Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can ghosts kill animals

tashbrendan

hi im wondering if ghosts can kill small animals. I have activity in my house. Thursday night I felt someone breathe on my left shoulder I turned around no one was there, I turned back around n continued wat I was doing I then felt another breath on my left shoulder I tried to ignore it. I was then making my kids lunches n I heard banging outside towards the back of my house then I heard it out the front of my house I got goosebumps it continued to happen for about half an hour. the next day me n my partner had altercations with someone that came over causing trouble. that same night I heard footsteps on the tiles in my house n a bang here n there I tried to ignore it the, next day my rabbit who is only 2 years old was eating n drinking fine n was a healthy young rabbit ended up dying in the evening. this isn't the first animal to die on me after hearing noises or feeling something in my house. I really hope someone can help me explain this mystery but I believe ghosts or something more evil is at work

hi im wondering if ghosts can kill small animals. I have activity in my house. Thursday night I felt someone breathe on my left shoulder I turned around no one was there, I turned back around n continued wat I was doing I then felt another breath on my left shoulder I tried to ignore it. I was then making my kids lunches n I heard banging outside towards the back of my house then I heard it out the front of my house I got goosebumps it continued to happen for about half an hour. the next day me n my partner had altercations with someone that came over causing trouble. that same night I heard footsteps on the tiles in my house n a bang here n there I tried to ignore it the, next day my rabbit who is only 2 years old was eating n drinking fine n was a healthy young rabbit ended up dying in the evening. this isn't the first animal to die on me after hearing noises or feeling something in my house. I really hope someone can help me explain this mystery but I believe ghosts or something more evil is at work

Hi tashbrendon, welcome to UM,

I personally don't think ghosts or spirits etc can kill humans or animals. If they could do you not think that the ghosts of victims of serial killers would come back and kill them?

You typed, "the next day me n my partner had altercations with someone that came over causing trouble."

That there is scary, do you have more information on that, also where abouts was the rabbit?

I heard about this haunted stables in Gettysburg PA once, that allegedly is said to be haunted by a very angry solder, and the story I heard said that he stays back in the corner stable, hates anyone that invades that space, and if you put an animal in that back corner stable that animal will be torn to shreds by dawn...

It's a pretty interesting 'Ghost Story', but I personally think a killer stable would have been on the news or something..

• Like 1

they could but I dont think they will, dont consider it

Edited by Spiritus Spacium

Nasty entities can cause a lot of harm, including bites, scratches, even trying to push people down the stairs. I don't know of ay who've killed someone although some people have been driven to despair with poltergeist activity. As for pets, some evil "ghosts" might've been responsible for seriously hurting them under weird circumstances. I don't know about killing them.

What happened to your pets? Did you take your rabbit to a vet to find out why it died?

I don't know. My mother told me a story once about a house she was renting with another girl back when she first got out of highschool.

The house had a lot of your typical 'Haunting Tropes' like things going missing then showing up in strange places, the attic Door knob rattling and loud knocking on that door all night, a disgustingly sweet smell in the stair way that led too the attic that made people want to barf, dissembodied voices, appliances and lights turning on or off by themselves. The whole none yards....

But the two of them had a big Blue Tick dog, and when the weather was nice they would tie this dog out to the front porch with a bowl of food and water before they would go to work..

One day my Mother got home and seen that some ******* drove their car up three their yard and ran their dog over, then left. Like the way she described it was there was tire welts in the yard that shown where the car swirled into the yard and back out again seemingly with the pure intent of killing this poor dog...

Under normal circumstances the two women would have just chalked this up to the insidious acts of one Limp-d*** human that needed to kill an animal to feel better about them self, but given the problems within the home prior to this they were convinced that the haunting had something to do with it, and they both moved back in with their families...

Now I don't know if this really was a ghost killing a pet, or if it was just some d*** head, but I figured it was a story worth telling, and I'll let you all be the judge...

Edited by Midyin

We had a neighbor kill one of our pets on purpose. He never admitted to it, but some time later I heard him talking about it with his wife, and the way it all happened made perfect sense. Plus he bragged about doing it to another of his neighbors.

He was pure flesh and blood, but I can tell you I wished for demons in his life for a long while.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Having had several rabbits in my life, I can find it say to say that rabbits can die quite unexpectedly. I know that nether proves or disproves anything, I just wanted to let that be out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a giraffe once,... and then a ghost came along, and this is what happened!!

fat_giraffe.jpg

If there was something really evil at work in your house whether it's a ghost or anything else, consider that an animal could die of seizures so maybe you should consider moving to another location to stay safe.

Nearly all my pets which I had died prematurely, except cats. Ever since I don't want to hold animals in the home and I think that natural habitat for them is of much greater value.

Still, it seems that each animal I get attached to dies prematurely by either car hitting or food poisoning or even crazy neighbours who HATE animals. Really, I can't fathom that there are people who'd hit a dog, a cat or similar, with a hammer. One neighbour, hunter, shot our dog ten years ago to prove to his pals what a shooter he is. His windows were shattered afterwards.

As for me, this is the first time I hear that ghosts may attack animals. Never considered it. But animals have better senses than humans so it might be possible for them to be more sensitive to certain manifestations. Also, what food did you feed your rabbit? Perhaps it had some strong pesticide on it.

Edited by Nenaraz

If there was something really evil at work in your house whether it's a ghost or anything else, consider that an animal could die of seizures so maybe you should consider moving to another location to stay safe.

I disagree, take your pet to the vet, have it have a check over. There is no solid proof that ghosts have attacked or killed pets.

I said this a thousand times here, We humans do not know what an animal thinks, We can only speculate what they think or act.

I'm a believer in ghosts and spirits, so if you say your house is haunted I wanted dispute it. But I do think its more likely that you have an intruder. Your animals that die, are they kept outside? Because if so this points even more to somebody coming onto your property and messing with them. I would keep them inside if I were you. Also keep in mind that rabbits are prey animals, so they can easily die of fright or shock. I think in the unlikely event that a spirit has killed an animal it would probably be of fright or something, I doubt that most of them have the actual physical power to literally throttle an animal to death.

I had a giraffe once,... and then a ghost came along, and this is what happened!!

fat_giraffe.jpg

lookout goodyear man a new mascot is movin in Edited by soulseeker

They can make them animals suicide

And about that giraffe, damn, imagine a size of that evil ghost who got inside your giraffe ehehe

Can't prove it, never had a situation that the logical "thing" that did anyone harm was a "ghost" though I have been slapped by something during one going through a deceased person's home, along with scratches across my lower back. Guess the less than kind remarks of the deceased owner came back from "somewhere" to teach me some manners. So can "ghost" kill, as far as I am concerned if "they" have reason to get back at the living for whatever reason(s), you bet they can. :no: :no: :no:

Edited by born2run