Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peru's UFO investigations office to reopen

Still Waters

Peru's air force is reopening an office responsible for investigating ufos due to "increased sightings of anomalous aerial phenomena" in the country's skies.

The unit will bring together sociologists, archaeologists, astronomers, meteorologists and air force personnel to analyse these events, Vucetich told the Guardian. "Many people don't report UFO sightings because they fear they will be labelled mad or made fun of, but nowadays with new technology - cellphone videos, Facebook, Twitter - they can be much more open, without feeling that they are the only ones who have seen what they've seen," he said.

http://www.theguardi...ning?CMP=twt_gu

Peru's air force is reopening an office responsible for investigating ufos due to "increased sightings of anomalous aerial phenomena" in the country's skies.

The unit will bring together sociologists, archaeologists, astronomers, meteorologists and air force personnel to analyse these events, Vucetich told the Guardian. "Many people don't report UFO sightings because they fear they will be labelled mad or made fun of, but nowadays with new technology - cellphone videos, Facebook, Twitter - they can be much more open, without feeling that they are the only ones who have seen what they've seen," he said.

http://www.theguardi...ning?CMP=twt_gu

Isn't there already a thread on this Saru?

Isn't there already a thread on this Saru?

that was the Peruvian AF not Peru.

:w00t::innocent:

• Like 1

Fair enough. At least the departments are communicating with each other :cry:

Someone obviously feels the need to get to the bottom of it all. Unlike the US and the UK for example.

Edited by zoser

Someone obviously feels the need to get to the bottom of it all. Unlike the US and the UK for example.

the Uk and US have already arrived...maybe :)

• Like 1

Um, I think the US walked this path like 50 years ago?

Now we get Peru's Blue Book?

:lol:

I think that went over his head at about Mach 7?

• Like 1

I didn't realise there were so many reports in Peru.

Here is a short documentary regarding a 'dog fight' with a UFO:

[media=]

[/media]

The pilot (Oscar Santa Maria) fires 64 rounds of his 30mm canon and the bullets appear to pass right through the object.

The case found it's way to the US authorities. The PAF still regard this 1980 incident as one of the most credible sightings according to the documentary.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

:lol:

I think that went over his head at about Mach 7?

glad it wasnt wasted :)

• Like 1

Lance Corporal Weygandt was stationed in Peru when he was asked to report to a crash site of a mysterious aircraft shot down into a mountainside. He said it was unlike anything he had seen. After visiting the site, he was arrested and held in a cell for days.

Lance Corporal Weygandt was stationed in Peru when he was asked to report to a crash site of a mysterious aircraft shot down into a mountainside. He said it was unlike anything he had seen. After visiting the site, he was arrested and held in a cell for days.

This guy gives a very vivid description of the craft and the sensations caused by being in close proximity to a non-terrestrial craft. Well worth listening to imho.

Call me crazy, but Im expecting nothing new from all this,... I applaud the effort though.

Call me crazy, but Im expecting nothing new from all this,... I applaud the effort though.

How you approach something usually decides what you get out of it.

That's the cynicism I've been going on about Hazz.

Anyway give it a listen.

Also watch the doc on Oscar Santa Maria.

Edited by zoser

How you approach something usually decides what you get out of it.

That's the cynicism I've been going on about Hazz.

Can you blame me,... Its been 70 years of pure and utter nonsense,... fraud, forgery, deception, misrepresentation, ignorance, misinterpretations, equipment errors, out-of-date references and overlooked results that (at best) ends up with the classic unidentified flying objects.

Countries keep releasing their "UFO files" but nothing ever changes, its just more of the same ol same.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

Can you blame me,... Its been 70 years of pure and utter nonsense,... fraud, forgery, deception, misrepresentation, ignorance, misinterpretations, equipment errors, out-of-date references and overlooked results that (at best) ends up with the classic unidentified flying objects.

Countries keep releasing their "UFO files" but nothing ever changes, its just more of the same ol same.

No worries Hazz. I am frustrated too by the number of hoaxes on youtube etc.

