Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Obamacare horror story debunked

questionmark

yea pretty much.

liar or incompetent, don't matter to us. but he is not the only one to blame fror it, he is actually the last person i'd blame, it is the ones that wrote it and voted on it, they knew , i'm 200% sure they knew. it isn't situation with 1 bad president, pretty much entire system is rotten, and he is just a blame man.

• Like 1

As stated above, is it much better to have an incompetent president rather than a liar? Should it matter if he knew or not? He has portrayed himself as an expert, therefore he should have had this information before making any such statements. Either way the outcome is the same for the public.

Yeah, we still get ******…

1451548_587116624670552_1278870773_n.jpg

• Like 1

Is there proof anywhere Obama actually took the time to read the thing?

do we care if he did??? he talked and assured americans as if he wrote it himself.

• Like 1

From what I gather, the law has a base floor which means that plans falling under the base floor cannot be kept. If they are kept in place, the insurance company would be in violation of the law.

excpt for grandfathered plans

Hello Ninja. Just wondering your take on the Presidents assurance that "if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it" & "Noone is going to take it away". These seem like pretty black and white statements. Can you see any shades of grey?

• Like 1

Hello Ninja. Just wondering your take on the Presidents assurance that "if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it" & "Noone is going to take it away". These seem like pretty black and white statements. Can you see any shades of grey?

yes most Americans 80+percent have no change. a small percentage of plans are not really insurance. Now they can get something better. And some of that was before the law was passed.

yes most Americans 80+percent have no change. a small percentage of plans are not really insurance. Now they can get something better. And some of that was before the law was passed.

Surely any policy which states that, for a small weekly fee, you will receive a payment if 'X' happens IS insurance? And someone took those policies away despite the Presidents assurance to the contrary. If he had said "you can keep your plan, only if it meets certain guidelines" that would be a more accurate statement

• Like 1

You live in DreamVille don't you? ObamaCare is NOT insurance...it is a large giant leap toward Single Payer and you know it...and if you don't know that...really...then...you aren't that smart.

And what are those? Obama promised that we could keep our doctor PERIOD. Keep our insurance PERIOD. No caveat. No implied hidden meaning. Then the lie was revealed. The story then plays out that that is not what he said. That he meant that you could keep your insurance as long as it doesn’t change. His staff then stated that it’s a fact that insurance policies change all the time. Now today Obama said: “What We Said Was, You Could Keep Your Health Care Plan, If…”

“If you had or have one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law,” the president said, “and you really like that plan, what we said was, you could keep it… if it hasn’t changed since the law’s passed.” Does he think that everyone is that stupid?

The thing is is that insurance companies in order to be compliant with Obamacare have been changing their policies in this transition period since the law was passed. That means everyone’s insurance *IS* changing. Within a few years, everyone will have their policy cancelled. If they don’t get a cancellation, people have been dropping their coverage because it is too expensive under Obamacare. The reason that people liked their old coverage was because Obamacare was too expensive. It’s more expensive because it is more coverage than most people need. It’s not because the coverage that they’ve had was somehow substandard. It met their needs. It is fiscally irresponsible *AND* unConstitutional to be forced to purchase more than you need, let alone at all. With the level of debt that Americans carry and the falling median household income, most cannot afford to spend an extra $6K+ on medical expenses, without going into foreclosure (if they own a home). Middle American home owners will be the ones that get hurt in this.

So how many are we talking about that’ll get to keep their insurance? Maybe 2? Even if it’s a few more, he wasn’t talking to the majority yet he allowed us to believe that he was. The majority are getting changing insurance. This is bait & switch plain and simple and the President lied through his teeth. This is no white lie or some hype. This is the worse most blatant fraud committed against the American People ever.

• Like 1

And what are those? Obama promised that we could keep our doctor PERIOD. Keep our insurance PERIOD. No caveat. No implied hidden meaning. Then the lie was revealed. The story then plays out that that is not what he said. That he meant that you could keep your insurance as long as it doesn't change. His staff then stated that it's a fact that insurance policies change all the time. Now today Obama said: "What We Said Was, You Could Keep Your Health Care Plan, If…"

"If you had or have one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law," the president said, "and you really like that plan, what we said was, you could keep it… if it hasn't changed since the law's passed." Does he think that everyone is that stupid?

The thing is is that insurance companies in order to be compliant with Obamacare have been changing their policies in this transition period since the law was passed. That means everyone's insurance *IS* changing. Within a few years, everyone will have their policy cancelled. If they don't get a cancellation, people have been dropping their coverage because it is too expensive under Obamacare. The reason that people liked their old coverage was because Obamacare was too expensive. It's more expensive because it is more coverage than most people need. It's not because the coverage that they've had was somehow substandard. It met their needs. It is fiscally irresponsible *AND* unConstitutional to be forced to purchase more than you need, let alone at all. With the level of debt that Americans carry and the falling median household income, most cannot afford to spend an extra $6K+ on medical expenses, without going into foreclosure (if they own a home). Middle American home owners will be the ones that get hurt in this.

So how many are we talking about that'll get to keep their insurance? Maybe 2? Even if it's a few more, he wasn't talking to the majority yet he allowed us to believe that he was. The majority are getting changing insurance. This is bait & switch plain and simple and the President lied through his teeth. This is no white lie or some hype. This is the worse most blatant fraud committed against the American People ever.

