Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reality Hits...

Kowalski

(CBS News) CBS News has learned more than two million Americans have been told they cannot renew their current insurance policies -- more than triple the number of people said to be buying insurance under the new Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare.

There have been estimates about hundreds of thousands of people losing coverage, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported on "CBS This Morning." CBS News has reached out to insurance companies across the country to determine some of the real numbers -- and this is just the tip of the iceberg, Crawford said. The people who are opening the letters are shocked to learn they can't keep their insurance policies despite President Obama's assurances to the contrary.

The White House is on the defensive trying to explain it, after Mr. Obama repeatedly said, "If you like your doctor or health care plan, you can keep it."

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, "What the president said and what everybody said all along is that there are going to be changes brought about by the Affordable Care Act to create minimum standards of coverage."

It's an unexpected reality of Obamacare being told through anecdotes in local papers and on social media. But the hard numbers reveal the evidence is far more than anecdotal. CBS News has confirmed with insurance companies across the country that more than two million people are getting notices they no longer can keep their existing plans. In California, there are 279,000; in Michigan, 140,000; Florida, 300,000; and in New Jersey, 800,000. And those numbers are certain to go even higher. Some companies who tell CBS News they've sent letters won't say how many.

Industry experts like Larry Levitt, of the Kaiser Family Foundation, say the insurance companies have no choice. "What we're seeing now is reality coming into play," he said.

Obamacare forces them to drop many of their plans that don't meet the law's 10 minimum standards, including maternity care, emergency visits, mental health treatment and even pediatric dental care.

Link: http://www.cbsnews.c...nsurance-plans/

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

Quick question, would a single man be required to pay for maternity care as well?

• Like 2

If only people would of warned us about this before hand. Oh wait people did

• Like 5

Heard today that these just represent the DECEMBER renewals. We can expect these kind of numbers monthly through the end of December 2014.

But now worries, the President is already blaming those dastardly insurance companies (you know, the ones who helped write the damned law) so everything is going as planned.

• Like 3

Quick question, would a single man be required to pay for maternity care as well?

Yes, he would be. Much like a 75 year old woman, must as well.....

• Like 2

Heard today that these just represent the DECEMBER renewals. We can expect these kind of numbers monthly through the end of December 2014.

But now worries, the President is already blaming those dastardly insurance companies (you know, the ones who helped write the damned law) so everything is going as planned.

Well theoretically that should be the worst month, shouldn't it. With open enrollment in November for most companies. But who knows this whole thing seems like a fisting and I don't think they will stop until they reach the back of my teeth.

• Like 1

Yes, he would be. Much like a 75 year old woman, must as well.....

It all sounds outrageous BUT the Secular Progressive Elitists in Washington know better then the American General Public.

- Surrender your liberty and free will. We know best you tiny little worms. -

• Like 3

The report states:

The Obama administration said there were 4.7 million unique visits to the website during its first 24 hours.

But here's the not-so-funny part: Only six users were able to enroll, according to CBS News.

The figure is within newly released documents from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service "war room" meetings that took place after the website failed on Oct. 1, CBS News reports.

By the afternoon of Oct. 2, the number of enrollments was "approximately 100," CBS says.

Ninja came on this site within 24 hours of Obamacare starting and went on and on about how easy his enrolling in Obamacare and what BS all the complaints were. So our boy Ninja was one of the six or is he a liar? He also said his wife enrollled so would that mean they represent 33% of all enrollees? Maybe he was on a state site. LMAO

• Like 2

The report states:

The Obama administration said there were 4.7 million unique visits to the website during its first 24 hours.

But here's the not-so-funny part: Only six users were able to enroll, according to CBS News.

The figure is within newly released documents from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service "war room" meetings that took place after the website failed on Oct. 1, CBS News reports.

By the afternoon of Oct. 2, the number of enrollments was "approximately 100," CBS says.

Ninja came on this site within 24 hours of Obamacare starting and went on and on about how easy his enrolling in Obamacare and what BS all the complaints were. So our boy Ninja was one of the six or is he a liar? He also said his wife enrollled so would that mean they represent 33% of all enrollees? Maybe he was on a state site. LMAO

Something you should know: I'm starting to hear the word - Impeachment -.

16 Words

--- If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan. ---

High Crimes and Misdemeanors : F R A U D

Obama is guilty of orchestrating and perpetrating a MASSIVE fraud on the American people.

About 19 Million Americans will lose their Individual Heath Care Plans.

When you add in the Employer Mandate, then about 93 Million Americans will lose their Health Care Plans.

Are you ready for an Impeachment Trial in the U.S. Senate ?

--------

Obama delayed the Employer Mandate for 1 Year in order to make himself look less guilty.

• Like 3

Something you should know: I'm starting to hear the word - Impeachment -.

16 Words

--- If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan. ---

High Crimes and Misdemeanors : F R A U D

Obama is guilty of orchestrating and perpetrating a MASSIVE fraud on the American people.

About 19 Million Americans will lose their Individual Heath Care Plans.