Just listen to the two guys.

Let me know what you think and we'll have a beer later.

Hey Hazz,

curious as to what you would file the Pascagoula case and also Portage county? I dont think either falls within the intial part of your sentence i.e. deception, ignorance etc and I also feel it fails to fall into the 'classic unidentified flying objects', although I guess I would need you to define the term 'classic UFO' to be confident with my comment about it failing to to fall in this domain.

cheers

Hey Hazz,

curious as to what you would file the Pascagoula case and also Portage county? I dont think either falls within the intial part of your sentence i.e. deception, ignorance etc and I also feel it fails to fall into the 'classic unidentified flying objects', although I guess I would need you to define the term 'classic UFO' to be confident with my comment about it failing to to fall in this domain.

cheers

I just saw a small white rod shaped object moving silently and slowly. It was travelling in the same direction as a small cloud and I could see that from my perspective it was going to disappear behind it. It should have taken approx 1 minute or so to emerge from the back of this small cloud. It never did. I followed the small cloud for another 5 minutes as well as scanning the rest of the sky. The sky was mostly clear here today.

Wonder what that was? Could it have been a plane that once behind the cloud did a 90 deg turn and headed away from me?

Who knows.

First time I have seen anything curious like that for years. Can't say it was actually a UFO but close.

Edited by zoser

I just saw a small white rod shaped object moving silently and slowly. It was travelling in the same direction as a small cloud and I could see that from my perspective it was going to disappear behind it. It should have taken approx 1 minute or so to emerge from the back of this small cloud. It never did. I followed the small cloud for another 5 minutes as well as scanning the rest of the sky. The sky was mostly clear here today.

Wonder what that was? Could it have been a plane that once behind the cloud did a 90 deg turn and headed away from me?

Who knows.

First time I have seen anything curious like that for years. Can't say it was actually a UFO but close.

what and how do you mean by 'small'?

and yes it could have been a plane doing as you suggest.....I also guess the clouds were moving very slowly right?

what and how do you mean by 'small'?

and yes it could have been a plane doing as you suggest.....I also guess the clouds were moving very slowly right?

The size of a plane. Could conceivably have been a plane, but I can't work out why it never emerged from the cloud. Also it was on no normal flight path and was silent. Normally I hear planes of that size.

The cloud was fairly small so it should have emerged quickly.

Edited by zoser

The size of a plane. Could conceivably have been a plane, but I can't work out why it never emerged from the cloud. Also it was on no normal flight path and was silent. Normally I hear planes of that size.

Like you said earlier, they might have changed course,... and the lack of noise could be explained with wind direction and temperature.

Edited by Hazzard

Like you said earlier, they might have changed course,... and the lack of noise could be explained with wind direction and temperature.

Possibly.

The shame of it all was that my wife was in the kitchen at the time but thought I was joking and so never bothered to look. When I sat there for 5 minutes looking for it to emerge she realised I was serious and wished she had!

women.jpg

Edited by zoser

I didn't realise there were so many reports in Peru.

EH?

WHAT?

You spent 4 months and 650 pages claiming Peru (& Bolivia) had been filled with Aliens building everything, and now....NOW, youre in shock that Peru has some people saying they have seen some things in the sky?

Bloody hell zoser, make your mind up

I withdraw my questions, you seem to have enough on your plate, plus they are off topic.

Edited by quillius

EH?

WHAT?

You spent 4 months and 650 pages claiming Peru (& Bolivia) had been filled with Aliens building everything, and now....NOW, youre in shock that Peru has some people saying they have seen some things in the sky?

epic_fail_Epic_Fails_s420x420_48808_580-s420x420-111774.jpg

epic_fail_Epic_Fails_s420x420_48808_580-s420x420-111774.jpg

Not seeing it?

EH?

WHAT?

UFO's in modern times seeder. Come on get with it man.

I withdraw my questions, you seem to have enough on your plate, plus they are off topic.

Yeh perhaps better stick to the Peru sightings. Far more interesting really.