Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK braced for severe storm and heavy rain

Commander CMG

eh? Us Brits dont know about Hurricanes? I lived thru one, and just look at the state of my patio after it was over :w00t:

That looks pretty horrendous,I've been on the fringes of 3 Hurricanes in mid Atlantic facing 60/80 ft waves,now thats scary.People in the Southern States face Hurricanes every year,they are used to it.
  • Like 1

eh? Us Brits dont know about Hurricanes? I lived thru one, and just look at the state of my patio after it was over :w00t:

Good thing your lawn chair had the good sense to crawl in under that gate.
  • Like 3

I know its all well and good to be wise after the event, but it does make me wonder why people park under - or very close to trees, in an event that has been hot media news all week previous! (Fair enough I know inner city life doesn't allow for parking where you like)

My garden actually looks tidier this morning after the great storm Than it did before, Cheers mother nature.

had to laugh the other day, I was taking me mother to the shops in the car and we saw a mid aged chap raking leaves in his quite large garden, we both looked at each other thinking, why tidy up before a storm? The leaves would have probably blown away anyway...or be blown back into the garden if he just piled them up some-place

I dunno :no:

One hell of an insurance claim there.. good luck getting that one through..

When you say patio do you mean prison yard.. why are you fenced in?

• Like 1

What storm !, a bit of wind and rain,Normal day.

Same here on the outskirts of Howarth… strong winds but no more than a bad windy day here and heavy rain..

Yep, North West windy and sunny atm... the storm will move northerly during the night. Good luck and keep safe, especially all down south.

A little windy here up north but I've been sunbathing this afternoon. Its warm here.

Same here on the outskirts of Howarth… strong winds but no more than a bad windy day here and heavy rain..

i thought you said Hogwarts lol

• Like 1

One hell of an insurance claim there.. good luck getting that one through..

When you say patio do you mean prison yard.. why are you fenced in?

hehe... not really my patio,

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Lost a couple of trees in the woodland, and a bit of flooding, but no farm buildings or stables damaged, thank goodness. Animals weren't too keen on it though! (The builders are getting a bit frustrated too!)

• Like 3

Happy to hear everyone posting in the thread made it through well. Trees are the most destructive things in a storm. From the pics in Still Water's link, there's some cleaning up to do. Lucky if the power stayed on with all those trees coming down. Looks like it hit London pretty bad.

• Like 1

Got to wonder what goes on in some peoples minds.

*Snip*

Yes, there will be storms around England, but history shows we have not been immune to bad weather, difference today is there are more houses built and it would not surprise me if the insurance companies have paid a little back hander to the met office to hype it up a bit, so if your car does get squashed by a tree, they will say:

"will not pay out because you should have moved your car to a safer place and you should have watched and listen to the warnings...which are now technically part of the small print."

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 1