Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

60 Minutes -- Benghazi Attack

Kowalski

Well, it's about time....though they made no mention of the gun running that was going on for the past year there, but, hey it's mainstream media..... :)

Link: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=0LATmPawQR4

This is a good watch though....

Here's some links about the gun running going on at Benghazi:

Link: http://www.telegraph...s-attacked.html

Link: http://www.thenewame...out-gun-running

Link: http://www.wnd.com/2...ng-in-benghazi/

Benghazi wasn't the first time unauthorized gun-running schemes initiated by the Obama administration have cost American lives. Indeed, the Obama administration — though it has publicly attacked America's gun laws for American civilians as not restrictive enough — has a long history of gun-running. The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (still known as ATF) gave some 2,000 high-powered weapons to Mexican-based drug cartels in 2009 and then lost track of the guns. The death toll from weapons used in the ATF program (dubbed “Fast and Furious”), according to the Dallas Morning News, is “more than 200 deaths to Fast and Furious weapons,” and it is continuing to rise. Among the dead was U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul noticed this pattern back in May: “The Islamic radicals who attacked Benghazi were the same people let loose by the US-led attack on Libya. They were the rebels on whose behalf the US overthrew the Libyan government. Ambassador Stevens was slain by the same Islamic radicals he personally assisted just over one year earlier.” The former congressman added: “The real lesson of Benghazi will not be learned because neither Republicans nor Democrats want to hear it. But it is our interventionist foreign policy and its unintended consequences that have created these problems, including the attack and murder of Ambassador Stevens. The disputed talking points and White House whitewashing are just a sideshow.”

Edited by Kowalski

yup. Give old stock from Libya to Syrian Rebels while we get all the contracts to re-supply Libya. Win-win. But then it backfires. A Libyan militia/religious faction that considered many of those weapons theirs OR didn't like who we were selling them to got p***ed and attacked our CIA compound, aka "diplomatic mission", killing everyone they could.

That sum it up?

• Like 1

yup. Give old stock from Libya to Syrian Rebels while we get all the contracts to re-supply Libya. Win-win. But then it backfires. A Libyan militia/religious faction that considered many of those weapons theirs OR didn't like who we were selling them to got p***ed and attacked our CIA compound, aka "diplomatic mission", killing everyone they could.

That sum it up?

And NOTHING was or ever will be, done about it. How'd you like to be an ambassador in an unfriendly country these days? And the sob in the whitehouse just steps over the bodies and waits to be coronated the second time... but I hear Karma's a b****.
  • Like 1

"What difference at this point, does it make?"

~ Hillary Clinton ~

• Like 2

"What difference at this point, does it make?"

~ Hillary Clinton ~

When she runs she'll probably win - unless the ACA really sticks to the dems. But at least she may have to twist in the wind a bit over that quote. If we elect her then America deserves EVERYTHING she does in return.
  • Like 1

Granted that Hillary Clinton is a known Shapeshifter and possible Reptilian, I don't want to sound racist but shouldn't we care about that just a little bit?

• Like 2

I've noticed that in any number of speeches about GIGANTIC mistakes that have been made, the President likes to say... "Make no mistake...."

And then he tells a whopper.

Like this whole Benghazi massacre.... "Make no mistake...

"We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act," President Barack Obama said. "And make no mistake, justice will be done."

The fact that no Benghazi suspects are listed as part of the State Department’s "Rewards for Justice" program is more evidence that the Obama White House wants to minimize the terrorism angle in that attack, according to the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/29/rewards-for-justice-program/?intcmp=latestnews

The fact is, justice has not been done. Horrible mistakes were made, starting with Hillary Clinton and her decision not to provide the needed security that was requested.

That's WHY it matters Hillary. At this point and forever.

• Like 2

I've noticed that in any number of speeches about GIGANTIC mistakes that have been made, the President likes to say... "Make no mistake...."

And then he tells a whopper.

Like this whole Benghazi massacre.... "Make no mistake...

"We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act," President Barack Obama said. "And make no mistake, justice will be done."

The fact that no Benghazi suspects are listed as part of the State Department’s "Rewards for Justice" program is more evidence that the Obama White House wants to minimize the terrorism angle in that attack, according to the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

http://www.foxnews.c...tcmp=latestnews

The fact is, justice has not been done. Horrible mistakes were made, starting with Hillary Clinton and her decision not to provide the needed security that was requested.

That's WHY it matters Hillary. At this point and forever.

Yes it does matter.

They knew the security in that place was completely inadequate, and they knew they would be attacked because Al-Qeada had made threats online saying they would attack the Red Cross, the British, and then the Americans. And Al Qeada did each of those things! They knew this was coming. They were warned for months this was going to happen. And the whole, "This was a protest over a YouTube video...." was a complete lie! This was a very organized attack that had been planned for months!

