Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suzaku Study Points to Early Cosmic 'Seeding'

Waspie_Dwarf

Suzaku Study Points to Early Cosmic 'Seeding'

Most of the universe's heavy elements, including the iron central to life itself, formed early in cosmic history and spread throughout the universe, according to a new study of the Perseus Galaxy Cluster using Japan's Suzaku satellite.

Between 2009 and 2011, researchers from the Kavli Institute for Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology (KIPAC), jointly run by Stanford University and the Department of Energy's SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in California, used Suzaku's unique capabilities to map the distribution of iron throughout the Perseus Galaxy Cluster.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• spacecowboy342

I wonder if we can conclude from this that organic chemistry may have been going on throughout the universe for billions of years before the earth even formed?

I wonder if we can conclude from this that organic chemistry may have been going on throughout the universe for billions of years before the earth even formed?

What do you mean by "organic chemistry"? I ask because it is a term most people misuse.

Organic chemistry is any chemistry involving molecules which include one or more carbon atoms. I think it is safe to say that organic chemistry has been going on in some form or another since shortly after the first carbon atoms were produced by supernovae.

What do you mean by "organic chemistry"? I ask because it is a term most people misuse.

Organic chemistry is any chemistry involving molecules which include one or more carbon atoms. I think it is safe to say that organic chemistry has been going on in some form or another since shortly after the first carbon atoms were produced by supernovae.

Yeah, I guess I'm looking for self replicating polymers