Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel bombs Syria

Farmer77

The weird thing about this attack is there is no US coverage at all and there doesn't seem to be any outrage from Syria or Russia.

Bibi seems to be keeping his word. The real story here is why Obama seems to want to cause Syria to retaliate. As long as such strikes are unconfirmed, Assad can ignore it publicly. Having the US confirm it pushes Assad into needing to respond when he otherwise might not. I find that curious.

• Like 2

Bibi seems to be keeping his word. The real story here is why Obama seems to want to cause Syria to retaliate. As long as such strikes are unconfirmed, Assad can ignore it publicly. Having the US confirm it pushes Assad into needing to respond when he otherwise might not. I find that curious.

Great observation, i was pondering the same thing. Its almost like Syria is baiting the US.

If i were an Israeli i would be worried ..well hell id always be worried, but now i would be worried about a "false flag" type operation. Seems the money men really want this war.

• Like 2

Syria is baiting the U.S. ? It looks exactly opposite to me. Israel just bombed a city in Syria... Syria didn't just bomb a city in Israel.

If Syria were to retaliate by doing so... that would be a Free Pass for an Invasion of Syria.

... Obama doesn't want anything except what he's told to "want". Presidents don't run things . . they say things.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 4

Syria is baiting the U.S. ? It looks exactly opposite to me. Israel just bombed a city in Syria... Syria didn't just bomb a city in Israel.

If Syria were to retaliate by doing so... that would be a Free Pass for an Invasion of Syria.

... Obama doesn't want anything except what he's told to "want". Presidents don't run things . . they say things.

So you believe Israel wants to invade Syria? I don't see the benefit. It would almost certainly cause a regional war and the Jewish people value their sons and daughters FAR more than do their Arab cousins - or so it seems in light of the way Arab is treating Arab in Syria, Iraq, Yemen...

ETA: Israel also is very interested in Iran just now. They don't need the distraction of a war on their borders.

Edited by and then

No.... i believe there are those that still want the U.S. to Invade Syria.. with any possible allies , bought or otherwise, to assist. If Syria were to respond significantly to the Israeli attack, a "U.S." response would seem more justifiable.

• Like 2

No.... i believe there are those that still want the U.S. to Invade Syria.. with any possible allies , bought or otherwise, to assist. If Syria were to respond significantly to the Israeli attack, a "U.S." response would seem more justifiable.

Oh, I see. That makes more sense to me but I hope you are incorrect.
  • Like 3

Great observation, i was pondering the same thing. Its almost like Syria is baiting the US.

If i were an Israeli i would be worried ..well hell id always be worried, but now i would be worried about a "false flag" type operation. Seems the money men really want this war.

Israel has been doing this for a few times this year and attacked a nuclear station that was being built a few years ago. Israelis wont be scared

The weird thing about this attack is there is no US coverage at all and there doesn't seem to be any outrage from Syria or Russia.

An attack carried out by Israel didn't get coverage in the US? What's weird? That's called another day in the Zionist office.

Israel has been doing this for a few times this year and attacked a nuclear station that was being built a few years ago. Israelis wont be scared

Israeli policies are paranoid, terroristic and hyper-militant. This also once again blows the repeated claims made here by the usual suspects that Israel doesn't attack its neighbors. No coverage? It must not be true! Everything that happens that's true is covered by the MSM.

It's high time the US handed your problem back to you. It's time for all Brits to start shelling out good tax money to pay the entitlement holders in Israel.

• Like 2

Israeli policies are paranoid, terroristic and hyper-militant. This also once again blows the repeated claims made here by the usual he suspects that Israel doesn't attack its neighbors. No coverage? It must not be true! Everything that happens that's true is covered by the MSM.

It's high time the US handed your problem back to you. It's time for all Brits to start shelling out good tax money to pay the entitlement holders in Israel.

Nice try Yam but Israel didn't attack SYRIA she attacked offensive weapons inside Syria bound for one of her enemies. If Israel wanted to attack Syria do you not think Israel could do more than strike a single base in a very limited way? I realize distinctions don't matter to you but I just thought I'd keep the record straight. :)

Nice try Yam but Israel didn't attack SYRIA she attacked offensive weapons inside Syria bound for one of her enemies. If Israel wanted to attack Syria do you not think Israel could do more than strike a single base in a very limited way? I realize distinctions don't matter to you but I just thought I'd keep the record straight. :)

Attacking is attacking. This is an act of war, giving Syria casus belli to attack Israel whenever it wants. But you don't care about Israel's security, you want to expand the Zionist immigration campaign and jam as many Jews into the Christy-Zionist Armageddon as possible. And it's become obvious that's all you care about. Israel's policies jeopardize the security of every Israeli.

• Like 2

Attacking is attacking. This is an act of war, giving Syria casus belli to attack Israel whenever it wants. But you don't care about Israel's security, you want to expand the Zionist immigration campaign and jam as many Jews into the Christy-Zionist Armageddon as possible. And it's become obvious that's all you care about. Israel's policies jeopardize the security of every Israeli.

