Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I thought this was Spiritual?

How, I wonder, does Simon know anybody can do this?

Not everyone can run a marathon, not everyone can learn advanced math, not everyone can even drive a car. There are physical limitations on many people, and mental limitations on many more, and genetic limitations on even more. Some people will never get a perfect score on the SAT, even if they took it a thousand times and practiced constantly.

• Like 2

Interesting posts, aquatus1. I think we're more on the same page than not; if you'll forgive me, I'm only going to answer a few of your points, and not quite in the order you stated them...

Proving the existence of psi isn't the holy grail of psychic research; it's just the invitation to the party. It's the bare minimum expected.

I have to disagree with that. I think proving the existence of psi IS the holy grail of psychic research. After psi is well and truly proved, the real scientists will move in to figure out the hows and whys and wherefores.

Science isn't about proving the existence of a phenomena. Science is about explaining a particular phenomena that has already been shown to exist...Nothing is actually going to change until the workings of the phenomena are actually explained.

No, what will change is that scientists will then be trying to explain them, instead of dismissing them. That's a huge change, right there.

Showing psi to exist is only the first step, yes...but nothing is possible without it, and that first step is a doozy.

What the vast majority of pro-psychic phenomena do on this forum is try their best to establish the existence of the subject, which is great, but the thing to understand is that, having done so...just means you have finally qualified to begin actual scientific research on the subject.

See, I think that will be better handled by actual physicists, which most psi researchers...aren't.

What principle would that be?

The principle that doing something new is worthwhile for its own sake, of course. You may not have meant your argument to imply the opposite, but it did give that impression on the surface.

• Like 2

I don't think he knows how evolution works either.

I was talking about spiritual evolution, and I do know a thing or two about evolution itself too.
  • Like 2

The stock market is always there for anyone who wants to assert they have such powers. Just get yourself fabulously rich.

• Like 3

Interesting posts, aquatus1. I think we're more on the same page than not; if you'll forgive me, I'm only going to answer a few of your points, and not quite in the order you stated them...

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it's either a semantic issue or I'm just not explaining my position well enough, But overall, we are definitely on the same side of the fence.

I have to disagree with that. I think proving the existence of psi IS the holy grail of psychic research. After psi is well and truly proved, the real scientists will move in to figure out the hows and whys and wherefores.

In that case, I would have to agree with a few qualifications: The first is that it is the holy grail for non-scientists. For people who, as I mentioned earlier, see themselves as the face model of the new movement, looking pretty and performing on demand, but not really applying too much towards actual academic research.

The second is that most of these same people are under the impression that once they can perform on demand, that will be the end of skepticism directed towards psychic powers. In other words, they see skepticism as solely a force created as an opposition to their beliefs, not as an integral part past of scientific research.

No, what will change is that scientists will then be trying to explain them, instead of dismissing them. That's a huge change, right there.

Hmm...not sure if this is semantics or simply a different understanding of how research is conducted...

Here's the thing: Scientists are presented with a new phenomena. As scientist, they are driven to both validate and try to explain its behaviour. The way in which this is done is by asking as many no questions as possible. In other words, you try to find as many ways to "debunk" the new phenomena as you can, and only when you have run out of alternatives do you find yourself with an honest to goodness scientific theory. Basically, a scientific theory is the one that survived all the scrutiny.

When a scientist runs into evidence of the paranormal, he treats it pretty much the same way any other idea is treated. Questions are made, variables are presented, and alternatives are proposed. The subject of the paranormal...is not very complex. The claims also tend to be repetitive. It isn't a matter of scientists merely dismissing psychic phenomena. It is a combination of both having seen the exact same claims over and over again, and already knowing the most likely outcome, and in addition to that, even if the phenomena is taken seriously and the subject is treated the same as any other scientifically valid subject...the process by which research is done is indistinguishable from what proponents of psychic abilities (with a mad-on for science) refer to as dismissal.

Showing psi to exist is only the first step, yes...but nothing is possible without it, and that first step is a doozy.

