Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

India readies Mars probe for launch

Waspie_Dwarf

India readies Mars probe for launch

India is preparing to launch a robotic spacecraft towards the Red Planet - a first for the South Asian country.

The head of India's space agency told the BBC the mission would demonstrate the technological capability to reach Mars orbit and carry out experiments.

The Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) will lift off at 0908 GMT on Tuesday atop an Indian-built rocket from Sriharikota.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Good for India. Lets hope they pull it off successfully!

Does that mean they've solved their poverty problem and will no long require further £squilllions of Overseas Aid from UK?

• Like 1

This is the science section. and more specifically the Space Exploration and Spaceflight section. Can we keep on topic please.

If you wish to discuss the UK's aid programme then the UK politics section is the appropriate place.

Thank you

This is the science section. and more specifically the Space Exploration and Spaceflight section. Can we keep on topic please.

If you wish to discuss the UK's aid programme then the UK politics section is the appropriate place.

Thank you

My apologies, but I still think it's relevant.

• Like 1

My apologies, but I still think it's relevant.

The problem is that previous topics on the Indian space programme have become bogged down in off topic discussion.

I do agree with you that it is relevant however, so I have started a topic and poll where the moral and financial aspects of the Indian space programme can be discussed leaving this (and other) topics free to discuss the space related issues.

I hope that is a fair compromise.

The poll can be found here: Should India be sending a spacecraft to Mars.