Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what if?

lonelytree23

This is my first post, so be gentle lol and if a thread about this topic has already been made, then i will delete this one.

Ok, ill keep it brief, as much as i want the likes of bigfoot to be discovered and proven real, how would you all feel? All of these years its been an exciting game of mystery, alleged hoax videos/photos and sightings.

For me it would ruin the game and belief, its fun letting the imagination roam and having our own ideas.

If they are proven real, we would have to start again with new mysteries.

• Like 1

As I've said many times, I think it would be fantastic. Most of us love these legends and it was shows like In Search Of that got us hooked on these mysteries as young children. But unfortunately, like many around here, as we've gotten older and wiser we've realized that the evidence for these creatures simply isn't there. Still great fun to talk about them though.

• Like 4

The cryptozooologists will lose their jobs because PROFESSIONAL zoologists and experts will step in and the paintlickers will look the fools they are. Melba Catchemall or whatever their name is? Yeah I can see them being part of a DNA analysis team after Bigfoot was discovered. Matt Moneymaker or David Attenborough who would you think they'd want doing to documentaries?

Yes I think the wonder of these beliefs would be lost if we could neatly reduce them to hard scientific facts which may be the reason why the truth of these matters remains so elusive.

• Like 1

If they were proven to actually exist then I would be really happy. I think they and their environment would become protected and it would lead to many more people looking onto what else is out there.

I'm not sure I see a problem. The goal of anyone who's looking for these creatures is to find them.

Yes I think the wonder of these beliefs would be lost if we could neatly reduce them to hard scientific facts which may be the reason why the truth of these matters remains so elusive.

Huh? Is the wonder of a Siberian Tiger, Lowland Gorilla, Polar Bear, etc. reduced because they have been documented as "hard scientific facts" ?. I call BS. A Siberian Tiger or Mountain Gorilla is a magnificent animal precisely because I can see photos of it and read articles about its behaviour, etc. Bigfoot is boring precisely because it remains so vague. Learning about Bigfoot and seeing photos of it and learning about its behaviour will make it much more fascinating to me. Less knowledge about something does not make it fascinating. More knowledge makes it fascinating.

As a result, Bigfoot is far more boring and banal than other species we have pictures of, videos of, DNA samples of, behavorial studies of etc. All those things allow us to learn amazing things about species. Lack of knowledge just fills peoples imaginations with made up BS that they think is a substitute for actual scientific knowledge.

• Like 4

This is my first post, so be gentle lol and if a thread about this topic has already been made, then i will delete this one.

Ok, ill keep it brief, as much as i want the likes of bigfoot to be discovered and proven real, how would you all feel? All of these years its been an exciting game of mystery, alleged hoax videos/photos and sightings.

For me it would ruin the game and belief, its fun letting the imagination roam and having our own ideas.

If they are proven real, we would have to start again with new mysteries.

I would think it was cool for 100% undeniable proof of BigFoot to be found(or captured)...

I personally don't worry about the loss of the mystique. There are still like thousands of criptids left in the world that need found or debunked. Like SheepSquach, Goatman, Thunder Bird, Nessie, moth man, Jersey Devil, and The Goat Sucker. Just to name a few of the big ones...

Edited by Midyin

If say Nessie or Bigfoot were actually proved to exist, there would be a lot of skeptics still claiming "no way"..."hoax"..or "conspiracy". Such is human nature and the unwillingness to be proved wrong.

If say Nessie or Bigfoot were actually proved to exist, there would be a lot of skeptics still claiming "no way"..."hoax"..or "conspiracy". Such is human nature and the unwillingness to be proved wrong.

I disagree.

Once you get a David Rabbitborough documentary about it, the skeptics will be the first in line saying "I believed in them all the time".

And likewise, there would be some believers who if a discovered cryptid creature turned out not to be what they had thought, not what they had argued for, did not fit their facts, and was not that novel, etc.

they would argue "Nope, wrong creature."

Any would be cool to discover, imo. I agree completely with Rafterman. But I'd feel sorry for any bigfoot on display suffering through thousands of onlookers with cameras :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: . That would be inhumane, yet would we care?

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Mostly because people are cowards. They have their own ideas of what the rules of the world are(Monsters, ghost, and ETs aren't real), and they'll fight tooth and nail to resist anything that may say the contrary because the thought that world may be bigger than what they assumed it to be scares the **** out of them...

I've seen pretty strong evidence of lots of stuff on this forum, and a lot of the same members tend to stick to their "It's all bull****" stance(at least they're consistent)..

Oddly, none of them ever seem to create any threads or give even an inch. If you ask them. They know everything, and any of us that believe in Ghost, Monsters, or ETs are just stupid or crazy...

I've been told by several people that these members are here for the soul purpose of naysaying and misdirection, but I'll let you all form your own conclusions...

Though it is strange that these same people always say "NO!" to everything. Most of the people here tend to say yes to at least some things, but not these guys...

If they don't believe in anything then Why are they here?

Edited by Midyin

Mostly because people are cowards. They have their own ideas of what the rules of the world are(Monsters, ghost, and ETs aren't real), and they'll fight tooth and nail to resist anything that may say the contrary because the thought that world may be bigger than what they assumed it to be scares the **** out of them...

I've seen pretty strong evidence of lots of stuff on this forum, and a lot of the same members tend to stick to their "It's all bull****" stance(at least they're consistent)..

Oddly, none of them ever seem to create any threads or give even an inch. If you ask them. They know everything, and any of us that believe in Ghost, Monsters, or ETs are just stupid or crazy...

I've been told by several people that these members are here for the soul purpose of naysaying and misdirection, but I'll let you all form your own conclusions...

Though it is strange that these same people always say "NO!" to everything. Most of the people here tend to say yes to at least some things, but not these guys...

If they don't believe in anything then Why are they here?

Many are here to correct the misinformation being given by some. Nothing wrong with that. Many still hope some cryptids are real, but need actual evidence. Again, nothing wrong with that.

I'm a skeptic who would love for a cryptid to be found. I would love to read actual research on them.

To answer the OP, I think many would veer towards other cryptids.

• Like 1

I disagree.

Once you get a David Rabbitborough documentary about it, the skeptics will be the first in line saying "I believed in them all the time".

Not me.... I would go like - Waoow, I never for a second thought Id see the day!! THIS IS AWESOME!!

It would be really cool but also would create more arguments between believers and non-believers, you'd never see the end of it.

• 3 weeks later...

One of those huh?....

Just saying the truth most cryptozoologists have no education in biology or any kind of animals. They like to pretend they know what they are talking about, they write books on the subjects make money off of it but they are really just making stuff up as they go along. You can see videos of some cryptozoologists talking about the Patterson footage claiming that they can see muscles moving but the fact is the video is to blury to make out. They are just seeing what they want to see. cryptozoologists just make stuff up and pretend to be real scientists.

You have s valid point, cryptozoology, as it exists today is loaded with faker, pretenders, wannabes and straight up charlatans. All chasing after by he dollars generated from gulible people.