went Seven devils."

Jesus cast out of her seven devils to signify the totality of the rule of Satan in her. When we are saved, we are made free from Satan where he no longer has rule over us. The number seven signified the total removal of Satan from within her, and now God would make His abode there. And what agreement has the Temple of God with the temple of idols? None. Satan is totally cast out. The Number seven illustrates his total rule in the unsaved. But by Grace of God he is totally cast out when we become Saved.

Leviticus 4:6

• "And the priest shall dip his finger in the blood, and sprinkle of the blood seven times before the Lord, before the veil of the sanctuary".

There we see that the blood was to be sprinkled seven times, which signifies that the person is 'totally' forgiven and made completely clean. Likewise:

Matthew 18:22

• "Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven".

In these verses God is illustrating that the number of times we should forgive someone is 'seventy times seven.' In other words, we are not to forgive just some sins, or even literally four hundred and ninety sins (70x7), but by the use of seven it is illustrating that we must forgive in totality. We must have complete forgiveness as often as we are sinned against, just as Christ has forgiven 'all' our sins. Seven is multiplied by seventy (10x7) to emphasize total fulness and bring home the point that we must love as we are loved, unconditionally. As Christ continues to forgive us all our transgressions, so we are likewise to forgive in 'totality.'

Another example is in Revelation, where the Holy Spirit of God is signified by 'Seven spirits, and seven eyes.'

Revelation 3:1

• "And unto the Angel of the Church at Sardis write, these things saith He that hath the Seven Spirits of God, and the Seven stars; I know thy Works, that thou hast a name which thou liveth, and art dead."

Revelation 4:5

• "And out of the Throne proceedeth lightnings and Thunderings and voices; and there were Seven lamps of fire burning before the Throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."

Revelation 5:6

• "And I beheld, and lo in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures,, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having Seven Horns, and Seven Eyes, which are the Seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

Horns in scripture 'Signify' Power. As you can see in Revelation chapter seventeen, the ten horns that were on the Beast weresaid to be ten kings which had received no power (when it was written) but would receive power to rule with the beast. i.e., Kings symbolize Rule, and Horns symbolize Power (horns of an animal are a figure of his power). Likewise, these horns here in Revelation chapter five signify God's Power. Unlike Satan's rule in power, God's rule in power is omnipotent. The seven horns signify the 'totality' of his rule and power, and the seven eyes illustrate the 'totality' of the watch of the Holy Spirit. Eyes equate to seeing/knowing. There is one Holy Spirit, but the number seven here is numeric symbolism illustrating His presence over the totality of the world. And the same application with the Seven eyes. It illustrates his 'total' watch over the earth where He sees all. The Holy Spirit of God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent. The number seven illustrates the magnificent totality of this.

(7 horns - Omnipotent) The totality of His Power!

(7 spirits - Omnipresent) He is all (totality) Everywhere!

(7 eyes - Omniscient) He is all (totality) knowing/seeing!

Psalms 12:6

• "The Words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified Seven Times."

Seven times illustrates 'complete' Purity. In other words, there is no impurities found God's word anywhere. Total infallibility of the Word. The spiritual significations of the number seven are seen all throughout scripture.

Revelation 5:1

• "And I saw in the right hand of Him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with Seven Seals."

This book was sealed totally so that none could open it but God. The number seven again signifying this total sealing.

Revelation 10:3

• "and He cried with a loud voice, as when a Lion Roareth, and when He cried Seven thunders uttered their voices."

Seven thunders signifies the totality of God's voice. His Word will be complete, finished. The mystery is over. When that which is complete or perfect is come, we will then know, even as we are known. We see the same principle as it speaks of the seventh trumpet sounding. It's the 'last' trumpet, the 'totality' of the trumpets accomplished.

Revelation 10:7

• "but in the days of the voice of the Seventh Angel, when He shall begin to sound, the Mystery of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the Prophets."

Again, the totality being illustrated by the number seven. It's finished, ended, all fulfilled, all complete! The Sabbath of Rest is Come. The labours in this world are over.

