Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ban Bulldog game say parents

Commander CMG

• Freya James was eight years old when she was hurt on a playground
  • Was rushed to hospital but died two hours later from a ruptured liver
  • Nick and Anekke James, from Twickenham, Middlesex, blamed her death on the 'rough', tag-based game

arrow3.gifView: Read more

it was a accident - many school playground games are rough. sadly on this occasion a chain of events came together to cause loss of life. I remember playing football at 'play time' went for a diving header and was booted square on the jaw and was knocked out cold. am sure accidents in the play ground happen every single day caused by playing various games.

Edited by stevewinn

Imo:

I don't completely agree with the comments I read under the article. I hope when they do their investigation any necessary changes are addressed. It is not up to schools to make kids tough. It is up to schools to keep kids safe. That didn't happen here and if the death of this young girl could have been avoided, without stripping kids of fun and playtime, I hope that comes to light.

Let kids run and play and have fun. But an avoidable death of a child on school property during school hours shouldn't be seen as just an unfortunate casualty. Although I agree, unavoidable accidents do happen with kids, and generally schools have an impressive record for keeping them safe.

I do not mean banning recess or running, or that every possible scenario could even be predicted and avoided by schools. But such things as overcrowded playgrounds, objects that pose an unnecessary danger, and ineffective monitoring/evaluating of a child who has sustained an injury should be corrected. If necessary at this school and any other school.

If some parents want their kids to get banged up and be tough, fine. But that is not up to them to tell other parents what their children should experience during school hours. You have to strike a balance when dealing with a variety of kids and parents.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Jeez,as Kids we played british bulldog all the time,and yes there were people who got hurt.No wonder the younger generations are growing up so namby pamby.

Maybe we should wrap our Kids in cotton wool and make them live in a bubble.(sarcasm)

We were out in all weathers and never lived in our rooms playing video games.

• Like 2

No bulldogs away,

no throwing snowballs,

schools closing because of ice on the cold temperatures..

Let's take the pencil sharpeners off them and blunt the edge of the A4 paper so they don't get a paper cut.. Pathetic, god help us in future wars.

• Like 2

Of course I feel sad for the family. But as other people have said it just looks like it was a terrible accident. You can't wrap kids up in cotton wool and the rough and tumble of the playground is all part of learning. I do think they need to look into the reason for railway sleepers in a kids play ground and see if they should be removed, although it could just as easily have been the corner of a brick wall or a curb or door etc.

• Like 1

• Freya James was eight years old when she was hurt on a playground
  • Was rushed to hospital but died two hours later from a ruptured liver
  • Nick and Anekke James, from Twickenham, Middlesex, blamed her death on the 'rough', tag-based game

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Lets make everything illegal because lets face it someone somewhere will die from it.

No bulldogs away,

no throwing snowballs,

schools closing because of ice on the cold temperatures..

Let's take the pencil sharpeners off them and blunt the edge of the A4 paper so they don't get a paper cut.. Pathetic, god help us in future wars.

This reminds me of the recent shocking footage screened on our local TV news channel showing children playing the vicious game of 'conkers' without wearing the required goggles, helmet, gloves and hi-vis vests! Disgraceful!

• Like 1

This reminds me of the recent shocking footage screened on our local TV news channel showing children playing the vicious game of 'conkers' without wearing the required goggles, helmet, gloves and hi-vis vests! Disgraceful!

Yep,how ridiculous is that ?

The world has gone mad.....

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1