Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Skunk ape' filmed in Mississippi woods

UM-Bot

That's alright, you just haven't been scared badly enough yet.

I said I understand the fear. But not the lack of curiosity.

Some allegedly refuse to go back where their sighting happened, plenty of others allegedly do go back, looking for sign.

But that's alright. You don't know me and have no idea how I'd react, even if "scared badly".

Fear would never kill my curiosity, or keep me quiet, I do know that.

Edited by QuiteContrary

No you don't, you just think you do.

And you have nothing to really loose by telling, your job isn't dependent on your testimony being truthful.

I said "Fear would never kill my curiosity, or keep me quiet, I do know that."

You said:

No you don't, you just think you do.

? ...I've had an interest in BF for most of my life. So, if I ever have any sort of "encounter" my interest/curiosity would disappear? I'd be so afraid I couldn't talk about it or investigate? There is no logic in that at all. And since this is not the case for everyone who has alleged an encounter, why would it be for me?

What exactly do you think bigfoot is? A man-eating boogeyman?

And as far your friends worrying about their jobs (I know one is now deceased) if he ever talked about it?

They did talk about it and tell someone. You. And for someone who posts a photo of himself and freely and repeatedly describes himself and his two friends' and their encounters, I just assumed there wouldn't be any issues with your friends' jobs or reputations, if anyone found out about their experience.

So, according to you, they allegedly "trusted" you with their encounters. However, you keep spilling their beans, and I assume they knew you possibly could, and it didn't bother them enough to keep their stories to themselves.

Also, why would conducting their own personal investigation jeopardize their job?

Sounds to me like they were simply too shook up. End of story.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I have spilled nothing, you have no clue who they are and nether does anyone else. I have my faults but not keeping people's names a secret is not one of them. One is now dead, the other is still in Law Enforcement in Virginia.

I have persevered their complete anonymity in public and private. I do talk about what they told me because that and only that is the root cause of my own openness. Were it not for that then I would as cynical about it as Neognosis is.

I have already explained to you, which really shouldn't require explanation, what fear does to rational people. I'm not talking a little scare or something that made you jump unexpectedly. I'm talking about real, unadulterated, gut-busting, mother-loving fear. The kind that makes you question everything else in your life and everything you've ever known. An epiphany, the like of which very few people in their lives ever experience. And I repeat, no, you ain't been there yet. I also pray you never do, because not only will it quell whatever curiosity you have or think you have, it will very likely change you in the process.

It's damn easy to sit back in the comfort or your own home with hubby close by and think how you deal with something like that, it's a whole other kettle of fish to be face to face with something like a Bigfoot and the only thing between you and it is air.

Edited by keninsc

I have spilled nothing, you have no clue who they are and nether does anyone else. I have my faults but not keeping people's names a secret is not one of them. One is now dead, the other is still in Law Enforcement in Virginia.

I have persevered their complete anonymity in public and private. I do talk about what they told me because that and only that is the root cause of my own openness. Were it not for that then I would as cynical about it as Neognosis is.

I have already explained to you, which really shouldn't require explanation, what fear does to rational people. I'm not talking a little scare or something that made you jump unexpectedly. I'm talking about real, unadulterated, gut-busting, mother-loving fear. The kind that makes you question everything else in your life and everything you've ever known. An epiphany, the like of which very few people in their lives ever experience. And I repeat, no, you ain't been there yet. I also pray you never do, because not only will it quell whatever curiosity you have or think you have, it will very likely change you in the process.

It's damn easy to sit back in the comfort or your own home with hubby close by and think how you deal with something like that, it's a whole other kettle of fish to be face to face with something like a Bigfoot and the only thing between you and it is air.

You may think you have kept their trust. That's fine. But I don't interpret it that way at all. And therefore, I do not assume their anonymity is that crucial to their reps or jobs. And I still don't see that as being why they didn't go back and investigate.

If you've never seen a bigfoot how can you be the expert on how everyone will react? You are not. You do not know.

Was it friends or did you have an encounter and now sit behind your computer all nice and safe? Because you sure sound like you are defending yourself, after a known experience, not that of someone else. And you don't like someone else saying they'd go right back in the woods and investigate after an encounter, because you got the spit scared out of you and never did.

Yes, that it what I'm guessing,ken. You had the encounter, not your "friends". That is the only thing that makes sense to me.

And I have feared for my life, more than once, thank you very much. AND I still continue/continued doing those two activities.

It won't stop me from investigating a possible bigfoot encounter. Why the heck would it?

