Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Civil War 'ghost' captured on camera

Brian Topp

][/b]

ghostly figure, supposedly the spirit of a dead soldier from a key battle in the English Civil War, has been captured on film by a group of paranormal enthusiasts.

To read more and see the photo: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2401393/English-Civil-War-ghost-captured-on-film-by-paranormal-enthusiasts.html

Please note, I am a skeptic, i am posting this for conversational purposes.

• Like 2

Sorry to go off topic, but what caught my eye was that baby sloth to the right of the article. I love those bizarre creatures. So darn weird, just like me.

Carry on...

• Like 2

ARH MAN!! is this the same paranormal team as on the other thread? how bad is that pic!!!

Bottom left in the grass...there is a miniature wizard, how did they miss that??

• Like 1

When we saw it.. we were gobsmacked.

“If this is genuine it’s a very, very, good example. It’s the best I have seen for many years.”

Oh dear. I have formed a mental picture of these folks. It's not pleasant.

I too was much more impressed by the tiny wizard...

• Like 3

Vaguely human shaped blob is captured in background of crappy quality photo. Some twit suggests its a ghost. Some other twit then describes it as the best ghost photo he's ever seen. Before you know it, said blob becomes news story in respected newspaper.

Completely ridiculous.

• Like 4

Why does the picture look like a bad watercolor painting? Oh, yeah. They had to manipulate the heck out of it to find the "ghost". CREEPY!

• Like 3

.... actually if you close your eyes and imagine absolutely nothing you see a clearer picture.

• Like 4

Trick of light and shadow, nothing more. Pretty grainy too, what was it shot with, a 1.2 megapixel camera?

Trick of light and shadow, nothing more. Pretty grainy too, what was it shot with, a 1.2 megapixel camera?

Probably shot with a modern 10+ megapixel camera but we'll never see the original unmodified picture. Websites that report ghost photos never supply the original photos. They're either fluff stories from the likes of the Daily Mail (or sadly in this case the Telegraph) that have no interest in providing you with the proper evidence because that's not what they're about, it's just a dumb story to fill column inches, or its from a website that is run by someone with no idea that resizing, recompressing, etc. a photo might alter it in ways that those genuinely interested won't find useful (stripped out EXIF data, downsizing it and losing detail, adding more JPEG artefacts, etc.)

The kind of people typically reporting these pics don't know (or care about) the difference between the 10 megapixel image that came straight off the camera's memory card and a 0.3 megapixel 640x480 heavily compressed version saved for web use. It's frustrating for those of us who actually want to examine ghost images when we've got nothing but this kind of lousy quality crap.

• Like 2

Very cool that place is filled with ghosts.when my friend was small they went to Gettysburg his dad saw a ghost

Very cool that place is filled with ghosts.when my friend was small they went to Gettysburg his dad saw a ghost

You deduced that this particular field between two villages in England is "filled with ghosts" based upon the OP article that contained a single poor quality 'enhanced' photo of exaggerated background objects and sensor noise?

Or do you know something about this particular field that we don't?