Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Skunk ape' filmed in Mississippi woods

UM-Bot

A new video has surfaced online of a strange hominid creature foraging in remote woodland.

The footage was recorded in the woods 9 miles to the west of Tunica by a man who was out hunting hogs. According to his report, he had been waiting for the light to fade when he heard a noise behind him. When he turned around he caught sight of a strange creature.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ssissippi-woods

• Like 1

As pointed out on another board, at 1:43 there appears to be a Caucasian-looking hand. I'm going with guy in a black hoodie. And this guy, Josh Highcliff, doesn't have zoom on his camera?

• Like 2

Out hunting hogs..... Ok so he was armed looking at one of the most elusive unknown creatures. Filmed it (bad footage), got frightened and took off running. Sounds odd to me. Could have taken just one shot and all the controversy would be over.

Seeing as now he knows where it hangs out it can be hunted. Camera traps could be set up, even real traps. If it's real hope he does some more investigating or lets someone know where he was exactly so they can persue it further.

• Like 1

Yeah, No, too many things wrong with this video just like all the others that come out. Granted Tunica does have some huge expanses of Mississippi river swamp, but he stated that he was on his land next to a road. So this tells me he isn't too far off the beaten path. Bigfoot is supposed to be so stealthy, and ninja like, that he can sense trail cameras and avoid them, but this one doesn't even turn around when the man is making that much noise? Where is the zoom feature on the Iphone? The minute the thing stands he says he freaked and ran because he was scared, but he only runs like 5 steps and then stops. He stated he was hog hunting, well you don't go hog hunting with a pellet gun, he obviously had a larger caliber rifle or a shotgun with him. Why scared? Did he go back and look for hair, prints, anything evidence worthy? Doesn't appear so. Just not buying it.

Mike

• Like 2

Titled "I think i saw a skunk ape - please help"

Does he need help making it convincing?

• Like 2

It looked convincing at first but then i did some research online and found nothing about a skunk ape or swamp monster so fake.... :td:

Why pan away and run when it stands up? If he would have kept filming it, that would have been his best footage(in my opinion).

• Like 3

It looked convincing at first but then i did some research online and found nothing about a skunk ape or swamp monster so fake.... :td:

Try honey island swamp monster. I don't know where you did your "research" but there is a plethora of info on both topics. Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 2

If it's real, he definitely saw "something". If you've never been to Miss. there's a lot of undeveloped land there. Same with the Pacific NW. Is it possible a small, semi-intelligent population could remain mostly hidden?

• Like 1

Out hunting hogs..... Ok so he was armed looking at one of the most elusive unknown creatures. Filmed it (bad footage), got frightened and took off running. Sounds odd to me. Could have taken just one shot and all the controversy would be over.

Seeing as now he knows where it hangs out it can be hunted. Camera traps could be set up, even real traps. If it's real hope he does some more investigating or lets someone know where he was exactly so they can persue it further.

I'm not supporting that the film is real, but If I put myself in that situation, having a gun, and not knowing if I'm having a joke pulled on me, there would be no way I'd shoot either.

I don't know if that played into his thinking or not.

• Like 1

I think his actions are consistent with human nature. There is initial curiosity and he shoots video until the "entity" rises and appears to look in his direction. Because we are extremely sensitive to eye related activity, he flees (freeze/fight/flight) because of the "novelty" aspect of what he is seeing. To shoot at something that appears to be human-like would have to be a trained or very thoughtful response. Wondering if this is a hoax or is there any history of escaped primates in the area?

• Like 2

I call fake....

1 - The "ape" stands up far too human like in the way it bends its back.

2 - The "ape" looks too thin in the same way an ape costume from a fancy dress shop looks thin and loose over the meat of the man.

3 - The guy is hunting Hogs...... one has to presume (considering some hogs are dangerous) he is doing so with a gun. How is he not scared of a large Hog but he is off an ape at a distance when he is holding a weapon capable of killing it? Even a warning shot would have been enough to scare it away.

4 - Whenever I film ANYTHING, one of the most instinctive things to do is to ZOOOOOOM on the target you are filming. It doesn't matter if you are filming a tourist attraction or a flying UFO, people ZOOM! Why did he not think to zoom in? He is curious enough to stand and take out a camcorder and film it, why is he not curious enough to zoom in or at least stalk a little closer?

5 - I think it all is a fake hoax between him and a friend and it was set up that once his friend stood up he should run away in fear to add drama!

I may be wrong of course, but even if it is genuine and the guy is the worst hunter in the US, then it would still be disregarded by scientists as it provides little to no information whatsoever for research!

• Like 1

Yep, fake.

I think his actions are consistent with human nature. There is initial curiosity and he shoots video until the "entity" rises and appears to look in his direction. Because we are extremely sensitive to eye related activity, he flees (freeze/fight/flight) because of the "novelty" aspect of what he is seeing. To shoot at something that appears to be human-like would have to be a trained or very thoughtful response. Wondering if this is a hoax or is there any history of escaped primates in the area?

Why did he run though? If I had a huge gun and encountered a skunk ape in the distance, I wouldn't shoot it but I sure as hell wouldn't run like this guy did.

I'm not supporting that the film is real, but If I put myself in that situation, having a gun, and not knowing if I'm having a joke pulled on me, there would be no way I'd shoot either.

I don't know if that played into his thinking or not.

I someone genuinely sees a Big-Foot, Skunk-Ape, etc. has a gun and doesn't fire if he's "scared" it's fake. If he shoots a person trying to paly a oke, a tragedy, but maybe it will stop the fakers and make them think twice. Probably not, though.

Dang, looks like a gorilla. Hands were a bit warped, like hoseshoes but otherwise he moved like an earthling.

I am going to say fake as well...but I would not be above taking the team out to check it out..only a few hours from us anyone know how to contact the guy who filmed it...? I would of course suggest to him if it was a hoax not to repeat it ...we travel very well armed.

Pity it's most likely a fake as it was a nice piece of footage. :gun:

I am going to say fake as well...but I would not be above taking the team out to check it out..only a few hours from us anyone know how to contact the guy who filmed it...? I would of course suggest to him if it was a hoax not to repeat it ...we travel very well armed.

I agree with you, as a believer or researcher:

I wish you would pursue this, Dougward5. I would hope you are not alone in your thinking. This photographer may have no interest in evidence, but I would think others would be all over this for evidence. Although I didn't notice when this was filmed. Maybe contact a southern (MS, AR, TN, AL, LA, TX) Bigfoot Group that posts a database of sightings for possible contact information?

The creature was digging against a rough log/stump, sure couldn't hurt. It had to arrive and exit, too. And the ground is obviously soft, moist.

---------------------------------------

I put no stock in any bigfoot stuff, and this one is too much of a gorilla wanna be for me, with its bent back at standing, and coned head. Plus, it isn't that clear to me, so I wonder what other large black creatures dig in stumps, hmmm? I know there is one, but I can't think of it right now. :whistle: v v v

Edited by QuiteContrary