I understand fear better than anyone. I suffered from debilitating anxiety and phobias and panic attacks, in the past. Everyday sometimes my life was in a life or death panic. So don't lecture me on the effects of fear. But even MY history does not insure how I'd react to a bigfoot encounter. My curiosity/interest would overcome it. It has before.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I think Ken's trying to say that in those moments when you feared for your life, any curiosity you had wouldn't be foremost on your mind. the need to get out of the situation you were currently in would take prominence.

• Like 2

Who said I was an expert on Bigfoot?

Never seen the bugger or found anything like footprints......and no, I haven't even knocked on a tree or screamed bloody murder at night in the woods.......I have danced naked in the moonlight but that's another story and completely unrelated. And no, I have never seen a Bigfoot, nor am I using the old "I had a friend once...." thing to cover my tracks. And no, I don't know how I would react to coming face to face with one other than to fowl my drawers possibly.

You say their anonymity is not assured by my talking about it? Then please, prove me wrong and tell me who they are? I will answer truthfully if you are correct.

Personally, I've given this far too much time as it is. You have your opinions and they are perfectly fine for you to have, your logic eludes me since your opinion is based on being an armchair quarterback on the day after the game.

So let's just let it go for now, or we can talk about in the message area if you'd like.

I think Ken's trying to say that in those moments when you feared for your life, any curiosity you had wouldn't be foremost on your mind. the need to get out of the situation you were currently in would take prominence.

Ok, you get it. Thanks Heavens someone does.

I said "Fear would never kill my curiosity, or keep me quiet, I do know that."

Hi QC, I hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving!

About the quote. Didn't you tell of an account (on here) where you were hunting in a tree stand at night and something was below you? And even though you had a flashlight you never shined it on whatever it was? I'm just curious if fear (at the time) is the reason you don't know what it was (today)?

Who said I was an expert on Bigfoot?

Never seen the bugger or found anything like footprints......and no, I haven't even knocked on a tree or screamed bloody murder at night in the woods.......I have danced naked in the moonlight but that's another story and completely unrelated. And no, I have never seen a Bigfoot, nor am I using the old "I had a friend once...." thing to cover my tracks. And no, I don't know how I would react to coming face to face with one other than to fowl my drawers possibly.

You say their anonymity is not assured by my talking about it? Then please, prove me wrong and tell me who they are? I will answer truthfully if you are correct.

Personally, I've given this far too much time as it is. You have your opinions and they are perfectly fine for you to have, your logic eludes me since your opinion is based on being an armchair quarterback on the day after the game.

So let's just let it go for now, or we can talk about in the message area if you'd like.

Ok, you get it. Thanks Heavens someone does.

Why does one's curiosity have to take over their fear at the moment of an incident? Of course, one may not be thinking clearly at the time.

THAT would depend on the encounter, however.

But what about being curious enough to investigate hours/days/weeks afterward? Never going back in the woods or talking about it with someone else to figure it out? That is what escapes me. Sure it happens, but I personally, don't understand it when it comes to what would be a fantastic discovery such as a "bigfoot" creature. Sure you might still be apprehensive or even fearful. I get that. But my curiosity would overcome it. Despite your adamant position it wouldn't, ken.

People get savagely attacked by bears, kids/teens get attacked by sharks and lose limbs and THEY go back in the woods and ocean. So don't tell me I'm being an armchair quarterback who doesn't know what she is talking about.

Examples contrary to your position are a dime a dozen.

Including, alleged bigfoot eye-witnesses who are now bigfoot searchers.

So, again, you do not know me, and you cannot say I would not investigate a personal sighting because your friends didn't.

I have no idea what you would do, and nether do you.......until you are faced with the situation. I thought I'd never have any problems with being in combat......until I was. When I got home the second time I needed some couch time. Now I'm good with it........don't really want to do it again, but would if I had to because I know what to expect. I ain't no virgin any more, as we used to say. I'm a Bigfoot virgin.

As far as other people dealing with whatever they have had to deal with in life, more power to them for dealing with whatever they have to deal with in life. Hey, life's tough so wear a cup........ok, you don't need a cup.......maybe a steel coconut bra. Every person is different, you, me, the guy reading this now. Some guys can handle the most ungodly thing and not miss a step and some people slit their wrist because their grass is too tall and they got a notice from their HOA.