Agree completely. My point is that most proponents believe that it is the final goal, and that once having reached it, expect no further scrutiny. Additionally, they consider the demand for evidence for a particular claim to be something like bullying, as if they were being requested to do something that other subjects are not required to do.

See, I think that will be better handled by actual physicists, which most psi researchers...aren't.

I think that was the most political way possible to summarize that particular trait.

The principle that doing something new is worthwhile for its own sake, of course. You may not have meant your argument to imply the opposite, but it did give that impression on the surface.

Hmm...I would say that while doing something new may be worthwhile for its own sake on a personal level, if your intent is to do anything with that new thing (beyond making yourself feel good for knowing something the rest of the mundanes don't) you need to make sure you don't half-ass it, or it will be a waste of both your and other people's time.

• Like 2

It falls under the catagory of "Too good to be true". Like my mama said, if it seems too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

You should contact the Church of the Jedi, they could use telekinesis in their worship services and as protectors of the Republic.

A video taken under uncontrolled conditions and posted on youtube is not "proof". It is a video that could hide just about anything.

If you follow the suggestions of myself and some of the others, you'll earm a lot more credit with the posters here.

Those videos don't hide anything! I already said that before and I'll said it again, I am not hiding anything or using any tricks to fool you. What you see is what you get.
  • Like 1

Those videos don't hide anything! I already said that before and I'll said it again, I am not hiding anything or using any tricks to fool you. What you see is what you get.

Every street magician, every stage illusionist, every Indian yogi, every charlatan who robs people... They all say the same things you just did.

I've also seen hundreds of youtube videos were people who Did hide stuff, or misrepresent, and many later admitted it. So a video can only be taken for what it is, and your initial videos simply have too many ways they could have been faked, for myself, at least, to believe they were not faked.

• Like 2

I rarely go to this part of the forums since there is too much bark and no bite.

As pointed out, There so much claims yet never seem to be any one coming forward and showing the world, forget money and fame, if it is true, it would change the world is self on how we understand yet NOT ONE PERSON can step forward?

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 4

What about Uri Geller. If you really put some time into it and do the digging.. read up on what went on throughout his life so far.. and pay especially close attention, to all the official people, including government officials, and many TOP scholars, that ALL have statements on record of witnessing and being involved in controlled experiments with him. Time and time again he has proved telekinesis over and over. What gets my mind rolling, is the general opinion seems to be, he is simply a magician or illusionist... But even the top magicians/illusionist have agreed, that what Uri does, is simply above and beyond. One of the main things that I still find myself pondering... Alot of times, when Uri bends metal, the objects have continued to bend even after he has walked away or even left the building.. The magician/illusionist's versions, not near as compelling. I personally think Uri is legit. I believe he LOVES being a showman and showing off.. or he really did.. Now I believe that life officially wore him down. It's sad in many ways we jump to believe Oh thats not possible - laugh laugh.. If only more people had open minds instead of closed. Its true, you can have cold hard evidence and still SOME people will never be convinced of certain truths. It goes against every fiber of their beings.

I like to keep an open mind.

There could still be many things that we haven't fully tapped into yet.

Food for thought:

Quotes from scientists

http://www.uri-geller.com/uri-biography/uribiog3.htm

Quotes from Magicians

http://www.uri-geller.com/uri-biography/uribiog4.htm

• Like 1

What about Uri Geller. If you really put some time into it and do the digging.. read up on what went on throughout his life so far.. and pay especially close attention, to all the official people, including government officials, and many TOP scholars, that ALL have statements on record of witnessing and being involved in controlled experiments with him. Time and time again he has proved telekinesis over and over. What gets my mind rolling, is the general opinion seems to be, he is simply a magician or illusionist... But even the top magicians/illusionist have agreed, that what Uri does, is simply above and beyond. One of the main things that I still find myself pondering... Alot of times, when Uri bends metal, the objects have continued to bend even after he has walked away or even left the building.. The magician/illusionist's versions, not near as compelling. I personally think Uri is legit. I believe he LOVES being a showman and showing off.. or he really did.. Now I believe that life officially wore him down. It's sad in many ways we jump to believe Oh thats not possible - laugh laugh.. If only more people had open minds instead of closed. Its true, you can have cold hard evidence and still SOME people will never be convinced of certain truths. It goes against every fiber of their beings.

