Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your kid is dying,wld u b posting on a forum

Simbi Laveau

Its not unusual for people to do that. I did right after my father died, its a escape from reality.

Hmm.....

OK

I know everyone is different. If there's anything death has taught me, it's that eve very one reacts differently, and it makes some people a little nuts for a while.

I know people that have gone on the net in their close last dying breaths, its not unusual.

Well if they were the ones dying, that's different.

Some people need to say something..... this was the mom of the person dyin.

It may be I know many parents, and I personally, just cannot see this as something any of them would do.

I could understand someone posting on fb that someone close to them has died so their family and real life friends will know. I just don't get why someone would post moment by moment on a forum to strangers about the death of someone they know. Some people are just......I don't know. It's just weird.

moment by moment is someone trying to escape from the reality, sad:)

• Like 1

I had to work the day my dad passed in 2005,three days after christmas.I had no choice but not all are the same.I have seen people just get on with it only for it to hit them later in life.I will say that it does seem odd for a mother and a dying child though because of the bond that should exist.

Quite true, I heard of a anecdotal story where a guys father died. He didnt cry when he found out his father passed away. He didn't cry at the funeral. He didn't cry on his own time.

And one day, while hanging out with his friends. He simply broke down.

• Like 2

OK, this involves a thread on another forum.

I won't mention any names etc etc, but this just begs to be analyzed.

And we know I rarely do this in this particular sub forum , but I wondered if this seemed odd to just me.

Someone posted a thread, with all kinds of childhood photos, of their kid, now an adult, saying this child of theirs, had less than a year to live.

They did it about.... Three weeks ago.

It got much attention , and even I posted.

In the last few days, the child took a turn for the worse, and as it was occuring, and I assume a hospice type situation, this parent kept posting on this thread.

When the child died, they posted, "my child just died".

Now, I get some of us get attached to our forum pals. I adore many of you here, but if my kid was dying, and just died, I don't think I would be in any frame of mine to give minute to minute updates, on my favorite forum .

After the fact, yes, but as it was occuring.... That just seems loopy to me.

I was at my mom's bedside when she died. I came home and cried for hours and my friends came over.

I wasn't posting on line. I did eventually update my online pals, but not the moment it occurred.

I kind of think it's a bull**** munchausens kind of deal.

I've seen it on livejournal with faked deaths and all of it.

There's even a Iive journal, fake live journal deaths, where they debunk them.

So, just a show of hands. If one of your kids was dying of a long drawn out suffering kind of death, would you post and post, and then post here, the moment they died...

I mean,maybe I'm just cynical, but I don't even do this when one of my cats dies.

I'm too busy holding them and mourning.

It does sound like Munchausens doesnt it? Maybe its fake, maybe its real and maybe the parent is even the cause of the illness. You never can tell in these cases.

OK, this involves a thread on another forum.

I won't mention any names etc etc, but this just begs to be analyzed.

And we know I rarely do this in this particular sub forum , but I wondered if this seemed odd to just me.

Someone posted a thread, with all kinds of childhood photos, of their kid, now an adult, saying this child of theirs, had less than a year to live.

They did it about.... Three weeks ago.

It got much attention , and even I posted.

In the last few days, the child took a turn for the worse, and as it was occuring, and I assume a hospice type situation, this parent kept posting on this thread.

When the child died, they posted, "my child just died".

Now, I get some of us get attached to our forum pals. I adore many of you here, but if my kid was dying, and just died, I don't think I would be in any frame of mine to give minute to minute updates, on my favorite forum .

After the fact, yes, but as it was occuring.... That just seems loopy to me.

I was at my mom's bedside when she died. I came home and cried for hours and my friends came over.

I wasn't posting on line. I did eventually update my online pals, but not the moment it occurred.

I kind of think it's a bull**** munchausens kind of deal.

I've seen it on livejournal with faked deaths and all of it.

There's even a Iive journal, fake live journal deaths, where they debunk them.

So, just a show of hands. If one of your kids was dying of a long drawn out suffering kind of death, would you post and post, and then post here, the moment they died...

I mean,maybe I'm just cynical, but I don't even do this when one of my cats dies.

I'm too busy holding them and mourning.

I suppose depends on the forum, if it's the kind of forum where people speak out about that sort of thing. Some people are very much electronics orientated, and don't think anything of posting up things like this. Some people wouldn't dream of doing so. People deal with death in all sorts of different ways.

I personally don't think that I would go posting on forums so soon like that. Honestly though, I have lost grandparents but no one so close to me like a kid. I don't even want to think about how devastating that would be. I imagine I would break down in some way, but sometimes people are surprised by how they react to extreme grief.

• Like 1

what do they want? overwhelming sympathy? one must know his limits... :td:

• Like 1

The number of online trolls like this I've seen in my life ... if only I had a nickel for all of them.

Iv'e been online and talking to random strange people since the 80s on Telnet, later on IRC, and other places like web forums.

I've seen hundreds of posts like the one you mention in the OP, virtually none of them turn out to be true. They're just sad lonely people who want strangers to feel something for them even if it's not real.

There have been a precious few (thankfully it's few) where someone themselves didn't have long to live and they made an announcement to a tight forum community that they were on short time, and subsequently passed away. We've saddly seen that happen here at UM to a few really good people, including one heartbreaking suicide. I still think about that person's family regularly and I know for sure it really happened.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone give a blow by blow account of losing a child on a forum, publically and know it was true. I think in most cases it is not. I could however see myself sitting in a hospital, in someone's room, and reading a posting on a forum as a distraction... would I be posting a blow by blow account of what was happening in that hospital room? No.

If its true, there is no reason to judge someone's copeing strategy or reactions. It is what it is and it's not harming anyone. If that's what gets them through the night then so be it.