I just have an issue with someone who hasn't been in the situation saying what they do had it been them. I put it in the same category as any work of fiction. Horse feathers! You won't "know" until you're there. Once you see a Bigfoot up close and in person then I will back all the way off and tell you I'm sorry I ever doubted you, but until that day comes, forget it. And it isn't just you, I feel that way about everyone who does the talk but hasn't walked the proverbial mile.

......and why would you investigate a sighting one, or in this case two, of my friends had? It's been over twenty and twenty-six years respectively.

Hi QC, I hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving!

About the quote. Didn't you tell of an account (on here) where you were hunting in a tree stand at night and something was below you? And even though you had a flashlight you never shined it on whatever it was? I'm just curious if fear (at the time) is the reason you don't know what it was (today)?

I never thought it was a bigfoot. I figured it was a bear. My husband thinks it was just a deer. I still don't know what it was. Yes, I was alone (some distance from my H) in the dark so I was afraid! And as I have stated several times. I understand being afraid. I don't understand not taking the time to do an investigation or returning if I had thought I had a bigfoot encounter.

Having an unexplained encounter in the woods would take more than what I experienced for me to think I had in fact encountered some giant hominid beast.

If I thought it was, I would have told my husband and H's other hunting buddies and the landowner. I would have wanted to go back again, to the same place. I would have wanted to investigate the area WITH someone.

*changed to clarify* IF I HAD BEEN Convinced I had encountered a bigfoot? Heck yeah I'd have investigated! I did not think it was a Biff, despite it sounding tempting.

I couldn't help feeling fear that a bear was going to climb up my stand. I would have felt fear if it stunk, knocked on my tree and howled too. AND WISHED it would go away!!! I did not want to look at it in the eyes... challenge the bear in any way.

This has not kept me out of the woods at night. In fact I've been to those same woods to camp. It was a relative's property.

Had I been sure it was a bigfoot, I wouldn't be able to let it go. Could you? No matter how much fear I felt that night.

But this encounter did not say bigfoot to me, even at the time, and I never even got a look at it. That is another thing. Your mind doesn't go to imaginary animals (at least not mine and not for any length of time) when something unknown is a few feet below you in the dark...shuffling from side to side. Not leaving for what seems like an eternity. You think REAL ones. Including human.

PS it makes a good story in a Biff thread, though. And sadly any BFRO investigator would have given it his "BIGFOOT ENCOUNTER" stamp of approval. And it would be in the database.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I have no idea what you would do, and nether do you.......until you are faced with the situation. I thought I'd never have any problems with being in combat......until I was. When I got home the second time I needed some couch time. Now I'm good with it........don't really want to do it again, but would if I had to because I know what to expect. I ain't no virgin any more, as we used to say. I'm a Bigfoot virgin.

As far as other people dealing with whatever they have had to deal with in life, more power to them for dealing with whatever they have to deal with in life. Hey, life's tough so wear a cup........ok, you don't need a cup.......maybe a steel coconut bra. Every person is different, you, me, the guy reading this now. Some guys can handle the most ungodly thing and not miss a step and some people slit their wrist because their grass is too tall and they got a notice from their HOA.

I just have an issue with someone who hasn't been in the situation saying what they do had it been them. I put it in the same category as any work of fiction. Horse feathers! You won't "know" until you're there. Once you see a Bigfoot up close and in person then I will back all the way off and tell you I'm sorry I ever doubted you, but until that day comes, forget it. And it isn't just you, I feel that way about everyone who does the talk but hasn't walked the proverbial mile.

......and why would you investigate a sighting one, or in this case two, of my friends had? It's been over twenty and twenty-six years respectively.

This whole debate came about because I simply said I could not understand/would not be able to have a bigfoot encounter (SO REAL I won't go in the woods anymore! Like your friends) and just let it go. I would want to learn more, talk about it, investigate it. That was all. My opinion. What I would do and why I would.

And you call B.S. Why is that so hard to wrap your brain around?

You wouldn't do the same? You would just let it go, keep it quiet, and never care to investigate? That is not how you talk on UM. You're going to kill the darn thing. Can't do that from your living room.

Why would I investigate your friends' sightings? I have no idea. I never said that.

Now, excuse me, while I go watch the latest Finding Bigfoot I recorded earlier.

And watch the Fearless Foursome trek through the woods at night and go off "alone" and camp in Biggie sighting areas.

Including Bobo who has had at least two biff sightings. And two others who believe the eye-witnesses (OR at least one might).

