Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

37 y/o Man opens Pandora's Box, then dies ...

seeder

Mystery surrounds the death of a 37-year-old man who collapsed after opening ‘Pandora’s box’.

(Pandora’s box is an artefact in Greek mythology which contained all the evils of the world)

Jason Airey was found slumped unconscious by his parents in the bedroom of their Carlisle home in May this year. A box bearing the words ‘Pandora’s box’ was beside him.

Mr Chapman said toxicology tests had found no trace of drugs in Jason’s system and ruled that he died of natural causes.

“His heart stopping caused the death of his brain which caused multiple organ failure,” he said. “We don’t really know what caused his heart to stop.

http://www.newsandst...stery-1.1095750

Im calling co-incidence of course. he could have had a box called 'astral travel' and it'd still be a weird story!! Though his parents may have wanted to have waited a while in case he travelled back)

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

"An inquest into his death heard how no drugs were found in his system and the box – which bore the inscription in red letters – contained unused synthetic cannabis."

The fact that he owned 'synthetic cannabis' makes me think that the toxicology report was only looking for known chemicals. A lot of these synthetic drugs are getting changed and 'tweaked' regularly to get round laws banning them and the people making them don't care about human life, just profit. They should keep some of his organs frozen to test in the future once they know more about some of the newer chemicals. (I don't know why my text has a faint grey highlight behind it?)

• Like 2

"An inquest into his death heard how no drugs were found in his system and the box – which bore the inscription in red letters – contained unused synthetic cannabis."

The fact that he owned 'synthetic cannabis' makes me think that the toxicology report was only looking for known chemicals. A lot of these synthetic drugs are getting changed and 'tweaked' regularly to get round laws banning them and the people making them don't care about human life, just profit. They should keep some of his organs frozen to test in the future once they know more about some of the newer chemicals. (I don't know why my text has a faint grey highlight behind it?)

Could be right but then again an autopsy may have considered that aspect? Anyway I mis-read the 'synthetic' bit, and have just now looked it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis

• Like 1

Could be right but then again an autopsy may have considered that aspect? Anyway I mis-read the 'synthetic' bit, and have just now looked it up

http://en.wikipedia....thetic_cannabis

He may or may not ever tried the synthetic cannabis. He may have been trying some other alternate synthetic high earlier that day or week. No one, not even the manufacturers know of the short or long term effects of these drugs as most of them are never sold for human consumption. Also, as no human research has been done on some of the very new ones know one knows how they break down in the kidneys and liver etc. They are advertised as things like bong cleaner, or cleaning powder. I will not name one available in the UK but this is how they describe it:-

" [name removed] is the best smelling cleaner we have yet developed. As you get started expect to be concentrating on your cleaning in about 5 min with your most intense polishing in about 20 min. The product should have the desired effect and finished the cleaning process in about 1 – 2 hours.

You will be happy to get your new sweet smelling bong scent up your nose with a clear head and tell everyone about it."

And it's actually on an 'Energizers' page on a drug related site. Also underneath are reviews from customers describing the effects on themselves... It's a loophole in the law as the drug has not been out there long enough to ban and also states clearly "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION". So god knows what he may have taken.

Or he may have just had an unfortunate heart attack out the blue completely unrelated to any drugs. Something like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_unexpected_death_syndrome

• Like 1

That is what I was thinking. There was no evidence of drugs in his system but would "synthetic cannabis" show as a drug in a toxicology report?

• Like 1

He may or may not ever tried the synthetic cannabis. He may have been trying some other alternate synthetic high earlier that day or week. No one, not even the manufacturers know of the short or long term effects of these drugs as most of them are never sold for human consumption. Also, as no human research has been done on some of the very new ones know one knows how they break down in the kidneys and liver etc. They are advertised as things like bong cleaner, or cleaning powder. I will not name one available in the UK but this is how they describe it:-

" [name removed] is the best smelling cleaner we have yet developed. As you get started expect to be concentrating on your cleaning in about 5 min with your most intense polishing in about 20 min. The product should have the desired effect and finished the cleaning process in about 1 – 2 hours.

You will be happy to get your new sweet smelling bong scent up your nose with a clear head and tell everyone about it."

And it's actually on an 'Energizers' page on a drug related site. Also underneath are reviews from customers describing the effects on themselves... It's a loophole in the law as the drug has not been out there long enough to ban and also states clearly "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION". So god knows what he may have taken.

Or he may have just had an unfortunate heart attack out the blue completely unrelated to any drugs. Something like: http://en.wikipedia...._death_syndrome

It's very scary with all the loopholes around these things. They put on the packaging not for human consumption which makes them legally blameless if something did happen!

yea, that stuff is garbage.. makes you literally retarded.

yea, that stuff is garbage.. makes you literally retarded.

You have to be relatively retarded to actually want to take them in the first place :cat:

• Like 2

Maybe he had a heart attack.a friend of mine had a heart attack and died at 33 .he and his g/f where watching tv.

She got up to get him a soda she came back to the Couch he was gone with a snap of the finger

I thought awhile ago someone in Australia died after using some kind of synthetic drug. I am sure there are chemicals that are not detectable after death. Maybe he had a heart attack or something.

Maybe he had a heart attack.a friend of mine had a heart attack and died at 33 .he and his g/f where watching tv.

She got up to get him a soda she came back to the Couch he was gone with a snap of the finger

He wasn't watching Everton was he.? :cry: