Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ET language

Jacko2

I am in the air about whether we discovered or invented maths.

Either way, it still has to be the first step toward an Industrial Revolution I would think. It takes us from being hunter gatherers, and gives us skills to farm for a community.

I would think discovered from my personal point of view. No matter the language, 1 = 1 = 2 no matter where you are.

• Like 2

Either way, it still has to be the first step toward an Industrial Revolution I would think. It takes us from being hunter gatherers, and gives us skills to farm for a community.

I would think discovered from my personal point of view. No matter the language, 1 = 1 = 2 no matter where you are.

Still, when we say that one plus one equals two, we are using language, which we did invent. That we use symbols instead to describe things is really just a form of language.

What gives me pause about that is of course that maths seem to have their own power.

Still, when we say that one plus one equals two, we are using language, which we did invent. That we use symbols instead to describe things is really just a form of language.

I can agree with that, the symbols still add up to 1 + 1 = 2 not matter if we using writing, fingers, or sticks. More a description that a structured language in that sense.

What gives me pause about that is of course that maths seem to have their own power.

It always gave me comfort that Math tends to resolve ! :D

Guys, don't egg him on, he's an idiot promoting a useless book.

I don't think it is the posters somehow.............. ;)

Psych, are you trying to get Jacko to spit out some more nouns to see what other crap he can make up? He's already demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge on everything including how to use Google.

Psych, are you trying to get Jacko to spit out some more nouns to see what other crap he can make up? He's already demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge on everything including how to use Google.

I was more enjoying the bandying of ideas between Frank and I, I doubt Jacko has much to say to me. FTB's tend to fear and avoid me in general. That is why he is having a spit about what is on topic, it's not agreeing with him. I was disappointed that White Unicorn did not return, that discussion was going quite well I thought.

I don't know much about the subject. But I can speculate that alien languages might be IT-friendly and probably 'engineered' to make the speakers think in a logical and reasonable manner.

Being a bilingual person, I often compare my two languages. My native language is lack of any kind of logical grammar system. And I believe that this has had some really nasty influence on my native culture, Korean.

So let's recap this thread.

We have a con artist trying to push a book that makes enormous unfounded claims with no evidence to back them up. And for reasons I suspect, he's also pushing the Hebrew is the key root of Mayan, Inca, English/German, Coptic, Arabic, Siamese, Bone Script, Eskayan, Indus/Harappa, etc. despite some of these scripts predating Hebrew. The latest claim is that the Hebrew alphabet is a Fibonacci sequence, with a side trip to demonstrate a complete ignorance of the Mormon faith. Again demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of basic statistics, he applies the Fibonacci sequence in the same manner the Bible code is applied to scriptures, which happens to work equally well on "Moby Dick", "War and Peace", or any other long manuscript.

Have I missed anything?

YES, THE POINT!

YES, THE POINT!

What point? He's lied about everything, therefore there is no point (except maybe his pointy head). Please elaborate if you can pull anything constructive out of this crap as I'm sure the community would be interested, assuming it's not more of the same claptrap.

Edited by Kahn

Khan, I won't be getting into an argument over the point jacko2 was making as you seem to have missed it already!

But here's a point I will make.. The thread 'Why I think extraterrestrial life must be an inevitable fact of the universe'...

You're post #114.. (You didn't seem to say much on that thread) & my own post #119... Maybe you'll get this point?

Neither is an argument, just observation. Do you actually have a point to make, or are you just trolling?

I have read some of your posts & I'll let the viewers decide who's a troll & who's not not. End of conversation

No evidence to back anything you say combined with self-righteous indignation. Sounds like another troll I know.

Edited by Kahn

I was more enjoying the bandying of ideas between Frank and I, I doubt Jacko has much to say to me. FTB's tend to fear and avoid me in general. That is why he is having a spit about what is on topic, it's not agreeing with him. I was disappointed that White Unicorn did not return, that discussion was going quite well I thought.

I'm back. I like the forums to bring up subjects that make all of us THINK to discover the deeper truth in matters :)

Math is a universal language. It would be the ultimate way to communicate between different civilizations of the past and future. A good method of preserving knowledge would be to contain codes within a sacred texts which would be preserved for a future generations to discover even if it were beyond the popular understanding in that time period. I believe that some other old writings also contain such "time capsule" hidden codes besides Hebrew.

Like the OP mentioned some of the older Hebrew writings do contain formulas that are truly amazing. He went way off with other speculations from a book. I would like to think it is just excitement of new ideas for him to consider, but it doesn't validate all the wild speculations!

The way out the suggestions of the ET origination of codes, whether you are talking a modern code used in WWII or discovered hidden codes in ancient writings, they all need more serious research. They are valuable to us in discovering more history if nothing else about the civilation or civilizations that created them.

Speculations sometimes spark serious researchers' curiosity to study a subject. Even if they set out to debunk, they may discover something more valuable than the exagerated speculations!

Personally, I don't care if it was ET, a god, a pre existing civilation. or what ever. If a hidden code is discovered within a text it is important to us to dicipher it and understand what it meant in whatever time frame it came from.

Separate the dross from the gold ...throw out the BS you find but don't accidently throw out the gold in the process :)

• Like 1

Math is a universal language, but it is not the root of written language.

To suggest however that Hebrew is the root of all languages, including those that predate Hebrew is the worst ethnocentricity has to offer. The same perversion of science that gave us Eugenics and the master race. We see this crop up periodically in multiculturalism when one social group wants to display dominance over another, instead of accepting the fact that technological progress is a web of interaction that is not determined by anything besides the interactions known to have occurred before it.

This tread has nothing redeeming, unlike several threads already going on elsewhere on these forums (see http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257654&st=75), as the OP has posted so many blatant lies as to taint the entire discussion.

• Like 1

I'm back. I like the forums to bring up subjects that make all of us THINK to discover the deeper truth in matters :)

Math is a universal language. It would be the ultimate way to communicate between different civilizations of the past and future. A good method of preserving knowledge would be to contain codes within a sacred texts which would be preserved for a future generations to discover even if it were beyond the popular understanding in that time period. I believe that some other old writings also contain such "time capsule" hidden codes besides Hebrew.

Like the OP mentioned some of the older Hebrew writings do contain formulas that are truly amazing. He went way off with other speculations from a book. I would like to think it is just excitement of new ideas for him to consider, but it doesn't validate all the wild speculations!

The way out the suggestions of the ET origination of codes, whether you are talking a modern code used in WWII or discovered hidden codes in ancient writings, they all need more serious research. They are valuable to us in discovering more history if nothing else about the civilation or civilizations that created them.

Speculations sometimes spark serious researchers' curiosity to study a subject. Even if they set out to debunk, they may discover something more valuable than the exagerated speculations!

Personally, I don't care if it was ET, a god, a pre existing civilation. or what ever. If a hidden code is discovered within a text it is important to us to dicipher it and understand what it meant in whatever time frame it came from.

Separate the dross from the gold ...throw out the BS you find but don't accidently throw out the gold in the process :)

Nice to see you again, I was missing you, quite an interesting conversation you provoked there. Yes, the OP has made some more that tenuous connections that do not seem to stand to scrutiny, but that's nothing new here :D

Problem being we have an abundance of Gold here. There could be such hidden codes, but I know of none in antiquity that would make the ideal likely apart form the fictional Da Vinci code, but we do have astounding achievements by ancient man, when we consider that the ancient rigveda contains the information to calculate the speed of light. There is no reason to consider outside influence there, it just shows man is smarter than we give credit for, and always has been. As such, I do not think we ever needed the way out, perhaps the way in might be more appropriate?

I agree, if a hidden code was found, it would be more than interesting, and I agree, more study should be done to understand all aspects, but until we find such a code, it's just an idea. The library of Herodotus has recently been re-examined if I remember correctly.It's [possible I guess, Ciphers have a long history, do you have any reason to believe any specific text contains a message?

Math is a universal language, but it is not the root of written language.

To suggest however that Hebrew is the root of all languages, including those that predate Hebrew is the worst ethnocentricity has to offer. The same perversion of science that gave us Eugenics and the master race. We see this crop up periodically in multiculturalism when one social group wants to display dominance over another, instead of accepting the fact that technological progress is a web of interaction that is not determined by anything besides the interactions known to have occurred before it.

This tread has nothing redeeming, unlike several threads already going on elsewhere on these forums (see http://www.unexplain...ic=257654&st=75), as the OP has posted so many blatant lies as to taint the entire discussion.

Yes, that is all we need to begin communications I think, just a simple exchange. Math is more a description than a language I would think?

A Study indicated that language originated in South Africa, surprise surprise, where man wandered out from. But hey, as far as I know, we do not even know if language was invented once, or many times.

I really liked Mullers concepts in the 18800's :D An amusing read.

From Wikipedia:

In 1861, historical linguist Max Müller published a list of speculative theories concerning the origins of spoken language:[36]

• Bow-wow. The bow-wow or cuckoo theory, which Müller attributed to the German philosopher Johann Gottfried Herder, saw early words as imitations of the cries of beasts and birds.
  • Pooh-pooh. The Pooh-Pooh theory saw the first words as emotional interjections and exclamations triggered by pain, pleasure, surprise and so on.
  • Ding-dong. Müller suggested what he called the Ding-Dong theory, which states that all things have a vibrating natural resonance, echoed somehow by man in his earliest words.
  • Yo-he-ho. The yo-he-ho theory saw language emerging out of collective rhythmic labour, the attempt to synchronise muscular effort resulting in sounds such as heave alternating with sounds such as ho.
  • Ta-ta. This did not feature in Max Müller's list, having been proposed in 1930 by Sir Richard Paget.[37] According to the ta-ta theory, humans made the earliest words by tongue movements that mimicked manual gestures, rendering them audible.

• Like 1

You left out the Ohshit theory. In this theory language originated because of excrutiating pain or unbelievable occurances being witnessed.

• Like 1

You left out the Ohshit theory. In this theory language originated because of excrutiating pain or unbelievable occurances being witnessed.

No no, that's the Pooh Pooh theory.... in fact, you got it right..........

• Like 1

No no, that's the Pooh Pooh theory.... in fact, you got it right..........

Oh yeah...I did, didn't I? :w00t:

• Like 1

So potty humor is filed under pooh-pooh?

No, just the claim I read in the OP........

Edited by psyche101