Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

39 thousand-year-old wooly mammoth on display

Still Waters

I take it, based on the size, 10 years old means the mammoth was still a child. From the picture the mammoth does look well preserved. I get the impression that the the Zoo direct thinks Mammoths were precious animals. ""Many precious animals are facing the threat of extinction today," Yeh said, adding that he hopes the exhibition will also encourage people to cherish the earth and do more to protect the environment." I hope when the human race is going extinct, we'll be saved becasue we're precious.

if its possible to clone sheep, cows and im sure humans with the technology we have then shouldnt we be able to clone extinct species such as the mammoth. Would be totally awesome to go to alaska wilderness and see a brought back population of mammoths. In theory this could also help endangered species, which would greatly help our ecosystem. why arent we trying to do something of the sort?