Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lifelong paranormal encounters.

Parennessy

Hi!

I have signed up to this forum hoping to find some possible explanations as to what has been happening to me.

First, a bit of background.

I have always been the type of person to see unexplained things. When I was a kid I used to see an old lady in my bedroom at night and according to my mother I once saw her when I was in the bath and told her about it. Turns out an old lady died in that house and sure enough, my bedroom at the time used to be her bedroom when she lived there.

Fast forward a few years to when I go on a school excursion with my class. I took a photo and caught a semi-transparent nun praying in front of an alter, it was very clear in the photo.

A few months back I went on a ghost tour of an abandoned insane asylum, I saw a nurse, a patient and heard a distant scream of a woman yelling "Help me."

I was with my father that night and he also saw a few things.

I once had a mind reading type of experience with a Wiccan. She told me that I have a special gift and to "Believe what others can not see." I hadn't told her that I have had paranormal experiences.

I have been studying the paranormal since I was a kid, I've always had a fascination with it.

The reason I posted this thread, though, is because today something new has started happening.

I came home today and sat in my bedroom on my PC as I usually do.

Then...

Knock Knock Knock,

on my bedroom door. Three distinct knocks.

I opened the door and nobody was there.

I asked everyone that was home why they knocked on my door and they said "we didn't knock on your door?"

Then it happened again an hour later.

Around two hours later everyone except for me and my brother went to the shops. My brother was in his room playing video games.

Then..Knock Knock Knock again on my bedroom door. I open the door, nobody there.

I tell my brother to cut it out if he is messing with me. He insists that he didn't do it. He isn't a prankster so I believe him.

Here is where things get interesting.

I have depression, adult ADHD and Bipolar Type II.

So, of course, I don't tell anyone about any of my paranormal experiences because they'll shrug it off as me being crazy.

I don't know if it's paranoia speaking but I've always felt more vulnerable to paranormal beings coming into my life because they know nobody will believe me.

I have never hallucinated, I have never been in a psych ward and I tent to think I am 100% "all there" when it comes to my thoughts and hearing.

Or maybe I have been hallucinating these things.

All I know is that I have heard three distinct knocks on my door tonight. Multiple times.

Oh, did I mention it's Halloween tonight? Haha. Just adding more fuel to the fire I guess.

I have heard of the "Someone is going to die soon" theory but I'd like some explanations that are specific to my situation!

Do I have an increased ability to see and hear paranormal entities?

What do the three knocks mean?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

You have no superpowers.... the knocking on the door was kids playing with you.

That, or what Frank said.

You've an admitted fascination w/ paranormal since childhood, you've bipolar disorder type 2.

You're paranoid adn your mind is connecting your disorder to what is msot readily available to you, in your case being, the paranormal.

You're not crazy, tho seeing a therapist would probably be a good idea.

• Like 1

I'm bipolar type 1 and can't figure out why in the heck it's relevent.

The answer always is "you're special".

• Like 1

I only mentioned because I think his is causing him paranoia which allows him to think supernatural things are happening around him.

• Like 2

It's halloween, time of the year for those gifted people to seep in, post and vanish like their evidence

• Like 1