Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The werewolf demon of London

UM-Bot

Ritoban Mukherjee: The only reason the stories of werewolves don't seem much credible to me is that they are very ancient ones, dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries. These cases can be denied considering the superstitious nature of the people in those days and the backwardness of science. But today I have, after a lot of tireless research, found out a very convincing account of a true werewolf, as recent as 1983, and investigated by famous demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren. Moreover, this isn't just a case of lycanthropy, but of demonic possession as well. Curious? Here I present you the hair-raising account of the true Werewolf Demon of London, one of the most intriguing investigations of the Warrens.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Thanks,that was a very good article.By the way,I remember seeing this same man on an american tv show, but I can't for the life of me recall what was called.The whole story is really strange. It doesn't seem like he played with an ouija board or anything like that,so how he got possed is beyond me. But definetly a very scary story.

• Like 1

Not sure why this is werewolf connected. Demonic possession by itself produces all the violent actions the poor man suffered. Not sure where the heart pains come in however. Maybe he had a heart attack, which provided a window for possession by a demon that had followed him for years?

• Like 1

Thanks,that was a very good article.By the way,I remember seeing this same man on an american tv show, but I can't for the life of me recall what was called.The whole story is really strange. It doesn't seem like he played with an ouija board or anything like that,so how he got possed is beyond me. But definetly a very scary story.

He got possessed for the first time in childhood, and children are more vulnerable to oppression by negativity as they are less psychologically powerful. I guess that explains it. By the way I am Ritoban Mukherjee, the columnist of this article. Thanks for the lovely comment.

Edited by PrincePetropia

Not sure why this is werewolf connected. Demonic possession by itself produces all the violent actions the poor man suffered. Not sure where the heart pains come in however. Maybe he had a heart attack, which provided a window for possession by a demon that had followed him for years?

He was first possessed when he was of 9 years. What about when he saw flashes of himself as a wolf in his mind when he was 9?

He was first possessed when he was of 9 years. What about when he saw flashes of himself as a wolf in his mind when he was 9?

That could still easily be demonic only. If the child thought of the most savage creature he could think of and that was a wolf (As in many children's stories) then he may have imagined himself as a wolf. He could just as easily thought of a tiger, or an ogre, or some kind of evil ghost. I my opinion having a wolf invovled does not automatically make it a werewolf involvement.

Also werewolf usually implys an ongoing affliction, while this appears to only be two events seperated by many years.

It is a very interensting and frightening article however and I thank you for posting it.

Edited by DieChecker

A mental condition would also explain the symptoms. But I'd imagine it would also show up a lot more often.

They did send him to a psych unit. I don't remember if it was stated what they found.

A mental condition would also explain the symptoms. But I'd imagine it would also show up a lot more often.

They did send him to a psych unit. I don't remember if it was stated what they found.

Different beliefs I guess, I tend to not trust the Warrens

• 2 weeks later...

ASt the Runwell Hospital Ramsey was detained for 28 days for tests. He admitted that he often had these episodes of possession when he drooled, snarled, growled, walked on all fours, and felt strange at the Church

ASt the Runwell Hospital Ramsey was detained for 28 days for tests. He admitted that he often had these episodes of possession when he drooled, snarled, growled, walked on all fours, and felt strange at the Church

That sounds more like being a werewolf then. But such was not in the original article, which is all I originally had to go on. :tu:

Id still say manic spells brought on by stress of being at the church when he had come to believe he'd been possesed

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Crackin article

Demonopathy, and Lycanthropy. I live for the day these terms are used in every dislcaimer in the cover sleave of every traditional religous text.

Surgeon General Warning: Excessive study of certain chapters while under the influence of low blood sugar, above average carbohydrate consumption, and prolonged abstinence from sexual release. May result in an increased likleyhood of Demonopathy, and Lycanthropy.

Edited by Bramley
  • Like 1