Edited by QuiteContrary

Thanks for taking the time to explain QC. I guess my point is, because of the fear you felt at the time, now you'll never know for a fact what it was. I can relate to that because the same thing happened to me. I remember thinking of every way possible to get a close look at it. At the time I was convinced that if the big monkey lived in Virginia I would have heard about it. But whatever it was I saw in the I-81 emergency lane, it made me curious enough to contemplate risking life and limb to try and get a better look at it. Every idea I came up with didn't end well for me so I was kinda glad when they finally removed it. But fear kept me from knowing.

Thanks for taking the time to explain QC. I guess my point is, because of the fear you felt at the time, now you'll never know for a fact what it was. I can relate to that because the same thing happened to me. I remember thinking of every way possible to get a close look at it. At the time I was convinced that if the big monkey lived in Virginia I would have heard about it. But whatever it was I saw in the I-81 emergency lane, it made me curious enough to contemplate risking life and limb to try and get a better look at it. Every idea I came up with didn't end well for me so I was kinda glad when they finally removed it. But fear kept me from knowing.

Yes. I have no idea for sure what it was. But I (we?) are talking about knowing it is a bigfoot or at least having no other explanation at the time so that you have completely convinced yourself it was. So much so, as ken's friends, seasoned outdoorsmen, you won't return to the woods or that your fear is palpable when talking about it.

I happen to be so interested in Biff, despite thinking it a myth. I'd have to investigate.

A bear sighting would not do that and neither did mine. I am fine. I camp. I hike at night. Yet, I was freaking at the time, that night.

I never heard about your encounter above. Did you post it somewhere?

Edited by QuiteContrary

My only point in this whole discussion has been to point out that you can't say what you would actually do because no one knows what they will do until they are faced with the situation. And I can't understand why you can't seem to get your brain wrapped around such a dirt simple concept. Then you accused me of being the one with the sighing and hiding behind the old mask of saying it was an "unnamed" friend. I can understand why you might say that, but I assure you that is not the case. I wish it was the case, but I have never seen hide nor hair of a Bigfoot.

As far as me doing an investigation, it makes no sense. both incidences happened twenty-one and twenty-six (?) years ago respectively and as it happens I was not over come with a burning desire to go looking into them (Bigfoot) at the time. Took me a while to get my head around the fact that I believed them inspite of all the logic to the contrary, but believe them I do. Sadly, I do not the means or time to do an investigation, and I'm not interested in investigating, but rather in getting the proof positive that would prove the existence of such a creature. That's what I'm all about. I thought I knew what being in combat was like until I found my young, dummy, John Wayne a&& up in the middle of it. Got a serious lesson in, "You don't know jack boy!" Real quick. So no, I can't say how it would go down if I were to meet up with a Bigfoot. Yes, my goal now is to shoot one and bring back the dead body for science to study and do all the stuff they need to do in order to find out where it belongs on the tree of life and how it relates to us......or isn't related to us, as the case may be. I might suddenly, simply drop out of here never to be heard from again or I might be on here yelling from the rafters about nailing a Bigfoot. Won't know until it happens and it might not happen.

"So, again, you do not know me, and you cannot say I would not investigate a personal sighting because your friends didn't." Ok, I misread that, feel free to beat me all the way up over a faux pas.

• Like 1

Now, excuse me, while I go watch the latest Finding Bigfoot I recorded earlier.

And watch the Fearless Foursome trek through the woods at night and go off "alone" and camp in Biggie sighting areas.

Including Bobo who has had at least two biff sightings. And two others who believe the eye-witnesses (OR at least one might).

Oh God, what a way to top off a discussion like this.....LOL! :w00t:

My only point in this whole discussion has been to point out that you can't say what you would actually do because no one knows what they will do until they are faced with the situation. And I can't understand why you can't seem to get your brain wrapped around such a dirt simple concept. Then you accused me of being the one with the sighing and hiding behind the old mask of saying it was an "unnamed" friend. I can understand why you might say that, but I assure you that is not the case. I wish it was the case, but I have never seen hide nor hair of a Bigfoot.

As far as me doing an investigation, it makes no sense. both incidences happened twenty-one and twenty-six (?) years ago respectively and as it happens I was not over come with a burning desire to go looking into them (Bigfoot) at the time. Took me a while to get my head around the fact that I believed them inspite of all the logic to the contrary, but believe them I do. Sadly, I do not the means or time to do an investigation, and I'm not interested in investigating, but rather in getting the proof positive that would prove the existence of such a creature. That's what I'm all about. I thought I knew what being in combat was like until I found my young, dummy, John Wayne a&& up in the middle of it. Got a serious lesson in, "You don't know jack boy!" Real quick. So no, I can't say how it would go down if I were to meet up with a Bigfoot. Yes, my goal now is to shoot one and bring back the dead body for science to study and do all the stuff they need to do in order to find out where it belongs on the tree of life and how it relates to us......or isn't related to us, as the case may be. I might suddenly, simply drop out of here never to be heard from again or I might be on here yelling from the rafters about nailing a Bigfoot. Won't know until it happens and it might not happen.

