Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A short of opinion of the clergy in a certain

ambelamba

I am not gonna tell which religion I am talking about.

Maybe it's just me but many members of the clergy in this religion look like they are unemployable to any other job field, including flipping burgers.

Heck, even many Catholic priests do look preppy. Some of them look like they belong to Fortune 500 executive chairs. But these 'clerics' look they got picked up straight outta the Skid Row in downtown LA.

If you can't/won't tell us what group of religious leaders look incapable of employment outside their religious order, there's no way to discuss the topic.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Would they be members of a certain religion that mandates the number of times they need to pray each day?

It's Islam. (sigh)

Ninja Edit: I was in the USAF, the most shallow branch in the US military. :D Everyone should look presentable in the Air Force. I got this mentality and the good look gene in my family(not kidding) fueled my shallowness. I am a regular extra on a long-running TV medical drama with McDreamy. Go figure. :(

Edited by ambelamba

So having a long beard disqualifies a person from flipping burgers (or any other profession)? Add to this that there are sheikh's with no beards, and sheikh's with well trimmed beards. Oh, add in that some of the largest beards I've ever seen were on construction workers and other blue collar tradies (not Muslim ones, either).

In short I agree with your self appraisal as "shallow" if you think a beard makes someone unemployable. Oh, PS - I have a full-face beard. No one's stopped my employment because of it (I left my job as a school teacher to look after my mum fulltime).

Or are you just trolling to get a reaction about your opinion?

• Like 2

I am sorry if I cause any misunderstanding.

No, it's about their totally unkempt look, not really about beard itself. Usually, the state of grooming AND hygiene can tell a lot about people. Those clerics have things in common : angry and unkempt looks with aura of rage.

I've met Muslim clerics. Not all were unkempt, and none of them were angry (they were very personable people).

Oh, are you stereotyping Muslim clerics by the extreme ones you see yelling "Allahu Akbar" at television cameras in the wake of a terrorist attack? They represent a minority yet you seem to have taken them as the majority.

I've met Muslim clerics. Not all were unkempt, and none of them were angry (they were very personable people).

Oh, are you stereotyping Muslim clerics by the extreme ones you see yelling "Allahu Akbar" at television cameras in the wake of a terrorist attack? They represent a minority yet you seem to have taken them as the majority.

Thanks for reminding me. I mean, really. I keep forgetting that Muslims come in all different forms just like Christians. Just for the humor, I always wondered why those radical ones always look like either angry homeless/straight outta Patton State Hospital or tech support dept. nerds.

BTW, this reminds me of this one British Muslim cleric whose worst act is to protest the Royal Family, and he loves to show his children The Lion King.

I am sorry to tell you, but I did have some unpleasant encounters with Arab Muslims. :( They were all fierce hagglers in my parents' store. Sometimes to a very unreasonable degree. And my father was a construction engineer in Saudi Arabia for years and years, and unfortunately this really hardened his hatred of Arab Muslims. He and other engineers were constantly deceived and ripped off by their Arabic employers back in the 70s. My father, a marginal Catholic who is active in the church just to get a good graveyard, came to believe that Islam is the worst religion thanks to his firsthand experience.

In my case, things were better. But I quickly realized that there's this collective anger issue among Arabs, Muslim or not. Psychologists suggest that harsher climate always brings up the bad temperament among people, and guess where they are from: Some of the least hospitable places in the planet.

One funny thing is that many Iranians ditch Islam once they move to Europe. Makes me think. I saw a bunch of photos of pre-Revolution Iran. It was a beautiful place with all the beautiful Persian women. And some angry bearded dude with a thing for pedophilia led the revolution to ruin things.

But I quickly realized that there's this collective anger issue among Arabs, Muslim or not.

I'd imagine it has to do with being constantly looked at as a terrorist.

I'd be a bit curmugeonly too.

I'd imagine it has to do with being constantly looked at as a terrorist.

I'd be a bit curmugeonly too.

I think it has more to do with this collective sense of defeat to the West since 19th century.

OK, folks. Wanna hear something amusing and depressing at the same time? One guy who worked with me on a commercial told that someone, an Arab girl, left a Ferrari in front of his West Hollywood condo for two months and never took it back. And he told me that it's nothing compared to all those Arabs in West LA do. Surely depressing as hell. And cherry on top, those Arab kids waste Cristal like tapwater...according to a friend of mine who's a stylist for celebs... :(

I dont see how it's depressing, it's their money.

They're spending it at businesses, making money for other people. And cristal tastes awful, it should be wasted.

continuing to refer to an entire group of races as "Arabs" though, not going to gain you legitimacy points

• Like 1

I dont see how it's depressing, it's their money.

They're spending it at businesses, making money for other people. And cristal tastes awful, it should be wasted.

continuing to refer to an entire group of races as "Arabs" though, not going to gain you legitimacy points

I know...sorry for being too lazy and bunch up a diverse group of people in a generic term...

And many people hate them out of jealousy. In my case, their opulent behavior is just...baffling and alien. I represent a certain faction of Korean culture that vilifies the expression of wealth. Mixed with some stoic form of Catholic influence, I became a person that flaunting wealth is a very alien behavior.

But I'd love to get myself a BMW i8, which requires a home charger, which requires a house with a garage. :(

Edited by ambelamba

Its just cultural differences then, these guys are embracing the consumer culture we promote, and capitalism.

I'm a cheap b****** myself, But i don't really care much what anyone else does with their stuff

You really cannot judge a book by its cover. My brother in law is worth many of millions of dollars and mixes with many people of power and influence from australia nad overseas he lives in a multimillion dollar home, yet when hecomes home from a day on one of his many oyster farms he looks like a hobo. That's his sensible work attire for such a job. Last year he sold over 5 million oysters at about 50 cents each. and two oyster leases for a quarter of a million each.