Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Not wishing to impugn anyone, I have to ask: Would this be hard for any magician trained in stage magic (or even an amateur)? Could the paper be moved off camera by a simple puff of air? Could the candle's wick be manipulated from beneath the table? Certainly seems possible to me.

• Like 1

I'm not even going to begin to go into full about how you literally just proved my point ....

If you understood my post that way, you understood is wrong.

The OP is long gone friend

So you are claiming to be able to move objects by some kind of "energy" but you failed to realise when a poster was active last? Hmm.

Words dont count here. Pls contact James Randi ( http://web.randi.org...-challenge.html ) and deliver your proof after you

have earned the 1M USD.

Dont forget.

• Like 1

If you understood my post that way, you understood is wrong.

So you are claiming to be able to move objects by some kind of "energy" but you failed to realise when a poster was active last? Hmm.

Dont forget.

Hi toast,

I understood your post perfectly well, if YOU couldn't understand my reply then well it not only proves my point further but kind of makes me sad for you...

I fail to see what me missing the OP posting on a new account has to do with Telekinesis...

I don't live in America and I can't afford to fly there anyway. If you actually read my original post you would understand why that wouldn't work in front of a bunch of cynics anyway so no thanks, think I'll pass on that challenge

Edited by Spookdora
  • Like 1

Actually it seems OP has since returned with a new profile:

OP Was 'simon.john' - 71 posts, Joined:27 Oct 2013.

Active on this thread 27/10/2013 Post #1 - 28/12/2013 Post #235

User 'simon.john83' - 31 posts, Joined:04 May 2014

Active on this thread 04/05/2014 Post #273 - 15/12/2014 Post #382

Thanks must of missed it even though I thought I read it all

• Like 2

Not wishing to impugn anyone, I have to ask: Would this be hard for any magician trained in stage magic (or even an amateur)? Could the paper be moved off camera by a simple puff of air? Could the candle's wick be manipulated from beneath the table? Certainly seems possible to me.

Hi Sun,

I think it's quite obvious that a puff of air is going to move some paper, you can choose to believe it or not. I certainly didn't hear any fans or anything of the sorts in OP's videos

Would a candle wick been manipulated change the direction of a flame up or down ?(actual question), besides there's videos on YouTube of people doing it with matches anyway.

Edited by Spookdora
  • Like 1

Yes, you I can talk to you, where as Toast is kinda just proving my point

1. Correct, what would happen if people started to try Telekinesis with an open mind? I imagine the very same thing

2. Have any of you who claim it not to be real tried it yourself? (going into it with an open mind), no you haven't thus you have not examined it

3. If you have doubts in your mind about something then you are less likely to achieve it, not really open for debate...

4. Fair enough, maybe I should use it in quote marks as to most of your it seems supernatural

1. People have tried telekinesis and yet not a single person has ever been able to demonstrate the capability.

2. By writing the answer you are demonstrating a closed and negative mind. Did you realize that? If not, that is also a sign of a closed mind.

3. Doubt is part of the human experience. Everyone has doubt about something. The existence of doubt does not mean something can be accomplished. Doubt is often used as an excuse. It is a charlatan's excuse.

4. Telekinesis is not supernatural. Can't be. If you can move something then the force needed to cause the motion is definable. It is observable.

If you believe that you can accomplish telekinesis then you might want to test it. Determine what you are capable of. Bet it is worth tens of millions of dollars. The million dollar prize is a tidbit in all of the fees possible through demonstrations and teaching the ability. If a fraud like Geller can make a pile of money and trick the gullible, then you with the real ability are a shoe-in for lots of money.

• Like 2

I'm not even going to begin to go into full about how you literally just proved my point but I will say, faith healing, telekinesis, pyrokinesis etc.. all use the same energy. The point of that statement is to show it links to me having a more open mind about this kind of thing today

You claim there is something you call energy. Can you demonstrate it exists or is this something that you simply say. You mention pyrokinesis. No one has ever shown that capability. No one has ever shown telekinesis. Yet, you lump them in with faith healing, something you say a relative did. Do you want to lump them together when there is no evidence for the other 2?

Your claim to an open mind is probably not true. You are most likely confusing gullible with having an open mind. Accepting every bit that comes along whether plausible or not is being gullible. Open minds are filtering minds. You hear or read or see something and you examine it. You clearly demonstrated a very closed mind attitude by dismissively stated that others had not tried something. You have no evidence to base that statement on yet you made it and there was nothing vague about it. You were clearly making a closed minded statement.