Sophisticated weaponry in the hands of Israel's enemies is what threatens Israelis most. We both know that Israel isn't interested in a war with Syria and as such did not go after that state but rather just a weapons depot. Interesting that they keep finding exactly where these weapons are stored isn't it? If Assad could strike back he would. Yet he keeps (apparently) trying to pay off Hezbollah with surface to air and surface to ship missiles. If Obama continues to sound the alarm and make everyone aware of Assad's "failings" then Assad may well have to act to maintain his credibility among his brethren.

I would appreciate it if you would stop with the nasty little jabs as well Yam. It does nothing to help the discussion.

• Like 1

So you believe Israel wants to invade Syria? I don't see the benefit. It would almost certainly cause a regional war and the Jewish people value their sons and daughters FAR more than do their Arab cousins - or so it seems in light of the way Arab is treating Arab in Syria, Iraq, Yemen...

ETA: Israel also is very interested in Iran just now. They don't need the distraction of a war on their borders.

Those jionist do not start war for benefits. They start war because of hatred towards Arab.

Sophisticated weaponry in the hands of Israel's enemies is what threatens Israelis most. We both know that Israel isn't interested in a war with Syria and as such did not go after that state but rather just a weapons depot. Interesting that they keep finding exactly where these weapons are stored isn't it? If Assad could strike back he would. Yet he keeps (apparently) trying to pay off Hezbollah with surface to air and surface to ship missiles. If Obama continues to sound the alarm and make everyone aware of Assad's "failings" then Assad may well have to act to maintain his credibility among his brethren.

I would appreciate it if you would stop with the nasty little jabs as well Yam. It does nothing to help the discussion.

Sophisticated weaponary in the hands of Israel is a threats for the peace and stability of middle east.

Edited by jeem
  • Like 1

Sophisticated weaponary in the hands of Israel is a threats for the peace and stability of middle east.

I'm sure some Israelis do hate Arabs. That hate works both ways though and Arabs and Muslims in general are guilty of hating as well. If you could solve the problem you have with Israel, Jeem, how would you do it?

I'm sure some Israelis do hate Arabs. That hate works both ways though and Arabs and Muslims in general are guilty of hating as well. If you could solve the problem you have with Israel, Jeem, how would you do it?

What some of the non-Zionists Israelis are doing. The ones that know that false flowery wall actually is covering up the destruction and sparseness on the other side of it. They are working with the Palestinian farmers who had their crops poisoned by Zionists and Palestinians in general creating a more peaceful relationship between each other.

The greedy zionists are the only ones saying its not possible. Although it is.

Just outlaw any level of extremism on both sides. Continuing this aggressive front isn't going to help anyone.

The divide, the disconnection an constant hostility is what will continue the violence.

• Like 3

What some of the non-Zionists Israelis are doing. The ones that know that false flowery wall actually is covering up the destruction and sparseness on the other side of it. They are working with the Palestinian farmers who had their crops poisoned by Zionists and Palestinians in general creating a more peaceful relationship between each other.

The greedy zionists are the only ones saying its not possible. Although it is.

Just outlaw any level of extremism on both sides. Continuing this aggressive front isn't going to help anyone.

The divide, the disconnection an constant hostility is what will continue the violence.

Interesting idea. How would you enforce it OS?

Hate is never a valid basis for policy decisions. People are allowed to hate. It's a free country. It's their actions that matter. And Israel's actions are unique in this conflict because they are state-sanctioned.

Some of the violence coming out of Palestine was party-sanctioned for a time, but compared to what damage Israel has done, this is relatively immaterial.

Interesting idea. How would you enforce it OS?

Easy. International peacekeepers in Israel and the occupied territories.

Easy. International peacekeepers in Israel and the occupied territories.

Like the ones who prevented the massacre in Srebrenica?

Like the ones who prevented the massacre in Srebrenica?

Perhaps more like the ones who helped rescue and evacuate US Delta personnel and Army Rangers from Mogadishu in 1993 (although Muslim-majority UN peacekeepers, such as those Pakistanis and Malaysians in Somalia, might not be acceptable in the region. Nations such as Sweden, historically neutral, have performed well in the UN mission in, for instance, Lebanon--UNIFIL--for decades).

Not a panacea, but deployment of peacekeepers is usually more stabilizing that ratcheting up rhetoric or taking a "___________ (insert nation's name here) will do whatever it needs to do to maintain (insert "security," "sovereignty," "superiority" or whatever).

• Like 1

Perhaps more like the ones who helped rescue and evacuate US Delta personnel and Army Rangers from Mogadishu in 1993 (although Muslim-majority UN peacekeepers, such as those Pakistanis and Malaysians in Somalia, might not be acceptable in the region. Nations such as Sweden, historically neutral, have performed well in the UN mission in, for instance, Lebanon--UNIFIL--for decades).

Not a panacea, but deployment of peacekeepers is usually more stabilizing that ratcheting up rhetoric or taking a "___________ (insert nation's name here) will do whatever it needs to do to maintain (insert "security," "sovereignty," "superiority" or whatever).

So you believe a UN force could remain unbiased and keep both sides from hostilities?
  • Like 1

So you believe a UN force could remain unbiased and keep both sides from hostilities?

On this one, AT, my belief is modest--perhaps minimal. On an Earth which has a crust soaked in blood, it's worth a try (I can't imagine the State of Israel agreeing to such, but what do I know?).

• Like 1