Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Server Upgrade Notice

Saru

In response to the ever growing demands on the server due to Unexplained Mysteries enjoying it's highest ever traffic these last couple of months, and to combat the problems that have been causing downtime, slowness and other issues relating to high traffic, a new, more powerful server is now on order to which we will be transferring in the very near future.

The new server will fix all the server load problems, allowing speedy and problem-free access to the site. In addition it will allow me to expand the site considerably, with many new planned changes and updates which have not been possible before.

The transfer to the new server should not create any periods of site downtime, however during the final stages of the changeover, the forum will have to be disabled temporarily to prevent data being lost after the site database has been transferred. This period should not be more than a few hours, however.

More details will be posted nearer to the time of the changeover.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• AztecInca

• Fluffybunny

• Scar

Good News Mr ... I mean Saruman thumbsup.gif

You Ever think about adding a donate Button, and set up some Paypal account?

Some People Would Gladly Donate to the Website, I know I would !

It lets us show appreciation for your Site thumbsup.gif

I've never been too keen on the idea of asking for donations, the adverts on the site help to fund all the server costs.

I'll keep the idea in mind though Scar, thanks thumbsup.gif

Amen to that MC.

Thanks Saruman!

Some People Would Gladly Donate to the Website, I know I would !

It lets us show appreciation for your Site  thumbsup.gif

322913[/snapback]

He is very selfless when it comes to financing his site, I can't begin to imagine the expenses he has incurred over the years. That's why I always link to Amazon.com from his site when ever I make a purchase there, the return isn't much, but every little bit helps. thumbsup.gif

I cant believe theres going to be more added! ohmy.gif this is the most extensive all encompassing site ive come across. I imagine there will be more space, but what to do with it..... You must be very excited SaRuMaN. I know i am

Thank you x infinity Boss

clap.gif yay!! clap.gif ill donate when i can...just gotta figure out paypal tongue.gifgrin2.gifwub.gif

Sounds great Saruman, looking forward to this site becoming even greater, although I find that hard to fathom, this site already rocks and Im sure always will!

Cant wait!

I wouldlalso be happy to donate to this site, as long as i could work out how to do it!lol!

Anyway, thanks for running this site Saruman and all the moderators do a magnificent job as well! Keep up the good work!

Excellent news!! thumbsup.gif Bet u can't wait huh!!

What about those who are on low income who can't afford to pay? How can they access the site? Also, I live in the UK and have never heard of Paypal, until I got on the web.

Alot of people would lose out on a brilliant website

I've never been too keen on the idea of asking for donations, the adverts on the site help to fund all the server costs.

I'll keep the idea in mind though Scar, thanks thumbsup.gif

322934[/snapback]

I think that is a brilliant idea, I hope you do setup a paypal account so that people here can pitch in for all that we have gotten from this site. For a year now this site has added a great deal of entertainment to my day while I sit at my desk working away. You have created a wonderful online world for everybody to be a part of that deserves to be supported.

I run several websites and I can't even fathom how much bandwidth you use here...oy. wacko.gif

What about those who are on low income who can't afford to pay? How can they access the site? Also, I live in the UK and have never heard of Paypal, until I got on the web.

Don't worry, i have no intention of imposing a compulsary fee for site access, UM will always remain free to use. thumbsup.gif

Thanks to everyone here for their support, it's much appreciated. original.gif

Server Update

Our new server has been set up and i will start configuring it today. We should be transferring over to it before the end of the week if all goes well.

Awesome Saruman, you continually amaze me with just how good this iste is as Fluffy said this has brought me much happiness and entertainment while I have learnt so much as well!

Cant wait to this is all upgraded, I cant imagine just how much it wil rock!