Take my position. When I was younger I read about all sorts of things including mind control and reading minds and moving things with my mind. I couldn't do it. My friends couldn't do it. I have looked around for years about information on it and despite seeing lots of people claiming to be able to do it, no one has ever been able to do it. They might be able to put on a show for people, but when people take a closer look it becomes clear that some trickery is at hand. It's fine to trick people if you tell them that it is a trick. Magicians and illusionists are making it clear that they are tricking you. Others like to trick people without telling them they are performing tricks. That is called fraud. Frauds like Geller cheat people. Geller could have been successful without being a fraud. His tricks have been replicated. He has been exposed as a charlatan.

You say you can do telekinesis. Ok. You are welcome to demonstrate it. If you can then you will be the first person ever. That is pretty unique. It's like the first person on the Moon. It's like the first person on Everest. It's like the first person to sail across the Atlantic to the New World. Being the first means also rewriting physics since there might be a 5th force involved. Now all you have to do is demonstrate this ability in controlled conditions. Can you do that to move onto fame and fortune?

• Like 3

You claim there is something you call energy. Can you demonstrate it exists or is this something that you simply say. You mention pyrokinesis. No one has ever shown that capability. No one has ever shown telekinesis. Yet, you lump them in with faith healing, something you say a relative did. Do you want to lump them together when there is no evidence for the other 2?

Your claim to an open mind is probably not true. You are most likely confusing gullible with having an open mind. Accepting every bit that comes along whether plausible or not is being gullible. Open minds are filtering minds. You hear or read or see something and you examine it. You clearly demonstrated a very closed mind attitude by dismissively stated that others had not tried something. You have no evidence to base that statement on yet you made it and there was nothing vague about it. You were clearly making a closed minded statement.

Take my position. When I was younger I read about all sorts of things including mind control and reading minds and moving things with my mind. I couldn't do it. My friends couldn't do it. I have looked around for years about information on it and despite seeing lots of people claiming to be able to do it, no one has ever been able to do it. They might be able to put on a show for people, but when people take a closer look it becomes clear that some trickery is at hand. It's fine to trick people if you tell them that it is a trick. Magicians and illusionists are making it clear that they are tricking you. Others like to trick people without telling them they are performing tricks. That is called fraud. Frauds like Geller cheat people. Geller could have been successful without being a fraud. His tricks have been replicated. He has been exposed as a charlatan.

You say you can do telekinesis. Ok. You are welcome to demonstrate it. If you can then you will be the first person ever. That is pretty unique. It's like the first person on the Moon. It's like the first person on Everest. It's like the first person to sail across the Atlantic to the New World. Being the first means also rewriting physics since there might be a 5th force involved. Now all you have to do is demonstrate this ability in controlled conditions. Can you do that to move onto fame and fortune?

No one has demonstrated this capability? Did you read the rest of this thread, there are countless videos showing the abilities but if you choose to doubt it then that doesn't eliminate it as proof

If a video isn't proof enough you're welcome to come to my house and I'll show you

Doubt is part of the human experience. Everyone has doubt about something. The existence of doubt does not mean something can be accomplished. Doubt is often used as an excuse. It is a charlatan's excuse.

You need to eliminate doubt if you want to be able to do it, that takes practice

Edited by Spookdora
  • Like 1

Is that YOU, James Hydrick? James Randi already busted you for being a fraud.

I'm not James Hydrick! How the heck can you be so stupid? I'm Simon Calin Ioan and I live in Romania. I'm not using any tricks! Soon I will prove with the help of television in a control environment with the whole sharade (scientists, measure tools and whatever it takes). I just hope not to end up in a test facility to be made experiments on me. Edited by simon.john83
  • Like 1

Actually it seems OP has since returned with a new profile:

OP Was 'simon.john' - 71 posts, Joined:27 Oct 2013.

Active on this thread 27/10/2013 Post #1 - 28/12/2013 Post #235

User 'simon.john83' - 31 posts, Joined:04 May 2014

Active on this thread 04/05/2014 Post #273 - 15/12/2014 Post #382

I forgot my password that's why I had to sign up with a new user. Meanwhile I recovered it.
  • Like 2

I have to admit the videos are interesting. But there's too much that's hidden like the rest of your face and both your arms. I can think of a possible scenario where you might have a plastic hose hose running from your left nostril around to your left wrist area so that you can gently breathe some air at it. I'm not saying that you did this...it's just a possibility since we can't see anything above your lips or your entire left side of your body. Your right arm looked rather harmless but it was hidden below the table. Next time have both hands on the table and show your whole upper body. If you don't want to show your face wear a disguise or dark sunglasses.

• Like 1

If you don't want to show your face wear a disguise or dark sunglasses.

Also, take to the night fighting crime.

