Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

its not who is biger fool, its what you believe in, i believe telekinesis could be posible in some other world, without so many third dimension laws like gravity and similar, if we were free of these laws that work and never failed, anything could be posible, but we are not, these laws are here, and everyone who wants to do telekinesis is under pressure of breaking these laws

Can I please ask:

1. If you suggest they are under pressure of breaking 'these laws', who is enforcing these 'third dimension laws'?

2. When has anyone 'who wants to do telekinesis' been limited by any law?

3. We are human, and humans manage to commit great crimes without being stopped. Therefore, why is it so hard for someone 'practicing' telekinesis to demonstrate and broadcast it to the world when monsters like ISIS can repeatedly broadcast brutal executions without the same authorities silencing them first?

• Like 4

you all write these big texts, some believeing some doubting, some admiring, some saying its fake, ill just say this : telekinesys is physical lawlessness and law is a pressure

Would you like some meaningless steak to go with that meaningless word salad?

• Like 8

its not who is biger fool, its what you believe in, i believe telekinesis could be posible in some other world, without so many third dimension laws like gravity and similar, if we were free of these laws that work and never failed, anything could be posible, but we are not, these laws are here, and everyone who wants to do telekinesis is under pressure of breaking these laws

Literally meaningless.

• Like 7

http://digest.bps.or...believe-in.html

"Now a paper in Memory and Cognition has looked for differences between believers and sceptics in specific mental abilities, rather than in overall intelligence or education. Across three studies – this was one of the most comprehensive investigations of its kind – the researchers at the University of Chicago found that believers in psychic powers had memory abilities equal to the sceptics, but they underperformed on tests of their analytical thinking skills."

"The results don't prove that relatively poor analytical thinking skills cause people to become believers in psychic phenomena, but they are certainly consistent with the idea that a lack of these skills may leave people more prone to developing such beliefs, for example by undermining their ability to scrutinise whether last night's dream really did predict today's events."

In some ways that's a rather cruel assessment, but I think this thread bears it out...There's room here on earth for all levels of ability, and there's no shame in not being very good at analysis or considering ALL possibilities.. The problem arises when you convince yourself you have powers that others should be jealous of, and stick your fingers in your ears and sing 'Lalalalala' when very reasonable observations are made on how you might be fooling yourself. There have been several simple suggestions made here that have been ignored by the claimant, and frankly, there is nothing stopping anyone who thinks they have these powers to front up to a credible scientific organisation, even a University for testing. Or perhaps simply appear on Penn and Teller's 'Fool Us', or wait on the new JREF challenge to be set up, and claim the $1m or whatever the new sum will be.

It seems to me that any genuine possessor of any such powers would surely WANT to be tested and to thence share their powers so that others could benefit.... I can think of only 2 reasons why they wouldn't do that:

1. They are hideously greedy and want to be the only one..

2. They know, deep down, that their powers will vanish when tested.

Perhaps we should give the benefit of the doubt - maybe they don't quite understand WHY they vanish, even tho' it is staring them right in the face... but sadly I think most do know exactly why they 'vanish'.. they were never there in the first place, and the claimant had fooled themselves only..

• Like 1

In some ways that's a rather cruel assessment, but I think this thread bears it out...There's room here on earth for all levels of ability, and there's no shame in not being very good at analysis or considering ALL possibilities.. The problem arises when you convince yourself you have powers that others should be jealous of, and stick your fingers in your ears and sing 'Lalalalala' when very reasonable observations are made on how you might be fooling yourself. There have been several simple suggestions made here that have been ignored by the claimant, and frankly, there is nothing stopping anyone who thinks they have these powers to front up to a credible scientific organisation, even a University for testing. Or perhaps simply appear on Penn and Teller's 'Fool Us', or wait on the new JREF challenge to be set up, and claim the $1m or whatever the new sum will be.

It seems to me that any genuine possessor of any such powers would surely WANT to be tested and to thence share their powers so that others could benefit.... I can think of only 2 reasons why they wouldn't do that:

Perhaps we should give the benefit of the doubt - maybe they don't quite understand WHY they vanish, even tho' it is staring them right in the face... but sadly I think most do know exactly why they 'vanish'.. they were never there in the first place, and the claimant had fooled themselves only..

The study basically concludes that superstition and religious beliefs are more intense in those lacking in certain important cognitive abilities. In other words, it just confirms what everyone knows - that people with these sorts of beliefs generally tend to be lacking in cognitive intelligence.

• Like 1

Sir is that a generalization i hear, or a slip of tongue, please may it be the latter because i go to a catholic school and know PLENTY of very religous and superstitious people who would be very insulted by you saying that they lack cognitive ability

• Like 2

The study basically concludes that superstition and religious beliefs are more intense in those lacking in certain important cognitive abilities. In other words, it just confirms what everyone knows - that people with these sorts of beliefs generally tend to be lacking in cognitive intelligence.

