Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ball lightning... What do you guys think?

White Crane Feather

I'm curious about what UMers think about Ball lightning.

Here is some footage I found. Some of it I'm skeptical about but a couple seem to be interesting.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• Gatofeo

• Shiloh17

• beelzebufo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm fascinated by ball lightning and think it's real. There are still a lot of natural phenomena that aren't well understood, and when you look at things like blue jets, red sprites, and dark lightning, ball lightning doesn't seem all that unbelievable.

Ball lightning's existence is not in doubt. Too many people, highly trained at that, have witnessed it.

I've never a meteorologist who doubted its existence. Rather, they've wished they could see it.

Electricity still has unexplainable aspects to it. Lightning, particularly, does things that make meteorologists, physicists and electricians shake their heads.

That's what I thought. As far as I can tell most meteorologists say its a real phenomenon just difficult to study do to its rarity.

The clip in the video with the scrolling Asian characters underneath it where there is a ball of light then it seems to shatter as lightning strikes looks legit.

Edited by White Crane Feather

I've seen it once, when I was about 6 years old. Lightning flashed, and we (my brother and 2 sisters) looked up and saw a ball of lightning,

I suppose around where it originated. One of those things you don't forget.