Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Awesome story out of Philadelphia

Simbi Laveau

This story has unfolded over Facebook.

I'm sorry I cannot embed photos on here, but the threads tell the story, and it's news, before it's news!

A woman saw a photo of a homeless man with his cat, on the streets of a city somewhere.

She posted the photo, which is very cool actually, and asked people network it, to see if anyone knew him or the city.

It was reposted for 24 hours, and the woman got ahold of the photographer as well.

The man has been found, and as many of us said, it's Philly.

He's had the cat, Muffy, since she was a kitten (she's usually better dressed than he is).

The woman, will be helping the man, David, get a job, and a home.

CBS heard about it all, and are doing a story on it all now as well.

Miracles do happen!!!!

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 3

Cool :)

Edited by EzyEllis
  • Like 1

Awesome! I've seen him hanging around Walnut St. a few times and even gave him a few bucks. Such a sweetheart.

So glad to know there are good people in this world!

Edited by littlewallflower
  • Like 1

I think it's awesome too.

Yet, the cynic in me, whenever I see those begging here where I live with pets asks- Are they just using animals to get money? I know it works. I see them in the hot Texas sun without water panting on the corners.

But that is just where my mind goes and what I fear.

There are plenty of homeless animals to take advantage of or to chain back up outback when you get home from being "homeless".

I know, I'm loads of fun to be around.

• Like 1

I think it's awesome too.

Yet, the cynic in me, whenever I see those begging here where I live with pets asks- Are they just using animals to get money? I know it works. I see them in the hot Texas sun without water panting on the corners.

But that is just where my mind goes and what I fear.

There are plenty of homeless animals to take advantage of or to chain back up outback when you get home from being "homeless".

I know, I'm loads of fun to be around.

Well as I said, Muffy is usually better dressed than David.

Her little outfits look handmade too, so I think people make her little sweaters.

Well as I said, Muffy is usually better dressed than David.

Her little outfits look handmade too, so I think people make her little sweaters.

Yeah, I'm not commenting on this duo specifically, just in general what concerns I have for any animals, specifically dogs, I see.

A cat is impossible to force to do anything, so I'm sure they have a good relationship. The cat looks content and happy. And they don't fake it like dogs.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

That's a nice story. I hope the guy appreciates it.. But what if he doesn't Want a job? lol it's probably all good... but this reminds me a dude my wife's friend knows, in London... who panhandles for a living and lives in a nicer place than she does!

• Like 1

That's a nice story. I hope the guy appreciates it.. But what if he doesn't Want a job? lol it's probably all good... but this reminds me a dude my wife's friend knows, in London... who panhandles for a living and lives in a nicer place than she does!

Some of them make a lot of money.

We shall see.