I really don't think that is always the case. Oft times people can be very intelligent but can be rather gullible or easily influenced.

My father is the same way, very knowledgeable and skilled. If I need financial advice, he is the first person I would ask.

When I needed help in college with basic algebraic calculations, he quickly made it easily understandable.

But when it came to fringe ideas like reincarnation, spirits, psychic abilities and religious philosophies (to name a few) he is quite easily influenced just by reading a book or listening to some guy on a video. So with topics of that nature, he is not the one I would talk to to get something balanced and unbiased.

Believing in one unsubstantiated or vague thing does not translate into being stupid or lacking in intellect.

• Like 1

That moment when you realise that this thread has been going since 2013........

• Like 2

hi,

can you explain me and instruct me to train. *Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed personal info.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

You know, I didn't believe that telekinesis was really possible because of the matter+mass>energy dilemma but I actually had a real telekinetic experience some weeks ago.

Here's the scenario: A large table is before me at about belly button height. Around the table are several women doing their work. I am at the head of this table, walking up to it. In my hand is a wrench. The center of the table is clear of any items, except the other end of the table where an empty 20oz soda bottle stands. The table is heavy duty and I could kick a table leg with all my strength and this table wouldn't shake a micron. So, I walk up to the table, wrench in hand and set it down at the head of the table, keeping my hand on it then I slide it across the table to the other end. At the moment I decide to slide the wrench and the moment before I actually do so, at that moment of clenching a bit tighter on the wrench, in that moment, the empty 20oz soda bottle unexplainably falls off the table. I then am letting go of the wrench then I watch it slide along the center of the table, hitting nothing, then resting in the exact point on the table that the empty 20oz soda bottle previously occupied.

That would be the closest thing to telekinesis I have ever witnessed (and performed!)

• Like 1

On 6/12/2016 at 4:33 PM, Zalmoxis said:

You know, I didn't believe that telekinesis was really possible because of the matter+mass>energy dilemma but I actually had a real telekinetic experience some weeks ago.

Here's the scenario: A large table is before me at about belly button height. Around the table are several women doing their work. I am at the head of this table, walking up to it. In my hand is a wrench. The center of the table is clear of any items, except the other end of the table where an empty 20oz soda bottle stands. The table is heavy duty and I could kick a table leg with all my strength and this table wouldn't shake a micron. So, I walk up to the table, wrench in hand and set it down at the head of the table, keeping my hand on it then I slide it across the table to the other end. At the moment I decide to slide the wrench and the moment before I actually do so, at that moment of clenching a bit tighter on the wrench, in that moment, the empty 20oz soda bottle unexplainably falls off the table. I then am letting go of the wrench then I watch it slide along the center of the table, hitting nothing, then resting in the exact point on the table that the empty 20oz soda bottle previously occupied.

That would be the closest thing to telekinesis I have ever witnessed (and performed!)

Hi a tellapath and also have physic abilities and keep tapping into more I talk to oTther tellapath, but when you say something to someone that does have the ability they get scared so we don't do that but I'm trying to reach even farther. If you want to talk about it chat message me back...THE TRINITY

• Like 1

It is not a good idea to post your email for all to see. You should really have used private messaging so others can't abuse it.

• Like 1

Hi how you doing I'm a telepath we telepathically talk to each other me and my friends and family I would like to know more about the telekinesis moving things with your mind cuz I know telepath after a while could you move things with their mind I've had this ability my whole life never really practice moving anything...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tellapath said:

Hi how you doing I'm a telepath we telepathically talk to each other me and my friends and family I would like to know more about the telekinesis moving things with your mind cuz I know telepath after a while could you move things with their mind I've had this ability my whole life never really practice moving anything...

As this site likes to investigate mysteries, why not tell us about if/how you have tested your 'telepathy' to ensure that it isn't just pattern matching, empathy, selective reporting or one of the many, many reasons why people may *think* they are successfully communicating information?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tellapath said:

hmmmm.....

• Like 1

ChrLzs this is about what you have written if you want us to ,we can back to you we can and will telepathically talk to you only if you want us to. After we do if you can post about us doing it .  We are trying to keep up with everyone because we have more work that we're doing,  and this is just a project. We ARE Good telepaths, we help out people we make sure no one is getting hurt with the building of their abilities,  there are other telepaths out there and they're the ones hurting people we dislike them very much they get inside people's heads and they harm them they make them mentally break or worse with psychological issues will emerge from what they do to them. But we are the ones that make sure everyone  that knows about this  this will be just fine , but we're in our own war with them that were in because they don't want anyone knowing about telepathic abilities are real and we want people to know not just to protect themselves which is our main goal with what's going on right now but really if you really think about it it's evolution in the process I've had these abilities my whole life never scared of them but scared of what people would think or what they would do because I have a gift everyone is created for some type of reason maybe this is mine. I'm more into making sure it's known telepathic abilitys. Oh and that answer to ChLzs, what an empath is they feel other people's emotions, no I'm really not... just tell us and will try to get back to you we will telepathically if you want us to just write it and what will,

,  we don't any other way unless you tell us to we don't like scaring anyone... or back on here...

