Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lugging a lot of years

markdohle

Lugging a lot of years

I lug around with me almost 65 years of experiences, the majority buried deep, sleeping, but the effects of the past still have a powerful influence on how I live my life and interact with others. There is no such thing as ‘real’ objectivity when it comes to interpersonal communication, there are just too many lenses that are used when looking, listening, or reading….. and those that I meet; are also experiencing reality through their own set of lenses. I suppose it can be very frustrating for many to think that they are being misunderstood, well they are, but the fact of the matter is, that is the norm most of the time. It is only when the conversation goes deeper, and the art of seeking to understand and listen reaches it limits, that the light dawns that communication is spotty at best, and for it to be good a great deal of energy is needed by both sides in seeking understanding of the others viewpoint. Even with that, the desired outcome is often a disappointment.

Edited by markdohle

Life is full of disappointments Mark, but as my mom would tell me, without the bad days there would be no good days. Too many regrets in my lifetime also but some good memories along the way, and I'm not far behind you age wise. Too many people have a higher opinion of themselves when in fact the more humble people in the world are the true friends

• Like 1

Yep, life can suck at times. Life's tough so wear a cup.

Ups, downs, lefts and rights. What's worse is when you finally think you've met someone who isn't crazy, a player, a gold digger, only to find out they've been told the wrong information about you and when you try to correct them so they know the true truth, they don't want to listen. You can't be a nice guy because that isn't what they want......oh, yeah, they will tell you they want the nice guy, has a job, doesn't fool around, but they will never go near that guy because that guy isn't the bad boy with the Harley and the biker trash mentality.

No, it don't make any sense to me either, but that the way of it.

• Like 2

Life is full of disappointments Mark, but as my mom would tell me, without the bad days there would be no good days. Too many regrets in my lifetime also but some good memories along the way, and I'm not far behind you age wise. Too many people have a higher opinion of themselves when in fact the more humble people in the world are the true friends

Wise words, thanks.

peace

mark

Yep, life can suck at times. Life's tough so wear a cup.

Ups, downs, lefts and rights. What's worse is when you finally think you've met someone who isn't crazy, a player, a gold digger, only to find out they've been told the wrong information about you and when you try to correct them so they know the true truth, they don't want to listen. You can't be a nice guy because that isn't what they want......oh, yeah, they will tell you they want the nice guy, has a job, doesn't fool around, but they will never go near that guy because that guy isn't the bad boy with the Harley and the biker trash mentality.

No, it don't make any sense to me either, but that the way of it.

LOL, true, thanks.

Peace

mark