Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer?

Only_

Hi everyone,

What is your choice of browser these days?

Chrome and firefox seems to be the best options but Internet Explorer 11 made some improvements which puts them among the best browsers.

Edited by Taridb

Chrome.

I've heard that IE has been greatly improved in recent years, but I don't care. I made the switch over to Chrome back when it was first released in Beta and the superiority was obvious. Cleaner simpler interface. Blazingly faster at rendering web pages. Made the other browsers I'd used look like bloated slugs. If IE is actually as good as or nearly as good as then I don't care because it's too little too late. Microsoft need to be doing more than playing catch up to Google if they want to win back customers.

Same goes for Bing search. People keep telling me it's as good as or nearly as good as Google these days. Don't care. When Google search first came out it was a breath of fresh air - a simple clean website which gave relevant answers to search queries unlike the ugly messy alternatives which had a half-dozen search fields and about 300 links all on their home page.

Microsoft seem to be playing catch-up to Google when it comes to Internet stuff. No wonder their online division is such a money pit, losing billions year after year where the rest of the company is posting healthy profits.

Chrome here at work, but ONLY because I need it to view the videos for my Coursera class. Firefox all the way at home.

Well, I'm still using Firefox because it's set up the way I like it and am too lazy I guess to make the switch to Chrome.

I would never use that monstrosity known as Internet Explorer though!

I agree with Jesse on Google.....and never, ever, ever, use Ask.com.......it's the worst!

I use Chrome or Firefox,I hate Explorer with a passion.

Chrome, however contrary to popular belief it has vastly improved and is releasing an anime character driven version which promises faster and more lightweight use.

Firefox. I tried Chrome but didn't like it.

• Like 1

Losing money ?...Are you kidding these giants transfer money to make it seem as they are losing money ..this way they pay no taxes

Losing money ?...Are you kidding these giants transfer money to make it seem as they are losing money ..this way they pay no taxes

Yes, Microsoft's online division loses billions. They're trying to and failing to compete with Google in free online services like webmail, search etc. that should generate income via adverts, but are struggling to win over users from Google.

The company as a whole however turns a healthy profit of billions year after year. All other divisions of the company make huge profits so they're not declaring any overall losses as a company, merely that one division of the company can't turn a profit.

those overseas transfers by corps really do hurt the tax base and it would seem that it is done by all major players

After being (happily) with Firefox for a long time, I've been with Chrome now for about a year or so and prefer it overall.

It sounds like we're talking about relationships :D

After being (happily) with Firefox for a long time, I've been with Chrome now for about a year or so and prefer it overall.

It sounds like we're talking about relationships :D

Relationships.....yeah.......I think Google's Chrome is like a beautiful woman.....with dark intentions. I think I'll stick with Firefox even though I considered Chrome. I'll still use their search engine though.....

I used to have Chrome as first browser and IE as second. But this summer I learned about a new browser named Comodo. After having tested it for a day, it is now number one and Chrome slipped down to second place. I could import my bookmarks and stuff from Chrome so I'm fine with it.

I am using FireFox and really like it.

I am not going to use Chrome which is a Google product and probably rife with spyware and junk.

I might try another browser someday but not sure what one would be as "safe" (relatively speaking) as FireFox.

I've been using Firefox for years and it's never disappointed me. I know the layout, it's user friendly, I see no reason to switch to anything else.