Edited by Tellapath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tellapath said:

ChrLzs this is about what you have written if you want us to ,we can back to you we can and will telepathically talk to you only if you want us to. After we do if you can post about us doing it .  

No, that's not how it works.  If you want to propose some sort of telepathy test here at UM, then the test methodology should be properly and publicly outlined in full, debated beforehand and agreed by all parties before any tests are done.  No pm's, no undeclared 'protocols'.  And no subjectivity... 

That last point is where this usually falls down, because those wanting to prove their telepathic ability seem to not want objective, properly controlled tests.  Instead, they usually want vague and woolly attempts to match topics or images - subjective judgments.  For example - rather than trying to transmit, say, random numbers or letters, they will want the receiver to describe the scene they are seeing in their heads, and then see if they can find any matches in what was 'transmitted'...  And of course they will find them - that is the problem with subjective tests.  Our brains are great at finding vague matches, links and patterns in pretty much anything - indeed, the more complex the 'message' being sent, the better for the claimant as it adds to the chances of some sort of match. 

So, if you are genuinely wanting to demonstrate that you can do what you say you can, you should commit to proper tests, where subjective judging can be removed and the results will actually be worth something.  If you don't like random numbers or similar 'boring' subjects, feel free to propose other subjects that can be used.  But they need to be ones where objective, not subjective, testing will apply.

If you'd like me to propose some possibilities for a basic test I'm happy to do so, but I think it would best for you to come up with it and let's see what unfolds from that..

• Like 1

On 2/23/2016 at 0:18 AM, ChrLzs said:

Very insightful 

• Like 1

Okay this is about the studies about the telepathic abilities. There are studies going on right now the problem is I can't tell you which school it's more of which place. Friends of mine tell me they are going three different types of tests. Say 1 out of 10 questions they get eight out of ten right like one of the questions the man was holding a picture of a duck with colors on it for some reason my friend could only pick up what he saw as the duck with no colors. And he got 9 out of 10 questions right ... But he's only been doing a little at a time which is a safer technique to do it because you gotta think it is your brain you're using, with telepathic abilities they haven't even explored most of our brain yet there's so many doors unlocked when you are doing this and there's so many different abilities we can tap into it's still being explored and it will be explored for centuries to come. Plus think would we really want someone that we didn't want say a serial killer a rapist or a psycho path to get their hands on something like this or even worse... that's a lot to do with why they haven't globally acknowledged it yet... I hope one day they do, remember there's always a future and this is definitely in it...

Edited by Tellapath
  • Like 1

On 17/06/2016 at 11:14 PM, Ryu said:

It is not a good idea to post your email for all to see. You should really have used private messaging so others can't abuse it.

His psychic powers let him down and he didnt quite see that coming :lol:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tellapath said:

Okay this is about the studies about the telepathic abilities. There are studies going on right now the problem is I can't tell you which school it's more of which place. Friends of mine tell me they are going three different types of tests. Say 1 out of 10 questions they get eight out of ten right like one of the questions the man was holding a picture of a duck with colors on it for some reason my friend could only pick up what he saw as the duck with no colors. And he got 9 out of 10 questions right ... But he's only been doing a little at a time which is a safer technique to do it because you gotta think it is your brain you're using, with telepathic abilities they haven't even explored most of our brain yet there's so many doors unlocked when you are doing this and there's so many different abilities we can tap into it's still being explored and it will be explored for centuries to come. Plus think would we really want someone that we didn't want say a serial killer a rapist or a psycho path to get their hands on something like this or even worse... that's a lot to do with why they haven't globally acknowledged it yet... I hope one day they do, remember there's always a future and this is definitely in it...

So can you pick up on someones thoughts or even what they may be wearing via the internet ??

If so - can you tell me what I'm thinking or wearing right now ? ....that's if your game  ;)

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

This is the first time I've tried this with someone that wasn't a telepath  and this has nothing to do with a psychic ability right now  I shut that down  I'm trying on a telepathic ability itself but something black and red mostly black...red shoes send picture if I'm right and if I'm wrong I'll try again I've had this ability my whole life and I'm only been doing it for 4 months so I'm still learning in how to get better at this...please send reply I need more practice... I didn't have my friends or family help because I wanted to know if I can do it without their help but with them still guiding me....

Edited by Tellapath
  • Like 1

Other telepaths can usually pick up on each other, if there's another telepath around they will know unless they are blocking them, I've been practicing on other telepaths if I'm wrong I'll keep on trying I need someone I can work with that isn't a telepath to pick up other types of things like if they have a thought of a bird and the color it is and things of that nature... and I don't need your name but somebody just to ask me if they will work with them I need mucyh more practice...            I've tried it with somebody else here where I live and out of three things they were thinking of I did get two right...

Edited by Tellapath
  • Like 1