Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The dangerous truth about milk!

darkbreed

Source: http://alternanews.n...ents-must-know/

In the last 40 years, the dairy industry has poured millions of dollars into promotional initiatives made to appeal, mesmerize, and scare people into consuming their products. Their frosted hands have gradually tightened their steely grip of influence over retirement houses, educational institutions, hospitals, and doctor’s offices; permeating books, publications, journals, and commercials with their agenda that is promoted by biased information. After years of mind-numbing “mustaches” of adjustment, we now suppose that milk products are a normal and natural section of the human diet. Nevertheless, that is not even close to the reality.

Full article at: http://alternanews.n...ents-must-know/

• Like 2

So everything is bad for you and you might as well give up and slit your throat now vs. starve to death. :tu:

• Like 7

We buy Duchy organic milk, if its good enough for Prince Charles, its good enough for us.

And at least you know its not produced by Camilla, That milk would come out powdered. Sorry. :unsure2:

ell oh ell

Soooo... what do I get from milk that doesn't come from anywhere else? I know salmon from seas nor growth facilities might not be n.1 critical consumer choise but it still seems more appealing after reading the article. At least they ain't pumped with antibiotics, the sea salmons. I hope.

oh and who financed this article/study?

Edited by Mikko-kun

Soooo... what do I get from milk that doesn't come from anywhere else? I know salmon from seas nor growth facilities might not be n.1 critical consumer choise but it still seems more appealing after reading the article. At least they ain't pumped with antibiotics, the sea salmons. I hope.

oh and who financed this article/study?

I never take any notice of these scare mongering studies. What kills you one week cures you the next. Money wasting exercises, Nothing more

• Like 3

It seems like people have a strong loyalty to milk. Hey I grew up on it too.

But just cause we all grew up and it and its common place doesn't mean that its infallible. It could very well be bad for us and we are just starting to find out.

I don't have a stance on it atm but when it looks like people have knee jerk reactions it annoys me.

• Like 2

I've never actually drank milk, Just in coffee occasionally, I just hate the taste and the smell makes me sick. Every week something that we thought was bad for us is said to now be good for us and vice versa. I think last week they were saying margarine/saturated fats are good for you now? I'm just waiting til they say 2 bottles of wine a day are good for you, Then I'll take notice. Eat/drink what you want within reason, Nobody ever said on their deathbed "I wish i'd eaten more salad".

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 2

I never take any notice of these scare mongering studies. What kills you one week cures you the next. Money wasting exercises, Nothing more

It's not a study. It's an opinion piece.
  • Like 1

Objectively, it is a little bizarre that we drink the milk of another animal on a regular basis. Like everything else, just follow the trail of money. Why wouldn't dairy farmers and dairy processors want to promote the bejesus out of milk? Just because it's common, doesn't mean it good for us.

This is totally an opinion piece, though it seems like milk is going under the microscope more and more these days. We'll see where that's at in another 5 years or so.

• Like 2

Quite a few people have allergies to milk and/or lactose, including some family members of mine, though in our case not severe enough to cause real problems. My understanding it that milk is often contaminated with coliform bacteria, hence the need for pasteurization, but this process supposedly destroys some of the nutrient value. It's also hard to argue that cow's milk it the right substance for baby cows, not necessarily human beings.

Now I have friends that swear by fresh, raw milk, but they tell me you must know your source and the cleanliness thereof, and in some areas it is illegal to sell for human consumption so they buy it for their "cat."

As for me, I use soy milk and my wife almond milk, both are good as far as we are concerned but it's a matter of taste.

I never read the full article to be fair as these sort of opinions about milk have been kicking around for years and are nothing new, Just as next weeks subject, Be it lettuce, Bacon or whatever else won't be anything new.

Sounds like you read THE DAILY MAIL.

Really? Actually i don't read newspapers, Nice try though. I have (just about) enough intelligence to form my own opinions. I don't need to be told what to think.

• Like 1

Surely the DAILY MAIL is the kind of paper that usually comes up with this kind of nonsense.

• Like 1

Everything's bad for you. After all, everyone has to die at some point or other, so why do people spend all their time worrying about what's bad for you?

I do like the phrase "Their frosted hands have gradually tightened their steely grip of influence ", though. I must try & see if I can fit it into conversation sometime.

" After years of mind-numbing “mustaches” of adjustment"

Mind-numbing mustaches?

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 3

Objectively, it is a little bizarre that we drink the milk of another animal on a regular basis.

Why? What' s the big difference between

- some part of a plant has a nutritial value

and

- that animals flesh has a nutritial value

and

- that animals milk has a nutritial value

This thread is blasphemy. Everyone has forgotten the best thing about milk. CHEESE! Second only to BACON!

• Like 6