The Americans who rushed to help that night went without asking for permission and the lingering question is why no larger military response ever crossed the border into Libya -- something Greg Hicks realized wasn't going to happen just an hour into the attack.

Lara Logan: You have this conversation with the defense attache. You ask him what military assets are on their way. And he says--

Greg Hicks: Effectively, they're not. And I-- for a moment, I just felt lost. I just couldn't believe the answer. And then I made the call to the Annex chief, and I told him, "Listen, you've gotta tell those guys there may not be any help coming.

Lara Logan: That's a tough thing to understand. Why?

Greg Hicks: It just is. We--, for us, for the people that go out onto the edge, to represent our country, we believe that if we get in trouble, they're coming to get us. That our back is covered. To hear that it's not, it's a terrible, terrible experience.

Link: http://www.cbsnews.c...hazi/?pageNum=3

BTW, I like your name and avatar. :)

Edited by Kowalski

Yes it does matter.

They knew the security in that place was completely inadequate, and they knew they would be attacked because Al-Qeada had made threats online saying they would attack the Red Cross, the British, and then the Americans. And Al Qeada did each of those things! They knew this was coming. They were warned for months this was going to happen. And the whole, "This was a protest over a YouTube video...." was a complete lie! This was a very organized attack that had been planned for months!

Link: http://www.cbsnews.c...hazi/?pageNum=3

BTW, I like your name and avatar. :)

What makes you say that security was inadequate?

There was more security there than some bases in Afghanistan...

yet they could not protect 4 ppl, and it was NOT out of the blue attack that lasted 10 seconds.

so what is all that " more security there than some bases in Afghanistan" worth??? not much if you ask ambassador and his crew.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

yet they could not protect 4 ppl, and it was NOT out of the blue attack that lasted 10 seconds.

so what is all that " more security there than some bases in Afghanistan" worth??? not much if you ask ambassador and his crew.

Very rarely is an attack out of the blue. There is almost always intelligence that is usually not very accurate. You people just go about your lives and only care when something bad happens. 99% of the population is reactive as opposed to pro-active, and instances like this prove that.

not sure what your point is, but whatever the reason is the security was not adecuate, it failed. 4ppl died. that is all there is to it.

btw i like your YOU PEOPLE. comment, you have clear division in your mind, you (that knows everything better) and them ( or us that don't know jack, and have no idea what they talking about) ,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Yes, people die during attacks. Who are you to say the security was not adequate? I compare it to a base in Afghanistan, because they do just fine protecting themselves on a daily basis. You cannot predict such a large scale attack. Again, you are going to say "but the intelligence". Well I have been on the wrong end of some crazy intelligence. "Your base is going to come under the attack of 400-800 taliban armed with RPG's, Dishkas, PKM's and AK-47's." Most intelligence is crap.

lol.

if security failed it is not adequate by defenition. and it did fail, big time.

but i'm interested to see how you'll twist it to show that 4 dead and 10 wounded, is an indicator of adequate security. lol, i really am.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Yes, people die during attacks. Who are you to say the security was not adequate? I compare it to a base in Afghanistan, because they do just fine protecting themselves on a daily basis. You cannot predict such a large scale attack. Again, you are going to say "but the intelligence". Well I have been on the wrong end of some crazy intelligence. "Your base is going to come under the attack of 400-800 taliban armed with RPG's, Dishkas, PKM's and AK-47's." Most intelligence is crap.

Watch the video. The guy who was training the guards, repeatedly said, these guards are gonna run at the first sign of trouble, you need to get them out of here, and he said it over, and over again. Tons of requests were made for new guards, and not once were the requests granted, and no one knows why. When you destabilize a country, by taking their leader out, and putting in Islamic militant radicals, and the county's going to s*** you protect your ambassador and guys there.

And, I would like to add, there were plenty of reports coming in saying that Al Qeada was going to attack the compound....yet more security was not added, nor did they pull the ambassador and his men, out. Why?

Lara Logan: You also kept saying, "If this place is attacked these guys are not going to stand and fight?"

Morgan Jones: Yeah. I used to say it all the time. Yeah, in the end I got quite bored of hearing my own voice saying it.

Andy Wood: We had one option: "Leave Benghazi or you will be killed."

Green Beret Commander, Lieutenant Colonel Andy Wood, was one of the top American security officials in Libya. Based in Tripoli, he met with Amb. Stevens every day.

The last time he went to Benghazi was in June, just three months before the attack. While he was there, al Qaeda tried to assassinate the British ambassador. Wood says, to him, it came as no surprise because al Qaeda -- using a familiar tactic -- had stated their intent in an online posting, saying they would attack the Red Cross, the British and then the Americans in Benghazi.

Lara Logan: And you watched as they--

Andy Wood: As they did each one of those.

Lara Logan: --attacked the Red Cross and the British mission. And the only ones left--

Andy Wood: Were us. They made good on two out of the three promises. It was a matter of time till they captured the third one.