I like to keep an open mind.

There could still be many things that we haven't fully tapped into yet.

Food for thought:

Quotes from scientists

http://www.uri-gelle...hy/uribiog3.htm

Quotes from Magicians

http://www.uri-gelle...hy/uribiog4.htm

Hello.

You are right. Many crave for something "unusual" to happen or they seek evidence of something they saw, and when a simple evidence is shown to them, they immediatly say it is not true, they just "petrify" and are just like a rock that feels, sees and understands nathing.

Edited by simon.john
  • Like 1

Every street magician, every stage illusionist, every Indian yogi, every charlatan who robs people... They all say the same things you just did.

I've also seen hundreds of youtube videos were people who Did hide stuff, or misrepresent, and many later admitted it. So a video can only be taken for what it is, and your initial videos simply have too many ways they could have been faked, for myself, at least, to believe they were not faked.

I am not like those! You are simply too locked! Your mind is too locked to believe something like this. Have it your way anyway, believe what you want. You are just like a man that sinks in a quick sand and pray to God to rescue you... Gods sends you help as a fireman and you say no thank's God will help me, will save me... than God sends you a rescue team with a helicopter that want to pull you out... and you say again... no thanks God will save me... eventualy you die and get in Heaven... and you ask God: Why haven't you save me... And God says: " I have sent you a fireman, a rescue team with a helicopter, you refused them all... and you said I didn't want to save you!? Well, something like this you are too my friend. Edited by simon.john
  • Like 1

I thought it was well known that Uri Geller was an illusionist, and not a specifically good one. Several people have duplicated his performances exactly.

In 2007, skeptics observed that Geller appeared to have dropped his claims that he does not perform magic tricks. Randi highlighted a quotation from the November 2007 issue of the magazine Magische Welt (Magic World) in which Geller said: "I'll no longer say that I have supernatural powers. I am an entertainer. I want to do a good show. My entire character has changed."

In a later interview, Geller told Telepolis, "I said to this German magazine, so what I did say, that I changed my character, to the best of my recollection, and I no longer say that I do supernatural things. It doesn't mean that I don't have powers. It means that I don't say 'it's supernatural', I say 'I'm a mystifier!' That's what I said. And the sceptics turned it around and said, 'Uri Geller said he's a magician!' I never said that." In that interview, Geller further explained that when he is asked how he does his stunts, he tells children to "Forget the paranormal. Forget spoon bending! Instead of that, focus on school! Become a positive thinker! Believe in yourself and create a target! Go to university! Never smoke! And never touch drugs! And think of success!"

In February 2008, Geller stated in the TV show The Next Uri Geller (a German version of The Successor) that he did not have any supernatural powers, before winking to the camera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller

So, he's admitted he has no alien derived powers, but always puts in a modifier to maintain his True Believer fans.

• Like 4

I am not like those! You are simply too locked! Your mind is too locked to believe something like this. Have it your way anyway, believe what you want. You are just like a man that sinks in a quick sand and pray to God to rescue you... Gods sends you help as a fireman and you say no thank's God will help me, will save me... than God sends you a rescue team with a helicopter that want to pull you out... and you say again... no thanks God will save me... eventualy you die and get in Heaven... and you ask God: Why haven't you save me... And God says: " I have sent you a fireman, a rescue team with a helicopter, you refused them all... and you said I didn't want to save you!? Well, something like this you are too my friend.

I'm saying that I've become too skeptical because of too much hoaxing going on on youtube. It is not an attack or knock against you. It is just saying that I, myself, will require a better video before I can say I can't explain what you are doing. At which point, telekinetics is a real option.

As a Christian, I do believe in the miraculous, but I do require good evidence before I will believe.

