Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Short, to the point...and completely accurate.  You win!

Do you say that because you feel the events didn't happen or that you feel their is a better explanation? 

• Like 1

Making things move with mind is like cheating at solitaire.  Not only is it cheating, but it is a demonstration of moral lack.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BruiserBrody said:

Do you say that because you feel the events didn't happen or that you feel their is a better explanation? 

....really?

"No" is the best answer given...telekinesis generated by human being who merely will things to move isn't real thing.  Or, to be nicer about it, hasn't ever been proven to be a real thing to this date.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

....really?

"No" is the best answer given...telekinesis generated by human being who merely will things to move isn't real thing.  Or, to be nicer about it, hasn't ever been proven to be a real thing to this date.

Now, now, now, that's not quite right. You see I move my finger to type letters according to my will. So the thoughts go from my brain all the way to my hands. This entire post is an act of 'telekinesis'.:P

• Like 2

I deny your logic and substitute my own. This is the work of a Magician! Ha! Your move good Sir.                                                                    :alien::alien:  We must return to our own star before it explodes.

END Transmission. ( Earth )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Now, now, now, that's not quite right. You see I move my finger to type letters according to my will. So the thoughts go from my brain all the way to my hands. This entire post is an act of 'telekinesis'.:P

Nevermind :)

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BruiserBrody said:

Another famous case.

Of course its always famous how easy ppl can fool and how ppl like to get fooled.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BruiserBrody said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Kulagina

Another famous case. The wiki for her doesn't glamorize her like I've seen some articles do.

Infamous might be a better word..  Selected quotes from that link:

a Russian woman who claimed to have psychic powers...
Many individuals and organizations ... express skepticism regarding claims of psychokinesis ...
the long preparation times and uncontrolled environments (such as hotel rooms) in which the experiments with Kulagina took place left much potential for trickery ...
Magicians and skeptics have argued that Kulagina's feats could easily be performed by one practiced in sleight of hand ...
Kulagina was "caught cheating more than once by Soviet Establishment scientists." ...

Back then was the Age of the Charlatans.

Edited by ChrLzs
the quote went funny
  • Like 2

Some people seem to have a need to believe, and can't leave their views in the realm of just opinion.  I don't understand it.  It seems to me whenever someone claims something odd, the natural expectation should be skepticism and it is foolish to be otherwise.

I imagine that there exists a personality trait ranging from cynicism through skepticism and ending up in gullibility (if not schizophrenia).  What I don't understand is how cynical those who want to believe something can be when presented with counter-evidence, or even just good hard questions.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 12/02/2017 at 6:09 PM, Pang said:

Hi Simon, i am pang. i start practicing telekinesis yesterday. But seems no progress, do you mind to share how you do it?

practice.. practice.. pracite..

actually.. take up panio or something equally as rewarding.. because your not going to succeed with telekinesis.. and you might as well do something useful with your time

• Like 1

On 12.2.2017 at 9:09 AM, Pang said:

Hi Simon, i am pang. i start practicing telekinesis yesterday. But seems no progress, do you mind to share how you do it?

Its a long way to telekinesis.

Lesson 1: Dont ask questions to people who left the forum >3 years ago.

Edit: poster Simon has never shown evidence of telekinesis, he has been debunked on every single attempt.

Edited by toast
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen these videos before.

There does seem to be an awful lot of blowing and heavy breathing going on!

• Like 3

On 2/12/2017 at 8:09 AM, Pang said:

do you mind to share how you do it?

he did not, because he can`t, hence why he has not come back.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I hope ur still here, I doubt it, but if u r, plz message me, I would love to learn this, I hav e been very interested in this sort of stuff, I would love to leaanr, PLEASE MESSAGE ME at **SNIP**

**Please don't post personal contact information in public boards.**

• Like 1

On 10/27/2013 at 5:51 AM, simon.john said:

Hello. I want to assure you I'm not an imbecil. :( There is no theatre played! I don't like theatre and I'm not good at it! :) What you see is real! I will upload a video where you will see that I cand do much more than that with a candle flame.

Hello. Have you considered the downside of publicizing your abilities?  If it is a trick, well and good.  If your ability is real, say goodbye to freedom.  You will be cooperating with some government for the rest of your life.  They will study you and use you.  Other people will want to take you for their own study  or neutralize you if they can't  get you away.  Hopefully you can become incorporeal and travel as an undetectable energy field.  Don't stay in any one place too long.  Good luck. Visit again if you can.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Hello. Have you considered the downside of publicizing your abilities?  If it is a trick, well and good.  If your ability is real, say goodbye to freedom.  You will be cooperating with some government for the rest of your life.  They will study you and use you.  Other people will want to take you for their own study  or neutralize you if they can't  get you away.  Hopefully you can become incorporeal and travel as an undetectable energy field.  Don't stay in any one place too long.  Good luck. Visit again if you can.