When you add in the Employer Mandate, then about 93 Million Americans will lose their Health Care Plans.

Are you ready for an Impeachment Trial in the U.S. Senate ?

--------

Obama delayed the Employer Mandate for 1 Year in order to make himself look less guilty.

Obama would never have gotten reelected if he had told the truth......

• Like 3

Obama would never have gotten reelected if he had told the truth......

In addition to the Fraud Charge, i guess they could throw in Using the IRS to Attack the Tea Party.

Call in Lois Lerner during the Impeachment Trial in the U.S. Senate.

Grant her immunity and then find out what did she know and when did she know it.

I'm not sure about a Benghazi Charge. - Who gave the order to stand down? -

• Like 1

In addition to the Fraud Charge, i guess they could throw in Using the IRS to Attack the Tea Party.

Call in Lois Lerner during the Impeachment Trial in the U.S. Senate.

Grant her immunity and then find out what did she know and when did she know it.

I'm not sure about a Benghazi Charge. - Who gave the order to stand down? -

Well he didn't know about any of those things until he heard it on the news, remember so maybe we can impeach him for gross incompetence.

• Like 3

Well he didn't know about any of those things until he heard it on the news, remember so maybe we can impeach him for gross incompetence.

Unless we have a Deep Throat (Mark Felt) kind of guy come forward and implicate Obama.

Our last president starts a war on a lie, aka a fraud, which kill hundreds of thousands of people, yet people are upset about something with good intentions for them?

Which one upsets you more? Or rather, which one should?

We've all heard these impeachment calls before, last time was from the other side, and nothing happened. Obama won't be impeached, so release yourself of this fantasy.

Government always has good intentions with its programs. If that's the reason to support anything, we must support everything.

Government can't afford the health care it had already. Piling more on at this point has past the point of fiscal insanity.

• Like 3

Our last president starts a war on a lie, aka a fraud, which kill hundreds of thousands of people, yet people are upset about something with good intentions for them?

Which one upsets you more? Or rather, which one should?

We've all heard these impeachment calls before, last time was from the other side, and nothing happened. Obama won't be impeached, so release yourself of this fantasy.

Wasn't one of the reasons, for the War in Iraq, to bring democracy and freedom to the Iraqi people?? And we ALL saw how that one turned out... :-*

Yes, what Bush did was wrong, and he is a war criminal, and should be brought up on war crimes charges. He should have been impeached but Pelosi bailed his rear end out....

Obama is just as bad, and even worse then Bush...He professes to be liberal but he is not. Jesus, when will you people wake up, and realize both the democrats and republicans are the problem! They both work for Wall Street and the corporations, not for us. And that is all Obamacare is, is corporate cronyism...the rich to get richer...It has nothing to do with helping people get "affordable" health care. Most of the uninsured WILL STILL BE UNINSURED! And a lot of people who are going to be getting kicked off their health plans will be uninsured as well....Yes, our health care system needs to be overhauled, but Obamacare is not the anwser.

Will Obama be impeached? Probably not. But I think he should be. If enough people would protest and get the ball going, I think he could be, but Americans have just become apathetic....They don't care if someone is a liar and a criminal, as long as it's "their" guy in office...It's stupid....We need to start holding these guys accountable for their actions. This is not a partisan issue. If you lie to the public, and commit criminal actions, your butt needs to go! And that goes for ANYONE in office, no matter their political affiliation.

• Like 4

, yet people are upset about something with good intentions for them?

lmao, are you stoned??? pretty much clear at this point it was anything but good intention

• Like 3

Thought I would share this:

Link: http://online.wsj.co...171710423780446

Everyone now is clamoring about Affordable Care Act winners and losers. I am one of the losers.

My grievance is not political; all my energies are directed to enjoying life and staying alive, and I have no time for politics. For almost seven years I have fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer, with a five-year survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec. 31.

My choice is to get coverage through the government health exchange and lose access to my cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance outside the exchange (the quotes average 40% to 50% more) for the privilege of starting over with an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits.

Countless hours searching for non-exchange plans have uncovered nothing that compares well with my existing coverage. But the greatest source of frustration is Covered California, the state's Affordable Care Act health-insurance exchange and, by some reports, one of the best such exchanges in the country. After four weeks of researching plans on the website, talking directly to government exchange counselors, insurance companies and medical providers, my insurance broker and I are as confused as ever. Time is running out and we still don't have a clue how to best proceed.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Nothing in that article says that Obamacare was the cause of her loss of insurance. Paying $1.2 million for someone that has a 2% survival rate would be a greater motivation to dump coverage from a company standpoint, in my opinion. If I told my boss I was going to take a $1.2 million hit for something that has a 98% chance of failure, he would tell me to do anything it takes and use any excuse to dump that project. I know human life is different than construction, but from a company's standpoint its all about the $$$.

lmao, are you stoned??? pretty much clear at this point it was anything but good intention

Good intentions...that's why the POTUS was so transparent about its development like he said he would be....oh wait, he wasn't, was he?

• Like 1