"So, again, you do not know me, and you cannot say I would not investigate a personal sighting because your friends didn't." Ok, I misread that, feel free to beat me all the way up over a faux pas.

I said in one of my firsts posts, at the time of an encounter "I might have a heart attack and die on the spot". I did not know what I would do. But AFTERWARD, at least, I would def want to know what was what.

What about observing a biggie with binocs or scope from some distance? That may not create such a fearful response. Plus, as I've pointed out before, no one has ever talked about fainting after a sighting.

I never said you should investigate their encounters either. This was about each one of your friends and how their individual encounters stopped them from going into the woods for years and from discussing it with someone.

I said in one of my firsts posts, at the time of an encounter "I might have a heart attack and die on the spot". I did not know what I would do. But AFTERWARD, at least, I would def want to know what was what.

And my point I was trying to make was that might not be the case if it scared you badly enough.....then started talking about fear. I think possibly you might have though that I though less of you because you're female or for whatever reason. The point I was trying to get you to understand from me was related to fear and it's effect upon humans. You, me, anybody. While I have never been so frightened that I never would go back or go into a situation again, I have seen guys so frightened by a situation they simply froze in place, wide-eyed, scared...you-know-what-less. Most people have never really seen this in others or experienced it themselves. Just please take my word for it, it's one thing to theorize about it and another to experience it. That's my only point. You might well be able to deal with it and do that investigation after the fact, and maybe not. Two sides of the same coin really. Could be I didn't make my point well, unfortunately when dealing in a strictly text form we often don't get the information and queues from hand gestures, tonal inflections, and facial expression and the true meaning is lost somehow.

What about observing a biggie with binocs or scope from some distance? That may not create such a fearful response. Plus, as I've pointed out before, no one has ever talked about fainting after a sighting.

Seeing one at a distance through binoculars is not really the same thing, sort of like watch a video of holocaust via film versus seeing it all live and in person. I can't imagine what that was like and I had two teachers in high school who'd been in WWII and were there when a couple of Hitler's camp were liberated. Oye-vey! It was very hard for me to relate in the same way they did, mind you, I thought I completely got it, however I was wrong.

I never said you should investigate their encounters either. This was about each one of your friends and how their individual encounters stopped them from going into the woods for years and from discussing it with someone.

The only reason they talked about it with me was a bit of a fluke. I just sort of caught them in a more open mood and they trusted me. Also, I was non-judgemental, although I have to admit the first time when my buddy in Georgia first told me about it, it was not easy for me to keep a straight face. I had to fight the urge to say, "Dude, were you high?" Now while that alone didn't put me into the open category, five or six years later when my other friend told me about his encounter, that's when I began the serious consideration. Of course, then I discovered about all the bs on-line and in books as I tried to find out as much as I could on the subject. Now let me say this, all the learning from books and other accounts are all well and good, but they would pale in comparison to having my own face to face encounter and that is my best means of trying to explain where I'm coming from on that.

Edited by keninsc

:-*

Fear...

I am reading a lot of how people should react to it. Or / and people saying one would not know how they would act if faced with a new " fear " never faced before.

First, someone can not tell someone they do not even know, that they have no idea how they would react. Telling a stranger they do not know themselves is pretty insulting, and arrogant.

Second, how many Surfers, fisherman ( spear and line, and net ) that have been attacked by a Shark, still go out and do what they want to do.

I have seen numerous documentaries on people that survived attacks from various animals, and decided they needed to learn more about said animal, and went straight back out.

Many, many times, when someone is hit by " fear ", it does not scare them away for good, it draws interest.

Fear is a vital response to physical and emotional danger—if we didn't feel it, we couldn't protect ourselves from legitimate threats. But often we fear situations that are far from life-or-death, and thus hang back for no good reason. Traumas or bad experiences can trigger a fear response within us that is hard to quell. Yet exposing ourselves to our personal demons is the best way to move past them.

As bolded above, that is what the majority of people do.

