Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military using 'spy rocks' for surveillance

UM-Bot

Lockheed Martin have showcased a new spying mechanism that is small enough to fit inside a rock.

The new surveillance system known as SPAN (Self-Powered Ad-hoc Network) was revealed at the annual AUSA Army meeting in Washington, DC. The sophisticated self-powered mechanism is able to provide a wireless sensor system so small that it can fit inside a rock.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256938/military-using-spy-rocks-for-surveillance

• Like 1

I wonder what customs would do were I to try to bring one of these into Vietnam. "But sir, it's just a rock."

• Like 1

Hey look. Instead of black widow, black rock.

It's nice that they can find jobs for all these old pet rocks that have been abandoned...

Omg Lmao!!!!!!

• Like 1

These ideas must get eroded over time.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

• Like 2

Shoot, I heard about this years ago, I think it was a Moscow park incident. Though I'm sure this is more advanced.

But I could never figure-out why we disclose such things. STUPID!

For border patrol issues, I guess I'm OK with that... so many rocks.

You want people to know they're being observed at the border and such so these are really only intended for espionage. Honesty from goverment agencies would be refreshing once in a while, but that's probably a total pipe dream. We will just have to mistrust everything they do instead and it's thier own fault.

When I saw this piece of news, I get the image of government officials all over the world are now turning over rocks. Great way to get them to clean up yards and remove nasty boulders. XD

• Like 2

Now I can't even feel safe wandering around the woods behind my house, which are bordered on 3 sides by rock walls.

• Like 1

It will be when the rocks start to move that I will be totally weirded out.

• Like 2

I knew I should have patented the idea when I used rocks years ago.

• Like 1

Well over here in my part of the world, 'they' have branch cams.....yup, real live dead branch cams...to spy on the dope growers :)

• Like 1

Well over here in my part of the world, 'they' have branch cams.....yup, real live dead branch cams...to spy on the dope growers :)

You just gave it away.. all the dope growers are buying chainsaws now!

• Like 1