You have superpowers after all.*

*sarcasm

• Like 1

Haha how about levitron. A superhero who levitates bad guys so they can't run away. Actually I watched this derren brown website called "science of scams" and it explains spinning psi wheels quite easily. It's simply convection currents generated by warm hands near the wheel. A warm hand heats the air around the wheel and rises while cooler air from below rushes in to replace it and causes the wheel to spin. I wonder about wheels that are covered by a glass bowl though. There's one that was advertised after simon's was over and this kid was able to spin a wheel quite fast in both directions while covered by a heavy glass bowl. He did have to show that no air could enter the bowl by blowing a hair dryer at it... but maybe that was necessary to start the convection currents.

• Like 1

No one has demonstrated this capability? Did you read the rest of this thread, there are countless videos showing the abilities but if you choose to doubt it then that doesn't eliminate it as proof

If a video isn't proof enough you're welcome to come to my house and I'll show you

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

You need to eliminate doubt if you want to be able to do it, that takes practice

" i saw it on the internet so of course it must be real"

dude its 2014, a lot more people are able to do special effects stuff from inside their own home.

• Like 1

Haha how about levitron. A superhero who levitates bad guys so they can't run away. Actually I watched this derren brown website called "science of scams" and it explains spinning psi wheels quite easily. It's simply convection currents generated by warm hands near the wheel. A warm hand heats the air around the wheel and rises while cooler air from below rushes in to replace it and causes the wheel to spin. I wonder about wheels that are covered by a glass bowl though. There's one that was advertised after simon's was over and this kid was able to spin a wheel quite fast in both directions while covered by a heavy glass bowl. He did have to show that no air could enter the bowl by blowing a hair dryer at it... but maybe that was necessary to start the convection currents.

I'd have to see it myself to know for certain but that sounds like a fairly good trick.

It seems like they're forcing attention to be paid to the bowl, so its possible that the wheel was connected to a power source that caused the spinning.

although, again I haven't seen the one in particular you're talking about.

• Like 1

Nevermind, it was faked lol. I read the whole thing and the guy admitted how he did it. Quite ingenius actually with pin holes drilled into a table and secret air passageways inside the table and with the help of a friend blowing thru hoses "off screen". The whole secret was in the two front table legs that you couldn't see the bottom of since they were off screen as well. An accomplish plugged air lines to these two front legs BELOW camera level and the rest was all just physics. It just goes to show a video can hide many things. Here's the link...

• Like 1

And some say, "I SAW THE VIDEO! IT MUST BE TRUE".

Like said earlier, if any of this was true, you would be very very wealty.

Better men have tried to fool, and some have kept it up! For a while at least, they all get busted.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

According to modern magiciansis telekinesis cause by astral like a bond between matter and spirit. Sou for telekinesis is good handle the astral projection.

• Like 1

I'm great at telekinesis. I just someone to get me something and they bring it to me. So the object or whatever moves without me touching it. :tu:

To be serious though. Psychic abilities do not exist and if they do it's going to be so subtle that it can not be visually observed. Not only this if telekinesis is real then the biological and psychological mechanism from which it works would be universal. It could be studied and cultivated.

• Like 1

Simon.john I was wondering what you did to practice to be able to acomplish telekenesis and I was wondering do you meditate?

He practise prestidigitation, simply just that and nothing else. But anyway, Elvis has left the building.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

you all write these big texts, some believeing some doubting, some admiring, some saying its fake, ill just say this : telekinesys is physical lawlessness and law is a pressure

• Like 1

you all write these big texts, some believeing some doubting, some admiring, some saying its fake, ill just say this : telekinesys is physical lawlessness and law is a pressure

And I will say who is the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

• Like 4

http://digest.bps.org.uk/2016/02/why-do-so-many-people-believe-in.html

"Now a paper in Memory and Cognition has looked for differences between believers and sceptics in specific mental abilities, rather than in overall intelligence or education. Across three studies – this was one of the most comprehensive investigations of its kind – the researchers at the University of Chicago found that believers in psychic powers had memory abilities equal to the sceptics, but they underperformed on tests of their analytical thinking skills."

"The results don't prove that relatively poor analytical thinking skills cause people to become believers in psychic phenomena, but they are certainly consistent with the idea that a lack of these skills may leave people more prone to developing such beliefs, for example by undermining their ability to scrutinise whether last night's dream really did predict today's events."

• Like 3

And I will say who is the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

its not who is biger fool, its what you believe in, i believe telekinesis could be posible in some other world, without so many third dimension laws like gravity and similar, if we were free of these laws that work and never failed, anything could be posible, but we are not, these laws are here, and everyone who wants to do telekinesis is under pressure of breaking these laws

• Like 1