Unless it was....Our Embassy' in Bengazi was attacked because of a YouTube Video...

• Like 1

Surely any policy which states that, for a small weekly fee, you will receive a payment if 'X' happens IS insurance?

I was wrong. It's 97+ percent that are unaffected. As for your question, no. Those policies don't pay "X". At all. That's the problem.

ObamaCare is NOT insurance...it is a large giant leap toward Single Payer and you know it...

of course it's not insurance. Why would you think otherwise? It has nothing to do with single payer and is NOT a step toward it much as I wish it was.

Obama promised that we could keep our doctor PERIOD. Keep our insurance PERIOD. No caveat. No implied hidden meaning.

wrong. IF you had read the law, you'd have known. Life is not black and white. As you get older, you realize this.

"If you had or have one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law," the president said, "and you really like that plan, what we said was, you could keep it… if it hasn't changed since the law's passed."

and for the most part this is true.

The thing is is that insurance companies in order to be compliant with Obamacare have been changing their policies in this transition period since the law was passed. That means everyone's insurance *IS* changing. Within a few years, everyone will have their policy cancelled.

some yes. All, not so much. And no everyone will not have their policy cancelled. Please stop lying.

If they don't get a cancellation, people have been dropping their coverage because it is too expensive under Obamacare. The reason that people liked their old coverage was because Obamacare was too expensive. It's more expensive because it is more coverage than most people need.

and you accuse Obama of lying. That's just pure BS. The exchange prices are cheaper than previously proved here numerous times.

It's not because the coverage that they've had was somehow substandard. It met their needs.

well until the "insurance" company refused to pay

unConstitutional to be forced to purchase

you've been proven wrong. Please stop lying about "unconstitutionality".

So how many are we talking about that'll get to keep their insurance? Maybe 2?

no. 270 MILLION

Even if it's a few more, he wasn't talking to the majority yet he allowed us to believe that he was.

of course he was.

The majority are getting changing insurance.

no they are not.

of course it's not insurance. Why would you think otherwise? It has nothing to do with single payer and is NOT a step toward it much as I wish it was.

Really how so. it is introducing a level of coverage that the insurance companies have meet regardless of their ability to sustain it. if the companies are unable to survive (i.e. stay in business) they go away. who is going to step in and

fill the void when the insurance companies are gone? I don't expect to have a major break through with you but D*** when you do hit the wall it is going to hurt.

• Like 1

Unless it was....Our Embassy' in Bengazi was attacked because of a YouTube Video...

Which, of course, is BS. It was admitted that the initial thought was wrong. What do you want?

Really how so. it is introducing a level of coverage that the insurance companies have meet regardless of their ability to sustain it.

they helped write the law. Of course, they can sustain it.

if the companies are unable to survive (i.e. stay in business) they go away. who is going to step in and fill the void when the insurance companies are gone?

other insurance companies.

other insurance companies.

it is simple economics you can't paint a rosy picture if there is no money to be made in the health insurance business you won't have companies starting up to fill the void.

that is why we don't have any new typewriter companies, dial telephone, or steam locomotives there is no money in it.

so try again.

wait till the government starts to dictate what level of car insurance we need to carry and at what level the insurance companies need to operate. that will probably be next.

• Like 2

Government should handle our life insurance too....it'd be another big republican bonanza come election time to win those elderly voters over once again. And the best thing is, government just throws out the actuarial tables when it comes time to figure out how much people should actually pay, so insurance will be just as low for a 90 year old as a 20 year old! If I didn't know better I'd think that a bunch of old liberals from both parties are playing a big hoochie game of Spank The Kids.

• Like 3

Government should handle our life insurance too....it'd be another big republican bonanza come election time to win those elderly voters over once again. And the best thing is, government just throws out the actuarial tables when it comes time to figure out how much people should actually pay, so insurance will be just as low for a 90 year old as a 20 year old! If I didn't know better I'd think that a bunch of old liberals from both parties are playing a big hoochie game of Spank The Kids.

Please don't give them anymore ideas....:)

• Like 1

I didn't point this out yesterday but does anyone else find this one of the scariest statements?

I can here Obama now "I'm going to give you this signed blank check fill it out for whatever you want"

I thought the republicans were the party for big business?

I guess next he'll have some illegal immigrants and members of the Mexican drug cartel over and see if they can get a handle on border security and immigration laws.

• Like 2

I didn't point this out yesterday but does anyone else find this one of the scariest statements?

I can here Obama now "I'm going to give you this signed blank check fill it out for whatever you want"

I thought the republicans were the party for big business?

I guess next he'll have some illegal immigrants and members of the Mexican drug cartel over and see if they can get a handle on border security and immigration laws.

YES! :yes:

it is simple economics you can't paint a rosy picture if there is no money to be made in the health insurance business you won't have companies starting up to fill the void.

that is why we don't have any new typewriter companies, dial telephone, or steam locomotives there is no money in it.

but there is and they're making it hand over fist. The reason we don't see those old things is that something much better came along.

wait till the government starts to dictate what level of car insurance we need to carry

they do already. There certain minimum standards. Just like with the ACA. thanks for making the point!

Edited by ninjadude