Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the legendary El Chupacabra?

Commander CMG

• The townsfolk of quiet Picayune, Mississippi are keeping their distance from a hairless, menacing-looking creature that's taken up residence in their yards
  • The bald beast looks remarkably like El Chupacabra, a legendary creature known as the 'goat sucker'
  • The story of El Chupacabra began in Puerto Rico when farmers began to find their goats dead and drained of all their blood

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

No, it looks like a hairless dog.

Edited by Princess Serenity
  • Like 3

No, it looks like a hairless dog.

Indeed, unfortunately the original Chup's story has been diluted so much over the years that for many this is the real deal.

• Like 6

Why yes, I find that sickly, starved creature exhibiting passive/terrified body language extremely menacing. Someone save us!

I fear letting my 100 pound German Shepherd outside, lest he be mauled and exsanguinated by that powerful awful creature.

• Like 1

Like all most every cryptid image, this is nothing more than a whale photographed from an odd angle.

Compare with this image:

MDSC9743_800.jpg

Clearly the same animal/

• Like 1

What happened to the good old days when the chupacabra was spiny reptilian alien?

Seriously, how did the original stories devolve into this?

• Like 2

'fraid I am going with the mangey dog here (shouldn't it be "La Chupacabra" rather than "El Chupacabra"?)

We seriously need to find a new name for these mangy canids. Americabra?

• Like 1

The poor dog looks starving. Maybe instead of the townfolk keeping their distance to this (quite obviously) hungry hairless dog, they could give it some food and maybe help him.

Would not surprise me if they would let it starve because they believe it is something from a legend.

These townfolk need to be told about Google images, there are loads of pictures of hairless dogs, this one is just another one of them.

Indeed, unfortunately the original Chup's story has been diluted so much over the years that for many this is the real deal.

Yes and that's sad.

Everything is a freaking La Chupacabra!

• Like 1

Further evidence that 24x7 access to knowledge does not result in common sense by the witnesses...

What happened to the good old days when the chupacabra was spiny reptilian alien?

Seriously, how did the original stories devolve into this?

Someone ran across a coyote with mange, someone labeled it Chupa and it's continued since.

Further evidence that 24x7 access to knowledge does not result in common sense by the witnesses...

Believe me when I tell you that common sense and the town of Picayune do not go together, EVER. I have been convinced for a long time that once you pass the Pearl River County line, which is where Picayune is, that your brain automatically shrinks.

Mike

• Like 1

Funny, when I was growing up in Mississippi (not far from Picayune - it's hardly a sleepy little town by the way) and somebody saw a mangy old dog like this they'd just shoot it and be done with it.

Its deffinitly the kinder way to deal with it.

whats strange to me is, if you truly believe this to be some legendary monster that is known for sucking the blood out of things...DOn't you try to kill/catch it anyways?

I also have to take issue with articles that make it sound like an entire population is fearful of this or that. Like Mississippians can't tell a mangy known creature from some legendary monster. I don't buy it. They find the few exceptions to interview to make a story. It doesn't mean the locals are fooled.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Funny, when I was growing up in Mississippi (not far from Picayune - it's hardly a sleepy little town by the way) and somebody saw a mangy old dog like this they'd just shoot it and be done with it.

Yeah, thats basically what I would have done. Along with most everyone else I know. What part of MS did you grow up in if you don't mind me asking?

Mike

I gets around

Thats funny, I don't think I have met you.

Mike

Yeah, thats basically what I would have done. Along with most everyone else I know. What part of MS did you grow up in if you don't mind me asking?

Mike

Thats funny, I don't think I have met you.

Mike

Just south of Hattiesburg - near Camp Shelby.

El Chupacabra has changed from early reports of an actual cryptid described as having pointing spines downs its back and having a proboscis for sucking out livers through a small incision, to any mangy old dog. In fact any creature with mange is now apparently a Chupacabra. :angry: