Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephensville UFO

quillius

Hello all,

I have been looking into the Stephensville UFO flap that occured in 2008. I have not seen a decent explanation yet and was hoping this case may be discussed with a view to trying to understand what exactly may have happened.

This case apparently has

- scrambled military jets giving chase

- radar returns

-multiple witnesses

-photos

-footage?

- cover up/denials

oh and plenty of misinformation and BS to wade through.

Does anyone have a good understanding of this case to provide an overview of the events?

Edited by quillius

Hello all,

I have been looking into the Stephensville UFO flap that occured in 2008. I have not seen a decent explanation yet and was hoping this case may be discussed with a view to trying to understand what exactly may have happened.

This case apparently has

- radar returns

-multiple witnesses

-photos

-footage?

- cover up/denials

Does anyone have a good understanding of this case to provide an overview of the events?

i haven't heard about this one AT ALL, though it is so recent...! I want to read into it when i'm back from work, looks like it's worth it!

• Like 1

Links are always good, was it this one

Links are always good, was it this one

hello Seeder, I refarained from posting links or a summary as it seems the falp wasnt just limited to one date, usually January 8th 2008.

I thought it would be good to see what people know (think they know) and see what information gets posted.

do you know much about this case (the one your link refers to)? if so how would you summarise it?

i haven't heard about this one AT ALL, though it is so recent...! I want to read into it when i'm back from work, looks like it's worth it!

A couple of UM members here also suggested it was worth investigating (one of them being Psyche, which in itself speaks volumes)

I also never realised how recent it was, it seems there is a hell of a lot of info out there about it and it doesnt seem to focus on just one day. Although information/sightings after the main event always need to be taken with a large pinch of salt, however the actions of the 'powers that be' after the event are definitely worth note....i.e. denial cover up etc...

Well its always refreshing to talk about something new, no Ive not looked into at all. Ive gone past the stage of seeking out such stories, now I just look into them as and when they come to my attention! Also, Im just about to pop out for some time. So long as the Forum Custodian doesn't try taking over 'your' thread and drag it down to his usual heights, it may well be interesting to have a shufty when I return. Cheers for now

• Like 1

Well its always refreshing to talk about something new, no Ive not looked into at all. Ive gone past the stage of seeking out such stories, now I just look into them as and when they come to my attention! Also, Im just about to pop out for some time. So long as the Forum Custodian doesn't try taking over 'your' thread and drag it down to his usual heights, it may well be interesting to have a shufty when I return. Cheers for now

ok cheers, the more the merrier......and it sure beats talking about the spaceman :)

• Like 2

Hello all,

This case apparently has

- radar returns

-multiple witnesses

-photos

-footage?

- cover up/denials

Some interesting radar animation that could help to unlock the case:

thanks Zoser, I think this may form part of the report/analysis from my link on post #8.

I will watch videos tonight hopefully and go through the report in finer detail.

Hopefully some of the old times (old in terms of experience rather than age) will give us some good information/ opinions so we can really get stuck into the detail of the case....

At least this one's an actual case and not just a video of a light over Istanbul, or whatever.

At least this one's an actual case and not just a video of a light over Istanbul, or whatever.

do you know a bit about this case SP?

I'd heard it referenced in the past but never realised just how big or recent it was....

do you know a bit about this case SP?

I'd heard it referenced in the past but never realised just how big or recent it was....

Yes, and I'm actually surprised at the responses about not knowing much of it.

Edited by Sweetpumper

This was a very high profile case, witnessed by many, many people in that particular area of Texas. In addition, as I recall the object(s) violated the air space around the so called western White House, as this all occurred in and around that area. It was a local media sensation at the time. There have been quite a few ufo programs that reference this particular sighting.

Yes, and I'm actually surprised at the responses about not knowing much of it.

after looking at the detail somemore I am suprised this hasnt been thrashed to death like say the pheonix lights....its stayed under the radar quite a bit which is suprising (something the Stephenville ufo didnt manage lol)

edit to add: seen any decent explanations for this?

Edited by quillius

after looking at the detail somemore I am suprised this hasnt been thrashed to death like say the pheonix lights....its stayed under the radar quite a bit which is suprising (something the Stephenville ufo didnt manage lol)

edit to add: seen any decent explanations for this?

This is the only attempt at a non UFO explanation I've seen

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/stephenville_lights_what_actually_happened/

This is the only attempt at a non UFO explanation I've seen

http://www.csicop.or...ually_happened/

thanks Dr No.

I had come across this 'debunk' but found it quite weak and short, indicating it as more of a hand waving excercise IMO.

I do have issues with various parts but the most obvious is the cherry picking he does on the witness testimony to coincide with flares. Much of teh testimony noted the extreme size of the object, many also noted the military jets and how these seemed to be chasing the object. Throw in the fact that the object was seen upto 9.30pm that evening, his information says that the last group of 4 x F16s left the area at 6.58pm, even if they dropped flares upon leaving this would only have a life of 4 minutes taking us to 7.02pm.

I guess we will see what transpires through this thread.

what is your opinion on the incident being explained by flares?

Edited by quillius

hi q.... nice thread :tu: i had looked into the stephenville case in the past and always thought it had a natural signature to it... i drew that conclusion based on david caron's video capture... i don't know whether there are any other elements which i might have missed, so it's nice to see differing arguments put forth... cheers

led-hula-hoop-opener.jpg

• Like 2

thanks Zoser, I think this may form part of the report/analysis from my link on post #8.

I will watch videos tonight hopefully and go through the report in finer detail.

Hopefully some of the old times (old in terms of experience rather than age) will give us some good information/ opinions so we can really get stuck into the detail of the case....

It's certainly a well supported case Q.

I didn't want to bombard the thread with too many vids, so I'll make this the last one.

The testimony of Ricky Sorrels is one of my favourite.

It carries that sincerity and I believe what he says.

Only a short testimony but he describes it in a lot of detail.

• Like 2

It's certainly a well supported case Q.

I didn't want to bombard the thread with too many vids, so I'll make this the last one.

The testimony of Ricky Sorrels is one of my favourite.

It carries that sincerity and I believe what he says.

Only a short testimony but he describes it in a lot of detail.

funnily enough I was just looking into Sorrels and the possible 'harrasment' he aludes to.

I will find any transcripts and post them as this is sometimes easier for everyone to disect, also easier for those unable to view/listen to videos.

appreciate the courtesy in not bombarding thread with videos :tu:

• Like 1

hi q.... nice thread :tu: i had looked into the stephenville case in the past and always thought it had a natural signature to it... i drew that conclusion based on david caron's video capture... i don't know whether there are any other elements which i might have missed, so it's nice to see differing arguments put forth... cheers

good to see you join the party mcrom....very glad you mentioned david carons video, I agree this does look atmospheric even though highly spectacular. However, his video was filmed (I believe) 10 days after the main event on January 8th......

maybe more digging required into this one mate?

• Like 1

good to see you join the party mcrom....very glad you mentioned david carons video, I agree this does look atmospheric even though highly spectacular. However, his video was filmed (I believe) 10 days after the main event on January 8th......

maybe more digging required into this one mate?

there, you see, that's why i love these discussions... :tu:

yes he saw that on the 19th...

http://stephenvillelights.com/slnews_video002.html

part of the flap?

:yes:

• Like 1

So was there only one anomalous radar return during this event? How many UFO's were spotted in total during the flap? Has it been determined that the radar return was legitimate and not because of some malfunction or error? What is Angelia Joiner's take on a coverup and how credible is she?

Just a few questions after a quick overview of the case. It does seem interesting, I'll have to find time to look a bit more. Thanks for bringing this one up Quill, should be fun. :tu:

• Like 1