Lara Logan: And Washington was aware of that?

Andy Wood: They knew we monitored it. We included that in our reports to both State Department and DOD.

Andy Wood told us he raised his concerns directly with Amb. Stevens three months before the U.S. compound was overrun.

Andy Wood: I made it known in a country team meeting, "You are gonna get attacked. You are gonna get attacked in Benghazi. It's gonna happen. You need to change your security profile."

Andy Wood: --"Shut down operations. Move out temporarily. Ch-- or change locations within the city. Do something to break up the profile because you are being targeted. They are-- they are-- they are watching you. The attack cycle is such that they're in the final planning stages."

Lara Logan: Wait a minute, you said, "They're in the final planning stages of an attack on the American mission in Benghazi"?

Andy Wood: It was apparent to me that that was the case. Reading, reading all these other, ah, attacks that were occurring, I could see what they were staging up to, it was, it was obvious.

Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57609479/60-minutes-benghazi/?pageNum=2

• Like 1

You don't have to take aztek's word for it... You'll recall that just after this report came out Hillary got a nosebleed and fainted.

(CNN) -- Terrorists in Benghazi, Libya, "essentially walked right into the Benghazi compound unimpeded and set it ablaze," a special Senate report on the September 11 attack that killed a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans says.

The bipartisan report, "Flashing Red: A Special Report on the Terrorist Attack at Benghazi," released Monday by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs, cites "extremely poor security in a threat environment that was 'flashing red.' "

The State Department comes in for the major portion of blame for failing to respond to, even ignoring, repeated requests from U.S. staff in Benghazi for more security resources, especially more personnel.

In her preface to the Senate report, Sen. Susan Collins, ranking member of the committee, says the committee also found fault with the intelligence community, the Defense Department, the Obama administration and Congress.

"While the Defense Department attempted to mobilize its resources quickly, it had neither the personnel nor other assets close enough to reach Benghazi in a timely fashion," Collins says.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/31/politics/benghazi-senate-investigation/

• Like 3

You don't have to take aztek's word for it... You'll recall that just after this report came out Hillary got a nosebleed and fainted.

http://www.cnn.com/2...-investigation/

I don't care about a Senate report. They had security. The amount of the security was in line with bases of its size. You don't think every single person located in a hostile country would like more security? If things were different, this thread would be about how many millions are being spent to secure an embassy..

I don't care about a Senate report.

you don't care about report, you don't care about reality, that 4 ppl died, and compaund was not protected or moved, even thou it was not unknown attack will happen.

and you still trying to convice us that security was adequate????

lol, in light of that, how many ppl here do you think, take what you say seriously???

Edited by aztek

you don't care about report, you don't care about reality, that 4 ppl died, and compaund was not protected or moved, even thou it was not unknown attack will happen.

and you still trying to convice us that security was adequate????

lol, in light of that, how many ppl here do you think, take what you say seriously???

Newsflash...a base in Afghanistan might get attacked this month! Time to up and move out! Do you realize how silly that seems? You can't change with every intelligence report. That would be expensive, and logistically impossible. Four people died..yes, that sucks. It was also four people that knew the dangers that come with the job, much like Soldiers do.

Newsflash...a base in Afghanistan might get attacked this month! Time to up and move out! Do you realize how silly that seems? You can't change with every intelligence report. That would be expensive, and logistically impossible. Four people died..yes, that sucks. It was also four people that knew the dangers that come with the job, much like Soldiers do.

One of them a US Ambassador. That USED to mean something in this world - as in - "you really don't want to do that". NOW, under this administration, nothing is done at all to bring the killers to justice. There is a price to be paid when a nation shows weakness - always has been.
  • Like 2

lol, ok, whatever you say,

• Like 1

Trying to compare a embassy compound at Benghazi to others, or bases in Afghanistan, is like trying to compare apples and oranges....The country was completely destabilized and going down the tubes, with radical Islamic militants, that we helped overthrow Gaddaffi with, in power, and they turned on us to know ones great surprise except for the idiots in power.

You can't compare the two. To do so, shows your lack of knowledge on this subject. And I will take the word of people who were actually at Benghazi and in Libya, like Greg Hicks, Andy Wood, and Morgan Jones who were actually there, over the word of staunch Obama supporter on the internet. They say security was inadequate for a embassy in such a "hot zone". The guards, were not prepared for such an assualt. The administration and DOD KNEW all this. And they did nothing.

And then Obama and Hillary lied about what happened at Benghazi, saying it was a protest over a anti Mohammed film on YouTube! They knew perfectly good and well, that's not what happened, but they said that because the election was coming up....Obama let those guys die because it was politically expedient....Now I ask you, you defend this type of behavior in a President? You think this is exceptable? I'm sorry but I have higher standards....