Now, of course, we are talking about a ficticious creature, and a ficticious story. Either from the people who said they saw it, or the person saying he knows people who saw it. This is the norm when it comes to Bigfoot topics, and people wanting attention. Easy way to get it, claim you saw one, or claim you " have good friends that saw one ", and add a story to it, and repeat it over and over again. ( one sign of lying is repeating )

When it comes to ghosts, Bigfoot, etc. " seeing is believing " is the only way to go. Now, a camera sees what our eyes see, and with the thousands of sightings, still not one clear pic. Hard to take a picture of a made up story.

Anyway, fear....What a crock I have been reading.

I recently had a cancerous tumor removed, along with a nice chunk of my leg. ( Melanoma Stage 2 ). Did it scare me, Hell yes. ( I have pics, not just making up stories about myself to get attention )

Finding out you have a death sentence is a major scare, more then seeing a fricken Bigfoot. What did I do?.....I moved from Oregon to Arizona, smart huh?...Skin cancer and move here. Well, I am scared, and I will and do go out in the Sun, and I wear major protection. Something else that fear did to me, I started studying big time about Skin Cancer, and I share with everyone I know the dangers of it. I tell my story to people, and how it scared the **** out of me. ( scares ).

Now if I saw a Bigfoot, nah, I would not tell anyone, except someone to share it all over Bigfoot boards countless times. Why? Because I would be so scared, filled with so much fear.

Now, I have Bow hunted, and Fished, and other hunting my entire life. Can't say I hiked across the USA, I can't lie, but I have been to many places ( secluded ). I also have many friends who are avid hunters. As any hunter / sportsmen knows, it is a life, a hobby, a passion. We can ( and do ) see Mountain Lions, Bears, Havolina, Snakes ( rattlers ), etc,etc,etc.....We still go out.

I could share many " fantastic " stories on many of these, but no need to. Anyone can claim they are a War hero, or Grizzly hiking Adams on a forum.

I can say, and anyone that REALLY has done this knows, people like us would not " stop hunting " and never go back out, if we encountered something like that. Even if we did run that day, we would be back out, more armed, and more friends, to find out what this was. And to be the people that make History/

" we saw one, and we will fricken prove it "

Sorry, but that is what would happen in the real world.

Now, if you make up a nice story, it sounds great ( to ignorant people ) to claim the " fear " seeing a Bigfoot would make a Hunter give up his passion forever.

bull****, 100%

• Like 1

Yes. I have no idea for sure what it was. But I (we?) are talking about knowing it is a bigfoot or at least having no other explanation at the time so that you have completely convinced yourself it was. So much so, as ken's friends, seasoned outdoorsmen, you won't return to the woods or that your fear is palpable when talking about it.

I happen to be so interested in Biff, despite thinking it a myth. I'd have to investigate.

A bear sighting would not do that and neither did mine. I am fine. I camp. I hike at night. Yet, I was freaking at the time, that night.

I never heard about your encounter above. Did you post it somewhere?

It was back in 88'-89' when I was in my late 20's. It was on a bridge overpass in the emergency lane, average human size, face down, arms to the side. When I first saw it I could see a stream of dark liquid (blood?) meandering away from the head and pooling a few feet away. I thought "omg someone was hit and killed on the interstate last night!" But as I got nearer I noticed it was without clothing and covered in light blonde hair that had a reddish tint to it. Since I had never heard of a BF ever being reported or seen in the area, I told myelf it was a person with a genetic defect and resolved not to get involved. But it looked odd enough to really want to get a closer look at it. But because of "fear", I'll never know for a fact what it was.

• Like 1

It was back in 88'-89' when I was in my late 20's. It was on a bridge overpass in the emergency lane, average human size, face down, arms to the side. When I first saw it I could see a stream of dark liquid (blood?) meandering away from the head and pooling a few feet away. I thought "omg someone was hit and killed on the interstate last night!" But as I got nearer I noticed it was without clothing and covered in light blonde hair that had a reddish tint to it. Since I had never heard of a BF ever being reported or seen in the area, I told myelf it was a person with a genetic defect and resolved not to get involved. But it looked odd enough to really want to get a closer look at it. But because of "fear", I'll never know for a fact what it was.

Now that is an odd one! You said "finally removed it" (post#139). Was it there for awhile? There are blond colored black bears and bears in VA. But I don't have to tell you that.

It was obviously large (adult human-sized or larger)? Yes?

What about it said "not a bear" to you?

Could you see the feet? Or hands?

Edited by QuiteContrary