Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real Dracula was absolutely vicious

Still Waters

No, you dont wanna discuss Vlad, you just want to blame something for what he did.

Article itself is saying that if he is tortured by ottomans is a historical speculation. (you brought about the discussion to turks it isnt even mentioned in the article.) So I am smelling something deliberate here.

I am not "ottoman empire" so I dont need to defend anything. But as I said and explained above their state is not ruled by turks alone and you can find it in any serious historical research. They identify themselves as turk because of my above explanation.

of course you can go back to Romania now :)

ah btw, thanks for writing the name of the ethnicities beginning with a capital letter. I can never do that, you know.

Edited by thyra

No, you dont wanna discuss Vlad, you just want to blame something for what he did.

Article itself is saying that if he is tortured by ottomans is a historical speculation. (you brought about the discussion to turks it isnt even mentioned in the article.) So I am smelling something deliberate here.

I am not "ottoman empire" so I dont need to defend anything. But as I said and explained above their state is not ruled by turks alone and you can find it in any serious historical research. They identify themselves as turk because my above explanation.

of course you can go back to Romania now :)

I don’t just want to blame something for what he did, I do blame Turkish invaders for what he did and I have recorded history to back my opinion up.

Psychopath of Dracul’s proportions would be offed by his own terrorized population if there was no Turkish threat and it looks like his habit of gruesomely murdering random bystanders cost him his throne and life in the end despite there was Ottoman, thoroughly Turkish empire scaring the **** out of people probably equally as much their own Vlad did.

Impaling was Turkish method of execution, applied by Ottoman invaders in Bosnia, for example, where people had no idea who Vlad Tepes was. He picked that up from Turks, maybe even back then when he was child hostage in Turkey.

Now take a deep breath of your own posts and get back to me when you find out what kind of roses can permeate like that. So, feeling fed yet? If not, I'll be back tomorrow, I'm done for today.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

ermm, I am not annoyed, I guess. :)

I am sad if you are feeling remorse against a whole of an ethnicity...for you of course. I hated one person and it took me years to get over it and i am still working on it but you have a whole nation before yourself..must be tough. it is sad you are educated that way. because probably you are educating your children this way as well.

My grandparents are Circassian, they were send away from their homes by some rulers. They died on their way to here where I live now. It is history. I cant go back to those rulers and tell them what they are doing is wrong but I myself am a ruler here and I choose not to defend anything against you. Perhaps this gives you some ease and comfort. take care.

Edited by thyra

There is a Cemetary on top of a hill just outside Whitby , Yorkshire England, which has a Gravestone standing there with just one word on it.......DRACULA. It is reported that no birds fly over that Cemetary.

ermm, I am not annoyed, I guess. :)

I am sad if you are feeling remorse against a whole of an ethnicity...for you of course. I hated one person and it took me years to get over it and i am still working on it but you have a whole nation before yourself..must be tough. it is sad you are educated that way. because probably you are educating your children this way as well.

My grandparents are Circassian, they were send away from their homes by some rulers. They died on their way to here where I live now. It is history. I cant go back to those rulers and tell them what they are doing is wrong but I myself am a ruler here and I choose not to defend anything against you. Perhaps this gives you some ease and comfort. take care.

All right, if it's urgent, it's urgent.

Vlad Tepes, if possible, if you wish to discuss me further I suggest Cryptozoology section.

So, more on topic, as pretty much everyone agreed so far, cruelty was a rule not an exception in Vlad’s time, but that guy was exceptionally cruel even for standards of that period.

Impaling hundreds of people at once sounds much worse than civilized vampire biting occasional neck. But said civilized vampire strikes many readers as metaphor for STD, or venereal disease as they called them so poetically back then when they were much greater taboo than today.

I think Vlad would be p***ed off with Dracula that somehow evolved from his name and work.

There is a Cemetary on top of a hill just outside Whitby , Yorkshire England, which has a Gravestone standing there with just one word on it.......DRACULA. It is reported that no birds fly over that Cemetary.

Hehehe, well the Balkan myth about vampir(es) is that IF an animal crosses over the grave for first 40 days after death of a person, that same person will vamp-up! But only after that, no animal will cross over such entity.