• Like 1

Using hands is like an extension of my mind will. I can move that piece of papper without my hands or a hand, but it's alot more hard to do it, but I can do it! I will upload a video and you'll see that I can. When I'm using my hand or hands is for channeling my energy wich I have read that it is called KI to move that papper. The result(s) are alot faster that way if I were to not use my hands. Energy can be directed to that papper so I can move it. Training (Practice) also helps to surpase (using hands) the phase you are and evolve. Practice is the mother of knowledge.

Go on, explain how you are doing it.

• Like 1

I'm saying that I've become too skeptical because of too much hoaxing going on on youtube. It is not an attack or knock against you. It is just saying that I, myself, will require a better video before I can say I can't explain what you are doing. At which point, telekinetics is a real option.

As a Christian, I do believe in the miraculous, but I do require good evidence before I will believe.

And you shall have that! That's a fact! I too am disgusted of the hoaxing and of those who mock this kind of "things"... and not just that... they use all ways possible eaven if they hurt somebody to gain wealth, money and power. I don't like that! But I want to be a man of a few words and let the facts, deeds and my proofs to show what kind of person I am. I don't need this world and it's riches! I thank God for what I have (modest situation that I am and strictly necessary to live). I don't want to gain fortunes where thiefs are stiling them and rust takes over them... I come from a very rich family, but now I have my own family. In my family (brother and mother, cousins, uncles, aunts, all are very rich) money are not a problem. I don't need their money, of my relatives! I am sick of this world (it's people that rule) and dissapointed of normal people like you and I that are kept lied to and many still engulf lies. People don't need the help of God for the End of Days... God doesn't want to destroy anything... people will self destruct. Oh no my friend, thanks to some retards that called themselves the Iluminati, this world has sealed it's fate! The "curtains" shall fall and the truth will be shown. But than, it will be too late! That's why I kept on saying people should awake their spirituality before it will be too late. But who I am, comparing to this world? Edited by simon.john
  • Like 1

And you shall have that! That's a fact! I too am disgusted of the hoaxing and of those who mock this kind of "things"... and not just that... they use all ways possible eaven if they hurt somebody to gain wealth, money and power. I don't like that! But I want to be a man of a few words and let the facts, deeds and my proofs to show what kind of person I am. I don't need this world and it's riches! I thank God for what I have (modest situation that I am and strictly necessary to live). I don't want to gain fortunes where thiefs are stiling them and rust takes over them... I come from a very rich family, but now I have my own family. In my family (brother and mother, cousins, uncles, aunts, all are very rich) money are not a problem. I don't need their money, of my relatives! I am sick of this world (it's people that rule) and dissapointed of normal people like you and I that are kept lied to and many still engulf lies. People don't need the help of God for the End of Days... God doesn't want to destroy anything... people will self destruct. Oh no my friend, thanks to some retards that called themselves the Iluminati, this world has sealed it's fate! The "curtains" shall fall and the truth will be shown. But than, it will be too late! That's why I kept on saying people should awake their spirituality before it will be too late. But who I am, comparing to this world?

Hi,

Funny when you speak about the End of Days, it does carry mixed overtones. Some people will self destruct, others will shift their focus, and still others are already involved in building humanity's future. We are all called to see and hear our reality based on many things. So if that call in not from their soul they will never see or hear spiritual things, which is appropriate.

So"who are you" and what are your real aspirations? What are the things you see that can be done to evolve your truest potentials?

John

• Like 2

Hi,

Funny when you speak about the End of Days, it does carry mixed overtones. Some people will self destruct, others will shift their focus, and still others are already involved in building humanity's future. We are all called to see and hear our reality based on many things. So if that call in not from their soul they will never see or hear spiritual things, which is appropriate.

So"who are you" and what are your real aspirations? What are the things you see that can be done to evolve your truest potentials?

John

Hello John.