Other than your suspicions, can you back that up with any actual evidence of someone 'disappearing' or being detained by the gov't or any other body?

I've certainly heard of organisations like the CIA investigating and then abandoning people who claimed to have valuable abilities.

I've also heard of folks who claim to have the abilities and then offer up youtube videos of the {cough} quality shown here and that is supposed to count as {cough} provenance..  But they are very shy of accepting requests to improve their methodology - perhaps your unsupported concerns are the reason?  I mean, I certainly can't think of any other reason they would get leery of genuine investigation...

Q. 1  Do those folks have powers of the type that would be of any value to such an organisation, even if real?  None that I can see.

Q. 2  Do some of these folks believe they genuinely have powers?  I think so.

Q. 3  Do some of these folks do it for shi er giggles or trolling or hoaxing?  Heavens NO!!!

Q. 4  If they had genuine powers, wouldn't it be the right thing to do to share those abilities for the good of humanity?  (They certainly don't seem to want that.....)

and finally..

Q. 5  Was I being sarcastic in one of those questions, and in the last sentence of the previous paragraph?

:D

• Like 2

Our bodies simply do not generate a strong enough magnetic and/or gravitational field to create any kind of telekinetic effects. On the other side of that coin our thoughts do not have enough strength to be broadcast (as in telepathy). Nor is there a physical medium which will allow for either telekinesis/telepathy. Of course there are those who will scream Quantum Woo as an explanations. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Other than your suspicions, can you back that up with any actual evidence of someone 'disappearing' or being detained by the gov't or any other body?

Of course not.   I can neither confirm nor deny that individuals purporting to have psychic powers have vanished from public view, that the CIA or any other government body in the USA, its allies, or the former USSR have ever experimented with telepathy, or that such powers actually exist.

Of course, as you stated, if one could make a candle flame flutter without breathing on it, is it not his or her civic duty to use it for the good of humanity?  There must be a plethora of applications for such a talent. Come forward paper movers and candle blinkers, humanity needs you. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Of course not.

Indeed....  hardly worth raising, then!

I can neither confirm nor deny that individuals purporting to have psychic powers have vanished from public view,

Nor can I, on the existence of Pink Unicorns.  Which puts both claims in tinfoilhat territory.

that the CIA or any other government body in the USA, its allies, or the former USSR have ever experimented with telepathy, or that such powers actually exist.

?  It's on public record they have experimented with telepathy and remote viewing, and for a short time, even started to believe in it... until they worked out how they were being suckered, at which point (gullible) heads rolled and the projects ceased to be.  I can offer links if required, or you could start with the Men Who Stared at Goats...

Of course, as you stated, if one could make a candle flame flutter without breathing on it, is it not his or her civic duty to use it for the good of humanity?

Well, no.  As I made eminently clear, one would suspect that if some folks like the now MIA Simon John had low level powers, such that would barely move a flame, then possibly some people would be expected to have much better abilities, ie useful ones.  Or even if they didn't, they would at least volunteer for serious testing in the hope that the powers could be developed and become a useful tool for humanity....  I genuinely would.  But no, they won't even listen to basic criticism of their test methodology....

There must be a plethora of applications for such a talent. Come forward paper movers and candle blinkers, humanity needs you. 

All sarcasm aside...

well, actually, I guess there isn't anything left when you take away the sarcasm...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

be careful what and to whom you show. if you power is real then there will be people who will see you a

A. a freak

B. experiment material

C. get rich quick tool

D. a devil

that is how people are in this day in age they fear what they don't understand. so make sure you can trust who you tell and tell them only what they need to know

• Like 3

Spoiler

Hello guys! Long time no see! I have mastered some new techniques. One more time, I'm not a magician, I didn't follow any magic trick courses, etc. What you see is what you get. What I am about to post I can explain. 

Spoiler

Edited by simon.john83
  • Like 1

"Aerokinesis".

Claykinesis:

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 3:13 PM, firefang1795 said:

be careful what and to whom you show. if you power is real then there will be people who will see you a

A. a freak

B. experiment material

C. get rich quick tool

D. a devil

that is how people are in this day in age they fear what they don't understand. so make sure you can trust who you tell and tell them only what they need to know

Do you realize that "if" someone was actually 100% proven telekinetic they would change our understanding of physics. If the same neural pathways could be developed and trained in other people it would further prove it. 

It's a good thing that psi abilities are not real. One more thing to use as a weapon or make us lazier.

• Like 2