This is how the number seven is used in scripture to illustrate this spiritual significance. It shows us the totality of whatever is in view. This is also seen in multiples of the number such as seventy, seven hundred or seven thousand. A good example is when Jesus sent the seventy out two by two. They represented the totality of the Church. Much like the seven Churches of Asia do.

Link to information on web.

happy.gif Thanks. My grandmother is a strong believer in old lore. She was born and raised on an Indian reservation. She believes that there are power in dreams and such. She used to have another friend I remember that claimed I was a witch for my birthmark, lol. I remember she once said that it was a symbol for something. And that in dreams letters and numbers appear backwards, thus perhaps was thinking the two were connected. I don’t remember the full deal as I was so young at the time. Anyways was just thinking of such the other day, and thought it was worth posting.

7 - 1 is 6. 666 isthe number os Satan. Coincidence?????? Dreamer, are you by any chancxe Satan, or the anti christ?

Hello,

This is my first post here.  I was curious if anyone on this forum had any knowledge on birthmark lore, and perhaps what symbols a birthmark could mean.  I have a rather unique birthmark on my neck.  Is is in the shape of a perfect 7 only backwards.  So when I look in a mirror, it looks like a normal 7.  It starts at the top of my neck and runs down all the way to the bottom of my neck.  The reason that I ask is that a long long time ago, one of my grandmother's friends told me a story about birth marks meaning something, and that a backwards 7 was a special symbol.  I was trying to remember what it could mean.  If anyone else has an interesting birthmark, or story about one, I would be happy to hear it.  happy.gif

322328[/snapback]

That's a cool birthmark! Maybe it'll bring you luck!

but i went to my doctor and he said they can remove it and they did . In The hour IT WAS BACK

my mother said "how did it come back" i don't know it is the most strange thing. I cant cut it back because after operation it was only an hour!!!!!

Edited by the duel master

I forgot to answewr the question, but man Kryso wrote a lot! anyway, my inly birth mark is a spot on the back of my arm.

but i went to my doctor and he said they can remove it and they did . In The hour IT WAS BACK

my mother said "how did it come back" i don't know it is the most strange thing. I cant cut it back  because after operation it was only an hour!!!!!

323446[/snapback]

See? Even more proof that there are satanic forces behind it.

• Thanks 1

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif I have a birth mark in a blush.gif Very odd place blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

blush.gif  blush.gif  blush.gif I have a birth mark in a  blush.gif Very odd place blush.gif  blush.gif  blush.gif

333244[/snapback]

laugh.gif i have one in a very wierd place to blush.gifblush.gif

not many people seen that one laugh.giflaugh.gif

• 10 years later...

Dreamer hello?I know this post is extremely old,however I have been searching for more appeasers and for similar people who have the backwards seven on their bodies as well. I have my nightmare on my right hand. Please if anybody gets this message and has a birth mark similar.contact me at miamade1808@gmail.com with the subject title, Strange birth mark. I will be waiting .ty

I have this really weird birthmark on the right side of my right leg. Light brown in color, almost faded but still visible, and it looks like a hand mark. More like a baby hand mark. Like some baby decided to dip his hand into a light brown paint and stamped my leg with it.

• 3 years later...

I have a peculiar birthmark strange even, I didn't find it until I was 26 the funny thing is it was right in my face the whole time. Anyway it's shaped like  mizriam and all of the surrounding area.

Edited by MDNAMX
Worded wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I have a rare birthmark which appear as two hearts mirroring each other (if that makes sense) its located on my right upper thigh on the right side. I would've taken a picture but that would almost be considered pornography. I've also done research on my mark and it's the rare empath marking which I can pick up upon others emotions, detect liars and sense evil of any form (mainly anything with satanic energy I'll cry which is my way of detecting satanic energy and material). I have another which is a mole on my left upper check undernearth my eye. Which I do get compliments from others that I look like Marilyn Monroe.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I know I am 15 years late to the party, but I don't have a birthmark so I don't know anything about them.