I was speaking of people that rule this world... about the people that are in this world and I ment at people as specie. But majority of people of this planet are ruled by some few who call themselves Iluminati, Freemasons and God knows what other secret societies are there. As specie, we are weak... mabe it is not our fault that Homo Sapiens has been born weak or that "somebody" (God in most of the religions are today) created us like that... and mabe it isn't our fault either that humans have weak personalities and character. But it is our fault that people are who they are today... and I will explain that. God, didn't create us like that, weak or flawed. He has created other creatures too (angels, demons, aliens, you name it.... which most of these names were given by man to something to understand). And the Holy Bible says very clear: At the beginning there was nathig but darkness and void and God said: "Let there be light"... in the sixth day He created the man: " Let's create the man in our image..." whoaha there... now wait a sec... to whom He has spoken when He said those things anyway!? At the beginning God created this Universe and He created something else too... many, billions and billions, that's right... billions of other creatures, inteligent creatures before He created us. There is an entity that created all this... I know... I don't have to be agree on that... that's a fact! But some creatures (aliens) rebeled against their Creator like humans did. In a way so what... often a father argues with his son, daughter with her mom... brother with brother and so on... some of those creatures (aliens) intervened in human evolving. You can see that from the Holy Bible that first human Adam was weak... he depended of God and so was Eve, but they were protected by God, by the Creator. And there is a reason why they were protected and I know that reason too. For that I will discuss this with you in private. Well someone (The Devil) (that's how the Holy Bible calls Him) not that the Holy Bible is wrong, but His name isn't the Devil, it was given by a wrong translation... well never mind... that one didn't like that... so he wanted to use humans for himself. We are energy and like human like to use resources so does the entities like to use energy. They are not interested in fortunes, wealth, or earthly things like money or gold or any other pretious stones or whatever, you name it... they are interested in energy. Souls are energy. You can't destroy energy, you can harvest it... so like the human being were and mabe still are. Good and Evil are not something well defined, they just exist. "They" both, sides, of the same energy. Energy isn't good or bad... it just exists. What is good for someone is bad for somebody else. The Holy Bible is filled with knowledge about the whole Universe and eaven the secrets of the Universe. And some "guys" realised that and they invented the Religion! Now that is the Armagedon my friend. Well, I hope I explained it a little bit...

The world is filled with hate, crimes, criminals, famen, violaters, lie and most of wall with war! That's why I said people will destroy themselves, don't need any help from God... so the Apocalypse to come... that's why I have said people or most of the people of this planet are weak... and nowerdays they are not that stupid as they were more than 2000 years ago. But eaven so, they still refuse to see although they see, they still refuse to do good and do bad things although they know what they're doing... because (as specie) were "farmed" like that. So this is as simple as it gets, but at a colosal scale... the energy. But like I said I will discuss more about this with you in private.

What I have posted on this forum, I can really do. But the important ideea is that we need to "wake up" stop doing wrong things and take our place in this Universe. We need to stop acting like "little children" and "grow up", and that is by spiritual ascending. The Holy Bible can be our guide you know. It is simple, humble and in the same time scary... the reward for doing wrong is oblivion which is loneliness. I say that because it is not or it will not be God who will reward anyone with oblivion by doing wrong, it is us or it will be us as individual who will give our own punishment. What harm can we do to God if we chose to do bad things (war, famen, take advantage of the weak and the poor, etc.) anyway? Why people have such an enormous appetite to or for destruction? I don't say there aren't people that realised that and started to make good for humanity and whatever... but I am and want to address myself to those that aren't aware of themselves. As a specie, as humans, we'll only be able to reach our potential that we were created in the first place is by stop doing wrong in all that people do and ask God for wisdom. I did that too... and I got more than I asked for. :) Oh and by the way... I am nobody... nobody important.

Edited by simon.john
  • Like 1

Go on, explain how you are doing it.

Hello.

