Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghost cat during pregnancy

mauisnshn1

When I was pregnant back in 2006 with my twin boys I was on bedrest for a long time. I spent a lot of time playing on my computer because I really couldn't do much more. A bunch of times when I was sitting in my chair at the desk I would feel a cat rub along my legs. Thing is we didn't have cats. The first time this happened I kind of thought I was imagining things but then it became a daily thing. After my sons were home from the hospital my neighbor came to see the babies . While she was in the nursery she said "oh I didn't know you guys had a cat" my sis and I just looked at each other. Our friend said she had just seen a cat walk past the door to my room. My sis and I told her there's no cat here and explained what had happened during my pregnancy. ( I think we freaked her out) as she left right after we told her the story. Has anyone else had an experience like this or do they know of some meanings for this happening.

Edited by mauisnshn1
  • Like 3

Did you know any cats when you were younger? It might've been a former household pet or it could be a spirit guide. There's nothing to be concerned about. Whatever cat this is, sounds friendly and protective.

I had an experience with a cat, it got its claw stuck in the lace bit of my hoodie wasn't my cat mind bit awkward having a cat hanging from you're hoodie lace in front of someone's house.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar experience back in 2011 when i was staying at my Mums, i could feel a cat curl up beside me before i went to sleep and i could hear it purr. It wasnt every day just on odd occasions. however when i was sick it would come every day. At one time my Mother came in and she could hear the purring as well. it never felt like a scary situation, i spoke to a medium about it and she said there was a black cat that comes and goes, which didnt surprise me as when i was young we had a black cat who had the habit of coming in and sleeping on my bed when i was sick. never any other time. Anyway it hasnt happened since though i have moved numerous times-its hard to know why these things happen at certain times and places, i can only say go on gut feeling. if it seems harmless, it probably is. Might just be a spirit looking out for you?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I was pregnant back in 2006 with my twin boys I was on bedrest for a long time. I spent a lot of time playing on my computer because I really couldn't do much more. A bunch of times when I was sitting in my chair at the desk I would feel a cat rub along my legs. Thing is we didn't have cats. The first time this happened I kind of thought I was imagining things but then it became a daily thing. After my sons were home from the hospital my neighbor came to see the babies . While she was in the nursery she said "oh I didn't know you guys had a cat" my sis and I just looked at each other. Our friend said she had just seen a cat walk past the door to my room. My sis and I told her there's no cat here and explained what had happened during my pregnancy. ( I think we freaked her out) as she left right after we told her the story. Has anyone else had an experience like this or do they know of some meanings for this happening.

Ignore the Trolls.

I had a similar experience not to long ago. I was in Bed trying to fall asleep when i looked over and i happened to see what i thought was my cat. He was on my Computer desk walking over my stuff and my i pod light was on as well. I'm calling over to my cat telling him to come here and he's just walking over my computer and he was sniffing my stuff. I had a drink on the table and i didn't want him to knock it over and spill it on my computer or ipod so i was about to get up when i saw him go on down on my chair with his head low and then vanish. As i walked over to my desk i looked for my cat and he was not even in my room. When i realized that he wasn't even in my room the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up. He was down stairs sleeping the whole time.

The Cat was able to make my i pod light up by touching the button as i saw him looking at it. I believe I saw a full bodied apparition of a cat including the eyes which were red.

Note: The Duration the Cat was visible to me was the whole time the I Pod Light was on. So thats even creepier.

Edited by stevemagegod

Funnily enough my partner and I had a very similar experience quite recently. We were both dozing early in the morning and I thought her son had jumped into bed. My partner then sat up bolt upright and said she though a cat had just jumped onto the bed! Neither of us had moved prior to this and she didn't have a cat at the time. Very bizarre but it hasn't ever happened before or since!

Edited by Murk

I like cats too, always have and they like me.

My daughter was born in 2006, and during the last month of pregnancy, her mother would sometimes wake up in the night, claiming she saw a black cat in the bedroom.

We never had any cats and it was not possible for one to sneak in.

It happened two or three times, i never saw it myself. Maybe that's a Jungian Archetype thing?