I will explain, well most of it. It took me some time to get where I am and to do what I can do today. When I want to move that paper and using my hands I feel some kind of heat and in the same time some kind of electricity... when I want to move that paper, I don't say in my mind: "move, move, move" instead I am feeling the energy of that paper... I can really do.. and I imagine in what direction that paper I want it to move, and it moves! Everyhting is made of energy, things, objects, living things, beings, etc. Everything and everyone vibrates or their energy vibrates at a different level... so the more larger is that object or heavier the more focus (focus is mental energy) you have to put up so you can match it's vibrating energy and control it by moving that object or thing, or whatever. Do you understand? If you want to know more about this, please write me messages and we'll "talk" in private, ok?

• Like 1

The world is filled with hate, crimes, criminals, famen, violaters, lie and most of wall with war! That's why I said people will destroy themselves, don't need any help from God... so the Apocalypse to come... that's why I have said people or most of the people of this planet are weak... and nowerdays they are not that stupid as they were more than 2000 years ago. But eaven so, they still refuse to see although they see, they still refuse to do good and do bad things although they know what they're doing... because (as specie) were "farmed" like that. So this is as simple as it gets, but at a colosal scale... the energy. But like I said I will discuss more about this with you in private.

Hi,

I know these things as well or may be even more so than you. Real change begins with self and how you influence the rest.

I hope that we can talk a lot more in private. I also see every person as important. Those like yourself with a passion for change are a light we can all appreciate.

John

• Like 1

Hello.

I will explain, well most of it. It took me some time to get where I am and to do what I can do today. When I want to move that paper and using my hands I feel some kind of heat and in the same time some kind of electricity... when I want to move that paper, I don't say in my mind: "move, move, move" instead I am feeling the energy of that paper... I can really do.. and I imagine in what direction that paper I want it to move, and it moves! Everyhting is made of energy, things, objects, living things, beings, etc. Everything and everyone vibrates or their energy vibrates at a different level... so the more larger is that object or heavier the more focus (focus is mental energy) you have to put up so you can match it's vibrating energy and control it by moving that object or thing, or whatever. Do you understand? If you want to know more about this, please write me messages and we'll "talk" in private, ok?

You should take up reiki healing and use it for that instead of moving bits of paper and trying to prove stuff to others that will only crap on you because it goes beyond their comprehension. You can show a person something a million times and they will not get it until they themselves are at the level to understand. When you reach that point you know it's time to serve others that already know your ability than waste your energy on those that reject it. It really is that simple.

• Like 1

It'd be a step in the right direction if he gave proof against the theories, rather than just yell and whine about how wrong everyone who is skeptical of him is.

• Like 4

You should take up reiki healing and use it for that instead of moving bits of paper and trying to prove stuff to others that will only crap on you because it goes beyond their comprehension.

Am I misreading that - it sounds rather insulting..? This isn't 'beyond my comprehension'. It is a video that is essentially useless to prove the poster's claims about having an extraordinary ability.

You can show a person something a million times and they will not get it until they themselves are at the level to understand.

Which makes the HUGE assumption that what 'you' are showing a million times actually represents reality. If it doesn't, then it's not because it is above their level, it's because it is false. I think accusing people (eg me) of not having the required level of understanding is taking this video way too seriously.

When you reach that point you know it's time to serve others that already know your ability than waste your energy on those that reject it. It really is that simple.

Simple? Actually, I think it is a lot more complex, and with scammers and hoaxers eager to to take money from the gullible or just enjoy the unwarranted admiration, why is it wrong, on a discussion forum, to question abilities and point out how easy it is to cover trickery or deception, whether deliberate or not?

I am not necessarily doubting Mr John's ability, but at no point has he acknowledged that the video is not conclusive, nor has he been willing to even engage in a decent discussion about how he could do this demonstration better and eliminate the very obvious ways this could be faked. For me, I'd simply suggest that Mr John go find his nearest illusionist/magician. That person need not be famous, but should be identifiable and verifiable as having reasonable skills in that regime. Then I'd suggest he get that person to examine his 'skill' and suggest ways he could change the demonstration to reasonably minimise the chance of cheating, or self-deception. If he's not willing to do so, or that process doesn't quite work out as he hoped, then I think it's not so much my/our lack of comprehension, as something very, very different.

• Like 3